New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need reset/barrel key on Sigma B50 - replace key and/or mechanisms?  (Read 819 times)

Offline Trilliant

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Trilliant New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Thanks in advance for your help - absolute rookie here.

I recently acquired a Sigma B50 locally (Cincinnati/Dayton area) - Shamrock 7s to be particular.  Overall, it's in excellent shape.

It came with the barrel key for the door, but I do not have the barrel keys for the side switches or the main board compartment.

This became evident when (as luck would have it), on my 3rd spin, I hit a decent payout, but I had not loaded enough tokens into the hopper yet, so it errored as empty hopper.

I then realized I needed to reset off/on, but then determined it was a different key/mechanism than the door itself, and I don't have that key.  So my machine is now stuck at empty hopper because I cannot reset it.  I don't believe there is an alternative reset button like there may be on other similar machines.

Is there a way I can get this set of keys? Upon reading the manual, it seems they are fairly standard/generic...and they recommend that the door lock/key be custom for security reasons.

If not, is it feasible to replace the entire RESET switch/key unit?

I am hoping that Midwest Jim sees this, as his business card is actually taped to the side of the machine :)  I'm sorry, I don't know how to tag him, and NLG said I'm not able to send a PM (maybe I'm too new?).

Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 09:14:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Need reset/barrel key on Sigma B50 - replace key and/or mechanisms?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 09:13:59 AM »
Welcome to NLG.
I moved this to our classified section where you'll get better response.
You can contact Jim easily by going to his profile and sending him a PM.
He also has a banner on the front page of NLG. You can click that to get to his profile as well.
Here's a direct link:
https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=39
If you can't contact him, please reply here. We have changed NLG and there is a small lag time before you can PM.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trilliant

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 09:16:33 AM »
Thank you, shortrackskater.

To send a PM from a profile, do I need to hit the link for "Add to Buddy List" first before I'm able to send a PM?  Just not immediately clear to me how to send a PM (sorry).

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
Click that profile link, then just scroll down to "send this member a personal message" and click that link.
And, no you don't have to add buddy. That feature is somewhat useless here, in my option. This site is not run like a social network.
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Trilliant

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
Must be related to that lag time you mentioned for new members - I'm not seeing that as an option anywhere.

Offline Trilliant

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 09:38:18 AM »
It's there now.  Maybe I just needed to make X number of posts, or the initial lag time just ended.  It just appeared in the last few min.   Thanks!

Offline Z71OFFROAD

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Z71OFFROAD New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 02:17:53 PM »
I do believe that the key number is #C5550 for the Sigma Games. If someone didn't change them out with different Locks. You can use just a reset lock with the 2341 key but you would have to change out all three.

Offline Trilliant

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 06:11:24 PM »
Thanks, the seller actually found the keys, but now my issue is that turning reset on/off does nothing to impact the machine.  In fact none of the three key switches seem to have any effect on the machine.

I tried to tweak a DIP switch setting to see if that may help, and the system recognized that there was a change, but it still wouldn't let me reset it.  Then switching the DIP switch back to prior state brings me back to original HOPPER EMPTY error.

At a bit of a standstill now and not sure what to try next.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2022, 07:57:37 AM »
may have to complete the 1000 coin payout, then machine will go into attendent hand pay, then use reset ?

you hit the jackpot!, run coins through the hopper until payout is complete.

you can pull out the plunger on the white cherry switch to let the machine think the door is closed, then you can keep feeding coins back into the hopper as they are being dispensed.

last case effort,  swap out the game chip with another, this will cause a reset, after the reset, put the original game chip back in and reset it.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal