New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help on E2212  (Read 2784 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Help on E2212
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2021, 01:41:07 PM »
Status Update 1/27/21

I replaced the hopper board and that took care of the hopper running continuously.  Was able to perform hopper test, 10 coins paid out.

I also by passed the door key switch.

Found out if I disconnect one wire on door switch the light fuse does not blow.  Most of the small lights then worked on the door.  The wire I disconnected is yellow with blue dashes and was connected to normally closed terminal.  I followed the wire back to a plug behind the hopper, where it connects and becomes a pair of solid blue wires.  The switch has wires on all 3 terminals.

still doesn't register coins.

thanks for any suggestions.
Bob

where can i get schematic of cabinet to help run the short down?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 02:59:22 PM by rjpohl »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »
I hope I haven't wore out my welcome because I really need some help with figuring this "short" out.

The door switch (see picture in previous reply) has a wire on both the NC pole (the yellow/blue wire) and the NO.  When this wire is hooked up to blows the "light" circuit fuse.  With wire loose the majority of the small lights on door/buttons work.  When I connect ohm meter leads to the yellow/blue wire and ground it shows continuity (a short).

If I leave the yellow/blue wire loose from door switch the machine seems ready to play (the coin diverter is engaged) but will not register the coin when coin switch is tripped. 

Coin switch shows working under test 3.

Thanks and hope you can help me over this hurdle!
I hope to work on tis again tomorrow.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2021, 07:19:49 PM »
It's possible that stray mystery wire (leave it off!) that should not be there destroyed the IC input on the I/O board that detects door open/closed.
The game may be never seeing an actual closed door.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2021, 04:05:27 PM »
What progress I made seems to have disappeared.

Today when I powered slot on everything seemed as it was yesterday.  I was going to run test 3 but couldn't get to it.  When I press the test switch it only goes to 1.  I can't get it to go to test 2.  when i press 1 and let up on button the coin diverter drops out and the black buttons under reel 1 and 2 pull in and release, then diverter pulls back in.  Display reads 50 0.00 and then 50 0.70 and then back to 50 0.00 and so on.  If i press the reset button the last 0 on display becomes a 6 and the relay by hopper plug pluses. 

Once when I turned machine on and activated the coin drop switch the relay by hopper plug started shattering until a fuse blew.  To get the relay to stop engaging I had to remove a wire from coin drop switch.  what is the relay for?

I'm lost and unless one of you guys can get me on track I'll have to give up on this one. 

thanks
Bob

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2021, 05:05:01 PM »
the 6 usually means a power issue - reset the connection to the power supply- check for burn marks on the bottom 2 connectors. 

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 08:36:24 PM »
The relay is a "delay relay". It waits for a set time for the 5 Volt DC voltage to settle and power the board chips THEN turns on the 50 VAC voltage to the coils and such in the game.

Not getting past test one usually means the door is closed. The test switch won't work if the game door is closed.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2021, 05:01:25 AM »
The relay is a "delay relay". It waits for a set time for the 5 Volt DC voltage to settle and power the board chips THEN turns on the 50 VAC voltage to the coils and such in the game.

Not getting past test one usually means the door is closed. The test switch won't work if the game door is closed.

Alan, you're probably right and I need to check the door switch circuit.  In reply 20 I have a picture of door switch.  The wire that is connected is on the NO (would be closed when door closes), I didn't get any voltage reading on it yesterday.  Should there be voltage?   The wire that's disconnected has 7.98 vac.  It's the one that would cause the light circuit fuse to blow when connected to NC contact.
Should I hear or see the contacts close on the delay relay when door circuit is closed.  The delay relay was firing when I closed the coin drop switch on the door.
I won't be able to work on this today but hope to over the weekend.
thanks
Bob
thanks

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2021, 05:41:31 AM »
If that one stray door switch wire had AC on it the AC voltage probably damaged the IC on the I/O board, the IC input that is connected to the door switch.
Yes, you should see the delay relay turn on.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 12:39:18 PM »
If that one stray door switch wire had AC on it the AC voltage probably damaged the IC on the I/O board, the IC input that is connected to the door switch.
Yes, you should see the delay relay turn on.

What is a IC?  Is that a eprom?  How do I check?
thanks
Bob

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 03:15:29 PM »
U17 on the I/O board behind the Reel mech detects the door hinge switch on and off positions.

See attached

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 10:47:40 AM »
I swapped out i/o boards and was able to get back into the test menu.  I ran all test #3 except for door hinge switch (instructions said the personality prom must be removed for this test).  I tried to run #4 test but I believe the delay relay is bad (see picture).
Bob

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 03:23:19 PM »
The delay relay has nothing to do with the hopper.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2021, 03:26:18 PM »
The delay relay has nothing to do with the hopper.
My bad, I meant test 2. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 06:02:47 AM »
Is there a way to bench test the relay with ohm meter?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 06:13:49 AM »
Apply 6VDC to the relay coil. + to the cathode side of the counter EMF diode, - to the anode.
Check contact resistance with an Ohm meter. Contact points, when closed should be below 2 Ohms.
If resistance is higher clean the contacts with a burnishing tool.

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 11:35:04 AM »
Status -

I've got the it to where when powered up the coin diverter and coin reject are engaged and ready to play.  With door close the insert coin light is on but coins do not register.  I think I'm close, any suggestions on next step?
I performed the Test 2 and everything appeared to work as it should. 
thanks
Bob

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 02:10:24 PM »
Check the coin acceptance switch below the coin validator .
Make sure the coin is registered by the switch.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 02:12:52 PM »
Coin is registering on coin in switch.  I’ve also operated switch manually with door switch jumped. 

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 02:17:36 PM »
Is the signal getting back to the board?
Could the wire have a break- bad connection at the door hinge?
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 02:24:15 PM »
Door hinge switch appears to be working properly.  If I close the insert coin light comes on, when door is open it is off.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal