New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Tito and free play won’t work after wipe.  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Craustin2003

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Craustin2003 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Tito and free play won’t work after wipe.
« on: March 03, 2022, 02:39:40 PM »
Hello I am very new to machines so I don't know any technical terms so keep that in mind if you take the time to reply.
 I have 2 IGT AVP G23 machines both mld monitor. I had to wipe both machines and reload GK8.3 and the os on them. Before the wipe both machines had working free play with the service button and working Tito after the wipe and reload both machines Tito and free play will not work. I tried 2 different GK 8.3 and OS program's and both had the same results. I have watched the videos on how to set up the machines after wipe and how to set up Tito and that part is OK. I am sure there is a setting somewhere that I don't know about.
If anyone could take the time to help me out that I would appreciate that more then you know.
I do have an ekey and diagnostic key. The machines will take money just not tickets.
Thanks Craig

Offline BettorSlots

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...BettorSlots Might someday be someone...
    • Bettor Slots
Re: Tito and free play won’t work after wipe.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 12:07:22 PM »
If the Tito's worked before you cleared the memory and set up the machines again, and you have not moved the machines or unplugged anything mechanically, then logically the problem is a setting is not quite right somehow.  It's hard to help with this long-distance since we don't know how exactly you set up the menu after the clear, but you could start maybe by posting pictures of the Tito-related menu settings.  Also, post a pic of your Tito, what are the lights doing specifically on the boards?

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »
The tito and free play worked before the wipe.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 05:53:19 PM »
Photo 1

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 06:20:36 PM »
Which port is your tito device plugged on the backplane.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2022, 06:27:03 PM »
It’s in com 1. On one machine if I set it on standard instead of system free play works and it will print a voucher but it won’t take a voucher.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 09:28:13 PM »
Standard validation does not ask a host for a validation ID, those tickets would never be accepted since the host can't make heads or tails out of it.  The G23's have been known to have issues with some com ports.  Have you tried power cycling the TITO board only to see if it comes back on-line?  There have been numerous instances where the TITO doesn't work at first, but after a TITO board power cycle it comes on.  Also are the Leds on the TITO board blinking (both rx/tx lines)?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 09:50:57 PM »
I have not tried to cycle the tito board. I have no idea how to do that so I would need some guidance. I will do some research to see if I can find something.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Tito and free play won%u2019t work after wipe.
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 07:02:47 AM »
"Power cycling" means...>>> Turning the power off, waiting a few seconds, then turning the power back on. :Professor:
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 07:36:55 AM »
Are you referring to the power switch for the machine ?

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 07:41:34 AM »
See and re-read Reply #6 carefully, and listen to what he's telling you.  :fryingpan:

Data wires are going into the COM1 port right?
Where are the power wires going to?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 08:15:08 AM by Stayouttadabunker »

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 08:10:16 AM »
Lol if you reread my first post it says I am new to machines and I am not sure what the tito board is. However if the picture I am including is my Tito board it plugs into the front of what I call the suitcase and it’s the black wire in the picture. I have unplugged it and moved it over one slot to make when I plug it in to ether slot the light comes on.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 08:20:12 AM »
That little white board in your hand that says TITO@3.1 is your TITO board Craig.

The black and red wires is the power wires.

Unplug those power wires from the machine wherever it's plugged into, then plug it back in and you've basically "Power Recycled" your TITO board, as Rick asked you to.

You need to pray he comes back to help you because I know nothing about your slot machine.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2022, 08:26:09 AM »
Thank you for your help.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2022, 08:54:04 AM »
You can try another comm port. I have had better results using comm 2.
Be sure to power off the machine before disconnecting and reconnecting anything.
Also be sure your G2S host is disabled. See pics.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2022, 09:14:13 AM »
I will double check my setting but on my comm ports are all different plug styles.
I really am very new to the machines however I have 2 G23 gameking machines side by side and both machines had to by wiped for different reasons and both machines have Tito and free play and both worked fine before the wipe so my thinking is it is more likely a setting in the machine that was changed by the reload.
I have tried 2 different GK 8.3r and OS programs thinking it could be in the reload program but both gave me the same results.
I am just trying to give you the most information I can to help you help me.
Also if I change the setting from system to standard in the protocol set up one machine will print vouchers and free play works but in the set up for standard accept vouchers is set to no and it’s not changeable.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2022, 09:24:36 AM »
My settings were different and I changed them to match what you sent and it didn’t change anything that was my settings before I changed them.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2022, 09:35:01 AM »
When I select standard everything works except ticket in and I can’t change that in the set up. But that only works on one machine and not the other.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2022, 09:47:06 AM »
You need to look again. Your G2S settings are NOT the same.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Craustin2003

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2022, 09:59:09 AM »
This is my current setting when I change from what I had the free play won’t work with this setting

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal