New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Help Identifying Slot Machine  (Read 6033 times)

Offline gposing

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • gposing New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Help Identifying Slot Machine
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:07:00 PM »
I have a new machine, but don't know what model it is. All tags have been removed.  I would like to find the manuals for the machine. 

Thanks.
Gary

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
Re: Help Identifying Slot Machine
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »
Looks like a Bally EM that's been modified by Summit. Not sure on model number though. Have you compared the Bally EM manual to what's inside this machine, like reel assembly, power supply, etc, it might be similar enough to be helpful. I think NLG member ramegoom has a Summit slot machine and has experience working on them, he might recognize it.

below is a photo that came up on a search, it is a Summit with similar features such as handle hub, decorative pattern on metal plate with pushbutton, coin tray, Win Meter/Winner Paid display location and size, etc. I've also attached your photos that I lightened so I could see detail better:

PS> your cpu board still has the old battery on it, might want to make sure it isn't leaking & damaging the board. I put a note on your photo below showing location of battery
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:49:13 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline gposing

• Reputation Power: 18
  • gposing New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:21:17 PM »
thanks for the info. I found a few manuals online last night but there were not very good images in them for me to compare.

Gary

Offline dhellis

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dhellis New User has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
This is definitely a Bally machine with modification from Summit. If you do a google search for
Summit slot machine manual you will find a couple of places that sell the manual.

Most of the mechanical portion is compatible with a majority of the Bally machines, the real
bear is getting parts such as reel readers, CPU and IO boards. There is only one place that
I know of that has parts for these and that is HMS Electronics

http://www.hms-electronics.com/slot_machines/summit%20systems%20slot%20machine%20parts.htm

Good luck with this, most people want to run and hide when they see one but once working
they are good machines with lower than average resale value.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »
Are there any stickers or tags anywhere inside, like the back wall behind reels or behind hopper that might have the model number written on them? Might even check the bottom of machine, I saw a photo once of id plate on a slot that had mfr plate under there, hard to believe.

If you pull the circuit boards out the bottom one labeled "Slot Control" is the mpu (cpu) board, the upper board is the "Interface" or what is called the I/O board and they might have some writing on the eproms or other chips that help id the machine model number. Just look them over closely and take pictures of anything you find that might help you when doing a search. If the boards have Summit part numbers that might show up on a Google search and lead to more info on the machine model number.

You might try sending a pm to NLG member ramegoom, he checks in to NLG site regularly and does have experience on Summit machines. Like dhellis said they aren't the most popular girl at the dance, but some people do keep them around, just have to be willing to tinker & work a little harder to get them running.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:41:20 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 09:54:01 PM »
No questions, with the red and yellow boards, it's a SUMMIT, no QUESTIONS!!! Red and yellow boards are a dead giveaway...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:09:34 AM »
The story I heard was that Summit Systems would buy used (maybe new??) Bally slot machines and rework them to use their electronic circuit boards. So on the outside they still resemble a Bally EM machine but inside you can see what Summit changed. Any glass or other signage that said "Bally" was replaced if possible. Your machine reminds me of a Bally 873, they had a variation that was 3 reels but had a 5 line criss-cross theme. Below are some photos of Bally 873, pictures are small but that's all I could find. For the circuit boards you will have to use the Summit manual but other mechanical stuff like the cabinet and possibly lighting, handle mechanism, etc you might be able to use the Bally EM manual.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:21:03 AM »
I have one of those machines. It was my first EM project, bought it because it looked nice and was (supposedly) full of IKE dollars. Didn't work, no key, big and heavy, but it was cheap.

Turned out it was filled with IKEs.

I disassembled it, learned an awful lot about how the Summit works, and now, it's one of my favorites. One big problem with that machine is the fact that they used the BEAU connectors behind the reel assembly - and the poor electrical connections were the biggest PITA. Once I sorted that out, and found a few bad components between the IO and CPU boards, it worked great. I even modified the machine to play a reel spin sound, since the sound board that plays "Happy Days" had a reel sound input but was never implemented. So now, it has Coin In, Reel Spin, and Win sounds.

Any questions, just ask.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal