New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 accepting coins on and off  (Read 992 times)

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
S2000 accepting coins on and off
« on: November 21, 2023, 11:14:24 PM »
I had a real nice S2000 machine in my playroom I decided to sell. A real nice couple bought it. When it was here Saturday morning everything was working great. They played it for an hour and a half before they decided they wanted it for sure. Well they got it home and played the heck out of it and it played great. Then she said someone accidentally cashed out or something. She was not sure because she was not in the room. All of a sudden it would not take quarters anymore. The hopper had plenty of quarters in it and paid out completely. So she texted me Saturday night and I talked to her on the phone and had her try a few things like changing quarters ect. So then I had her put a bill in it and it accepted it and gave her credits. So she said they could just play it like that the rest of the night since it was late. So then Sunday morning before I could get ahold of her she texted me and said they left the machine unplugged all night and got up Sunday morning and plugged it in and turned it on. She said it booted up and excepted coins and bills. They played it a bunch Sunday and it worked perfect all day. I think they played it some Monday also. Then today she texted me and said it would not except quarters again. I am going to try to see if we can get it going tomorrow evening after she gets off work by video chat. If not I might go over there Friday to see if I can figure it out. It is about an hour away from me. They are having people over Saturday for Thanksgiving and would really like it working properly.  I would love to hear all the suggestions that I can for what it might be. What to test and check. What I should take with me if I go over there. It is just weird that it works and then it dont then it works then it dont. I feel like it has to be something simple for it to work sometimes but not other times. I just feel bad they are having that issue with it and would like to work it out for them. Here are a couple of pics. One is of what the credits played and credit windows look like when it will not take quarters. I take it there were no credits on the machine when it quit taking quarters. The other pic is of their coin comparitor. Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 09:35:03 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: S2000 excepting coins on and off
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 11:48:58 PM »
When you say not accepting, are the coins being returned to the coin tray or falling into the hopper without giving a credit?  If they're falling back into the coin tray have them adjust the sensitivity pot on the comparitor fully counterclockwise and see if that makes any difference.

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 12:04:22 AM »
They are falling back into the coin tray. The comparitor sensitivity is adjusted all the way down. Well at least it was when it left here. To the left counterclockwise. I dont think it's that because when it's working it accepts every coin. When it's not working it will not accept any coins no matter how many you put in there. They all fall back to the coin tray. But that is something to double check. Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 12:36:13 AM »
Ok.  Well the next thing would be the large cap inside the comparitor failing.  If you make a trip that way take a good comparitor, swap it out, and then they should be good to go.  Then replace the cap and see if that fixes the problem.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 01:19:44 AM »
Tilt, so the large cap in the comparitor can cause the working and not working condition? Is this cap going bad making the rake coil on the comparitor not work to let the coin pass thru to the coin optics or something?  Can this be bypassed in some way for home use where the coins will pass thru to the coin optics all of the time? I guess the problem with that is if any other coins were put into it they would go into the hopper and could create problems. I hope it is something that simple. It looks like everything is plugged in good and I dont think a bad connection would come and go like this. I dont have any experience  with these comparitors besides putting them in and taking them out. Where is this cap located on the comparitor? Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 08:06:41 AM »
Also with the cap going bad the green LED would still light up? Thanks

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 08:11:04 AM »
1). the large cap in the comparitor can cause the working and not working condition?
Answer: Yes. An aging 20+year old overworked capacitor has a high probability of drying up & producing abnormal operation.

2). Is this cap going bad making the rake coil on the comparitor not work to let the coin pass thru to the coin optics or something?
Answer: Yes...see Answer #1 above.

3). Can this (magnetic rake unit) be bypassed in some way for home use where the coins will pass thru to the coin optics all of the time?
Answer: Take off the rake. Remove two screws holding it, and unplug the a 2-pin harness from the circuit board.

4). I dont think a bad connection would come and go like this.
Answer: Wrong. You cannot see inside of a wire cover without a multimeter.

5). Where is this cap located on the comparitor?
Answer: On the circuit board inside the CC housing.

6). Also with the cap going bad the green LED would still light up?
Answer: If power is applied, yes.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 08:17:26 AM »
 :agreepost:

I don't recommend removing the rake though as anything that will fit in the coin head will fall into the hopper.  If you have a 25c hopper and someone stuffs nickels, dimes, and pennies in the machine it will cause coin jams if someone cashes out. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 08:55:57 AM by Tilt »

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 08:43:06 AM »
Thanks guys for the replies. Just really learning this slot stuff. I might ask more questions than I should.  I read something on here that the rake being removed and the connector being unhooked would work on IGT S plus but will not work on S2000. Something about the board is looking for a pulse on the S2000  board and if the connector is unplugged it can not get that pulse. I dont know. So I would say from your answers most likely a known working Comparitor will fix this issue. I might take a good coin optic board with me just incase. But when it will accept coins there has not been any issue of the optics not reading the coin. No errors at all. Better to have stuff with me and not need it than to need it and not have it. I will have to steal this stuff out of one of my working machines. One more question is the model numbers CC-16E and model CC-16D comparitors interchangeable?  Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
Re: S2000 accepting coins on and off
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 10:00:24 AM »
Well I am going to take the trip today here in a little while. Hopefully the comparitor fixes it. I will update my results later today.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 10:15:01 AM »
One more question is the model numbers CC-16E and model CC-16D comparitors interchangeable?  Thanks

Yes, as long as they're both 13VDC comparitors.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 03:40:13 PM »
Well I have good news and bad news. I changed the coin comparitor out with one I took over with me, well at first it did not work at all. Then I opened the door back up and the green LED light was not on. So I unplugged the comparitor connector and made sure I had it plugged in right. Then the LED came on. Well after that the coins would go to the hopper but it would not give a credit. It would give a coin in error. I opened and closed the door and then it would clear it. Then I tried another coin and it did the same thing. So I am thinking the dang coin optic board is bad. Well I ended up not taking one so I was thinking I will have to come back again. I was in the vehicle getting ready to leave and remembered I smelt a slight electronic burn smell. Then I thought wonder if I burnt something up on that comparitor I brought by plugging it in wrong. Then I thought I need to try the other one I brought just incase. So I went back and knocked on the door and told him I want to try one more thing before I leave. So I pulled the first comparitor I put in out. Then I put the second one I brought in. There was no light there where the machine was so I used my phone to make sure I got the connector on right. I turned the machine on and it booted up. Then dropped a coin and ding it was working. So I turned it back off and made sure the sensitivity was set all the way counterclockwise and just to make sure it worked after reboot. It worked great and I played it for about 30 minutes. So I have a question. Do you know what I could have messed up on the comparitor plugging it in maybe a pin off? Both of the comparitors I took worked good in the machines they were in because I tested them this morning. Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 04:16:47 PM »
Yes, it's possible that plugging it in incorrectly may have damaged something.  That being said the connector is keyed so I'm not sure how you would plug it a pin off unless the connector key was broken off on the comparitor.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 04:24:35 PM »
I will check that out sometime this weekend. It would be nice if it just burnt up the capacitor.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »
If something got hot enough to  :burningresistor: the damaged component should be visible when you open the comparitor up.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2023, 07:08:04 PM »
It definitely has a slight smell of something burnt. The only thing I see on the board is some kind of liquid or something by the one transistor. I dont see anything that really looks burnt. It is clean and looks new on the bottom side. As far as the connector or comparitor being keyed I dont see how either one could be. There are 6 pins and no open spot so the connector could not have a key in any of the 6 spots or it would not go on. The back of the connector on the comparitor is smooth all the way across. So from what I see on this one I could put the connector on one pin off. I will check it on a machine while it is turned off to see if I can put it on wrong. Thanks

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2023, 07:32:18 PM »
It's difficult to tell from the pictures (which are good) what that brown stuff is.  It does look like a liquid of some type that dried on the board at one time.  This was one of your comparitors that worked and you took with you?

The other part of the key is on the machine comparitor connector. It prevents you from putting the connector one pin off or backwards. 

And C1 was the cap I was referring to in an earlier post.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2023, 08:04:29 PM »
The pictures are of the comparitor I took over there and put in first. It did not work so I opened the door and seen the LED was not on. I noticed a slight electronic burn smell. So I took the connector loose and seemed to move it up a pin. When I did the comparitor clicked and the green LED came on. But when I closed the door the coin would go to the hopper but did not register a credit and I got a coin in error. I cleared the error and tried again and same thing. So I took that comparitor out and put the other one I took with me in making sure the connector was right. Then everything worked great. Both of the ones I took with me worked good this morning in their machine. So I am thinking the comparitor is suppose to send a pulse to the board or something and that part is what I messed up. So it would give a coin in error. Since the coin optic board worked perfect with the second comparitor.  Is there a schematic or some documentation on these comparitors out there somewhere? I still dont see how the key would work on the comparitor and cabinet plug. Maybe I am not seeing something. I will have to look at a machine in person I guess. Thanks

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2023, 08:08:40 PM »
I see it now as far as the key goes. I really dont think that one was that way. I will see if I can find a good pic of it from that machine. I am sure I had to have it on there wrong to make it not work. I guess I can test it in another machine here first and see if it causes the same problem and coin in error.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2023, 08:15:07 PM »
I think I read that capacitor  at C-1 is 220/35 volt

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal