New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ Balloon Bars - trouble setting up options  (Read 19009 times)

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: IGT S+ Balloon Bars - trouble setting up options
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2014, 10:23:42 AM »
Does your PSR have anything about "Cash to Credit" or "Coins to Credit" or "Player Initiated Credit"? I believe it's option 5-0, 5-1, or 5-2.

NEVER MIND!!! I'm thinking coins being dropped, not Bills from validator, sorry.  :duh:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 01:27:27 PM by CVslots »
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2014, 11:01:57 AM »
See reply # 12. About middle ways down on the PSR. Bill Acceptor Pay Mode.
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline JOHN0813

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JOHN0813 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:43 AM »

My machine is showing 5-1 (player-initiated on) and when I go to 8-0 (Bill Acceptor Pay Mode) shows 8-2 which is pays from hopper....I cannot change that to 8-1 which is bills to credit....I turn the reset key or push the white button but the 2 in the credit window will not change to a 1 and the Spin Reel button does not light up...Am I missing a step??? 

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »

Bill Acceptor Pay Mode <0> [8]
     The bill acceptor must be enabled with the set chip to change this option.  Options are pay coins from the hopper {2}, convert bills to credits {1}, or follow the player-initiated credit {0}.  If set to follow the player-initiated credit, bills are converted to credits if the player has selected the credit mode, or paid from the hopper if the player has selected the noncredit mode.

I was trying to cut and paste from the word document but it's getting all weird and won't work properly!
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:01 AM »

I used the set chip earlier today. to turn the Bill Validator on.....does this mean I must use it again to reset the options?

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »
Yes you have to go back into that option to change it to "convert to credit" mode - you have to use the set chip again. Otherwise it will just cash out each time.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 11:40:02 AM »
This should work for you.
•With the machine turned on and in idle mode, open the door press the white test button 2 times
•You should see "2  n" in the winner paid/credits windows, where n= 0 or 1. Press the spin button until it reads "2  1”
               This enables the spin sounds.
•Turn the jackpot key once. This advances through the setup sub-menu
•You should see "5  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "5  0"
               This will make all wins automatically go to the credit meter. You will not have to turn on the credit button before playing.
•Turn the jackpot key three times.
•You should see "8  n" in the window, where n= 0 to 2. Press the spin button until it reads "8  1"
               This will force all bills inserted to go to the credit meter. You will never accidentally end up cashing out your bill.
                  [ADD 5-30-2011] It turns out that this setting has to be enabled when the dbv is set up using the SET chip. If the SET chip option is
                  configured as disabled, this option can't be changed and all bills will always go to the tray. If the SET chip option is configured as enabled,
                  then the option is set here. If enabled, a set chip is NOT required to change this setting.
                      Thanks Poppo and Stayouttadabunker for this info. 

•Turn the jackpot key once
•Press the white test button to "return" to the main menu and advance through it until you get to option group 7

{stop the first time you see a “7” in the Coins-In display}
•Set your hopper and credit limits as follows:
               Note: To set these values, turn the jackpot reset key to change the selected (flashing) digit. Press the spin button to increment the
                          flashing digit.
•[7-1] 0000   Maximum number of credits that will actually cash out from your hopper.

Zero effectively disables the hopper, but you can use a low number to match the number of coins that you have, if you wish.
                               If you have more credits than the value set here on the meter, pressing cash out will become a hand pay that is cleared with
                               the key.
•[7-2] 1200  This will cause all single wins of 1201 or more to lock up as a jackpot with lights flashing. Set this between the highest win that you

want to pay out normally and the lowest win that you want to lock up as a jackpot. Jackpot wins cleared with the jp key
                           "disappear" and are not added to the credit meter (although they are added to the jackpot meter in the bookkeeping menus.)
•[7-3] 9999  All single wins of equal to or less than the value set in [7-2] (1200 or less in this case) will go to the credit meter as long as the final

number of credits is less than 10,000.
•[7-5] 2000  The bill validator will turn off when you have more than 2000 credits. Use any value that you want here.
•[8]    0000  optional.  Partial pay on lockups. If you want some of your jackpot or lockup amounts to pay from the hopper, set this
                                 to the number of coins you want to pay out. This number cannot be higher than the hopper limit setting [7-1].
•Press the white test button one final time after making your last setting change to be sure that the changes stick
•Close the door
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »

I have the set chip in the machine...I pushed the white button and it reflects 9-1....I press the white button again and I set the coin amount...after that I cannot set up any other options...like 8-1??
Should I start again and follow the previous posting???r

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
Remove the set chip after enabling the bill validator (9-0 to 9-1). Machine should be ready to play at this point. Now, push the white reset button, and use either the button or the jackpot reset key (on the side of the machine) to advance through the menus. The PSR you have will guide you through and you will find the setting you are looking to change.

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »

I have done that .....I reset the machine again..to 9-1...the validator does work....but when I get to the 8-n option ....the Spinn Reel button does not light and I hear a click...8-2 appears and I cannot change the setting...

I tried the above long posting information but cannot get to the 8 setting to change it to a 1 instead of a 2.....

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
Do you happen to have any credits on the machine? From coin play?

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 01:36:17 PM »
No credits on the machine...after the reset....I now lost the coin to credit feature..now if I hit a win.. the coins go to the hopper...I feel like I am going backwards...Should I try a third time on the set chip?

Any help is appreciated...

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
No need for set chip if 9-1 and denom set. With no credits on machine push the white test button 2 times. Either a 2 or a 5 will be in the winner paid window, if it is the 2 follow above instruction for sound. If it is the 5 change it with the spin button. Then turn the key to get to 8 and change setting to instructions I gave. Then push white test button watching the coins played window. When you see a 7 follow instructions again each turn of the key moves the digit and spin advances it. Push test again 7-2 and follow instructions again and so on. When instructions are done push test until it goes blank, close door and your ready. What I gave you are the OPTION's for Dummies that I use as a Bible.

the rockin elvis

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 06:53:10 PM »
Stop using the SET chip -- the ONLY two things you're going to use that for are to set the denomination (so the machine knows how many credits to issue per $1 bill inserted), and to enable to bill validator.  All other options are set with the normal machine chips in place, and zero credits on the credit meter.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 04:18:25 AM »

Thanks for the last few posts....I will try again after work...and let you know my progress

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 04:57:58 PM »
Maybe you didn't understand. Once at the 8 option, It is the spin reels button that changes the 8-2 to 8-0 then 8-1

the rockin elvis

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25:04 AM »

When I got to the 8 option, the spin reel button is NOT lighted and there was no way to change the feature 8-2 to 8-1..??..!!....the reset key forwarded me to another number....

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 07:22:37 AM »
I am doing this from memory so bear with me here.  I think your problem is with the cash out switch, it is mis-wired. I do not have any S+ machines in house right now so I can't go look!  But the spin, bet one are set up the same way, the cash out has a different set up on the NO and NC contact. This will cause the problem you are having.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 01:01:10 PM »
Yes the reset key will only change to the next option. Is your spin reels button working at all? Not worried about a light. Is something else lighting up?  Sometimes the switch will come loose. With the door open push the spin reels button to see if it is pushing the switch. Or easier still, push the little white button under the coin comparator to get a credit then push spin with door open. Look at switch under spin button and make sure all wires are on it (compare the max bet button).

the rockin elvis

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 01:28:55 PM »

Yes..the spin reel button does work...and it lights up all the way through the options until I get to the number 8...then the button turns off, I hear a click... and I cannot change the setting....let me try your ideas and I will report back...Thanks

See posts 23 and 26....I was able to get the option back so that when I win..the money adds to the credit meter...however....and someone please help me...in the previous posts listed...Do I use the Set Chip again to change the 8-0 to 8-1??.....It is a little confusing the way it has been posted....but I am making progress....Also, when I do put a dollar into the BV...4 coins are ejected from the hopper and a 4 appears in the winner paid window and a 1 appears in the credit window although the credit cannot be played and disappears once I start a new spin in the game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:59:51 AM by JOHN0813 »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal