New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: help with E-1088-1  (Read 3362 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 136
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
help with E-1088-1
« on: December 15, 2014, 02:08:55 PM »
I'm trying to repair this machine for another member here on NLG. 
When I power it on the coin in diverter engages as it should, this is the first relay in top box, see pic
when activating the coin in switch the center relay in top in top box pulls in
if I manually close relay 3 (far right in top box) the mech (not sure what it's called) to far right in top box advances.
the coin lights light for each coin each time I activate relay 3 but handle will not release.
There is a set of 2 yellow wires (center of pic 2) that are soldered together but not attached to any solenoid etc.
There is a relay (see pic 3) on the rear side that only has a wire soldered to one terminal, I was thinking maybe the yellow wires went there?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!
thanks
Bob

Offline dhellis

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
Re: help with E-1088-1
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »
I am pretty sure that this is an E/M machine, not an E they did make an E/M 1088 and an E1088.
Barry use to have wiring diagrams for a lot of these machines. Those yellow wires are probably the
50 volt line and looking at photo #3 that appears to be just a solder point, it also looks as though
something was there before. Is there another wire attached that we can not see?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:19:43 PM »
Hopefully Barry will see post and help me out. 
I'll take a voltage reading on the 2 yellow wires and post tomorrow,
Does anyone know the sequence of how relays pull in after coins are played?
Also when and how does the relay for the handle activate.
thanks
Bob

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 05:13:51 AM »
it is not a E series obviously - with 4 multiplier units - looks like a 5 coin machine.  I do not have any wire diagrams - sold all of them to Jeff Hildebrand last year. 

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
It is a 5 coin machine.
I've tested all coils and they are all good.
deposit coin light now functions
coin accepted light works when activating coin in switch with door open
There is a roll of lights for each coin inserted, roll 1 is light, if i manually pull coil 3 (one to far right in pic) the mech to it's right advances and roll 2 lights, activate again roll 3 lights, etc
the handle solenoid never engages (releases handle), if I manually release it the reels spin and stop but have never had any payout
thanks for any help
Bob

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
If the coin accepted light comes on - and the handle does not release - check the hopper payout relay (the green/white and yellow) switch - and the dashpot switch on the handle piston - also the white/blue wire on the handle release relay

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 02:51:24 PM »
Well I making progress (thanks to GOS and Jim).
I have it accepting coins (all 5) and the handle releases reels.  I believe the issue was dirty contacts.

Couple issues:
1.  Sometimes the handle solenoid does not engage until I pull on the handle.
2.  I was never able to get it pay off.  Is there a way to manually put reels in a position to execute a payoff?

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »
I found that a set of contacts on the handle were not engages when handled returned to top, I adjusted and it now payout on winning combinations.  Problem is hopper just continues to run.  If I activate the coin out roller by hand it shuts hopper off and goes to tilt.  If I let quarters cycle through it runs for ever.
the wheels in the top box do not rotate (page 21 of em trouble shooting manual)
I've looked through the manual and Reno's troubleshooting notes but haven't been able to figure it out.  Maybe I'm just missing something. 
I've attached a couple pics of some switches that hopefully will help.
thanks in advance
Bob
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:49:29 PM by rjpohl »

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 09:07:17 AM »
if I pull the coin out switch up (higher than the quarter raises it) the machine tilts. 
if I operate the top set of contacts by hand during the payout nothing happens (hopper continues running)
if I operate the lower set of contacts by hand during the payout the machine tilts.
any thoughts/suggestions

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal