New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game King with touch screen and reset key not working  (Read 777 times)

Offline am4bama

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • am4bama New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Game King with touch screen and reset key not working
« on: August 20, 2022, 10:53:24 AM »
My touchscreen and reset key do not work.  Is there one board that controls both these?  Or is 2 different ones.

I used the 40 chip and used jumper wire on reset key and got into reset game ,selected yes to 3 selections.  After reinstalling DEV39 chip and rewiring reset key, went to menu and touch screen does not work. Restarted game and came on screen to turn reset key and would not go further.  Retried same procedure and now can not get jumper wire to reset or to do anything. Game was working with Pharoah game and changed to new Super Stars Poker game. This machine was using 3902 games and converted to use 044 games 8 or 9 years ago.  New LCD monitor installed 5 years ago

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Game King with touch screen and reset key not working
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:28:22 AM »
Touchscreen communicates with the MPU through the touchscreen controller board mounted on the lcd frame.  It uses IGT's Netplex bus.  The reset switch is connected directly to the MPU board through the motherboard.

Your post is a little confusing because key 40 is used with 3902 software.  You have a DEV39 bootchip which has the right keychip function built in.   Use a multimeter and check the the keyswitch.  It should read 0 ohms when the switch is turned and open when it is in the normal position. 

Offline am4bama

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:31:49 PM »
I have reading of 000 on ohm.  I did something and it started working.  But, when I installed game I have errors, Door open B, Restart, and closure M.  I know what M is.  Bill validator does not light up.  I went into test menu and inserted bill and it took it.   But showed no credits (used $100 bill).

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 02:33:35 PM »
Door open B means the machine sees the bill validator door as being open.  Often the switch is bypassed by removing the wires from the switch and twisting them together.  If yours hasn't been bypassed you can do that or make sure the bv door is closed completely.   The other two messages are informational and will disappear after you play a game.  The Door Open B is a hard error and the machine will not play until it sees that door is closed.

Offline am4bama

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 03:20:49 PM »
Thanks for helping.  I assume mine is still wired up.  What color are the wires I am looking for?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 04:32:26 PM »
The BV door wires on 17" GK cabinet are one green and one blue with a brown tracer.

Offline am4bama

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 05:41:57 PM »
Thanks guys.  You really help us alot.  I got machine back working.  I read an old post about about wiring switch in money box.  Mine was stuffed behind and I never saw it before.  twisted wires and taped up.  Works again.  But have another problem.  My wife was playing the slots on super star poker and every time she hit bonus, call attendant would come up.  Had to reprogram twice.  I problem have limits set wrong.  Once again, thanks, and if you have a suggestion about problem now, please let me know.   

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 06:10:30 PM »
Yep raise the credit limit.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal