New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: E2000 reel and window alignment  (Read 3482 times)

Offline maxf

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • maxf New User has no influence.
  • NLG
E2000 reel and window alignment
« on: June 18, 2015, 11:01:12 AM »
I am restoring an E2000 and one of the issues is that the reels do not align with the windows in the door.  I do not see any obvious way to align either the reel mech. or the door.  Further, it appears that the reels are not evenly spaced on the axle.

Is there an adjustment for this.  The only way I can see to fix this is either to replace the axle or space the reels further from their respective bearings using small washers. 

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: E2000 reel and window alignment
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 11:46:13 AM »
Post a picture of the reel assemble from above looking down.
The reels my not be assembled properly or the wrong parts are installed.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 12:07:35 PM »
also  might be wrong reels  or glass

Offline maxf

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
Attached are a few pics of the reels.  Let me know if you want a better detailed pic of a particular area.

Is there a way to determine if the reels match the glass?

Thanks!

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 04:18:08 PM »
I have seen machines where you had room to slide the reel glass a little left or right. The other thing I would check were the bearings in the reel hub. Make sure that ones not sticking out of the hub forcing it too far left or right.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline GOS

• Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 04:47:05 PM »
is the reel bundle in correctly?  looks to be off to the left a bit - does the mech cycle okay?  the glass can be moved to the right.  Prior comment about the bearings being loose makes sense as well.

Offline maxf

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
As far as I can tell, the reel mech is installed correctly (slots indexed with outer sheet metal, not the cam locks).  The hubs look okay and seem to correspond with the parts diagram in the manual.  The third reel is not centered on the catch bin (~1/8" left), but from the wear pattern, it has been that way always or at least a long time.

The mech. spins okay with the power off.  I am waiting on some new capacitors before I dare power the machine up.  Both the main filter cap on the power supply and main on the sound board measure 0uF out of circuit.   Apparently the machine was working correctly before the power supply went up in smoke.

I am not sure how to tell if the glass and reels match.  Are there numbers to check on them somewhere?

I think there is evidence that the glass has shifted position.  There is a serial/id number on the the door in front of the #3 reel that aligns with the reel, but not the window.  Further, the spacing on the glass on the boarder is closer on the right than the left. So...

It looks like I should try shifting the glass.  How much of the door do I need to disassemble to do that?

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2015, 10:44:42 AM »
There should be 4-5 screws holding the front chrome on. Open the door and just under the top lip are two screws, one in each corner. They should be a Phillips head screw about 1" long. Then you have two, maybe three holding the bottom secure.. They are just left and right of the coin mech. Be careful when you remove the chrome bezel that the glass doesn't fall out. Most are stuck to the door by years of dirt. Other come out easy if they were remove not long ago. See pics for screw locations.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline buybestslots

• buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 11:34:48 AM »
to me the 1st and 2nd reels look ok its the 3rd reel that's off   not the glass

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 01:00:01 PM »
That why I suggested that the reels get disassembled and check the third reels hub & bearings. Check for worn and broken parts in the reel assembly forcing the 3rd reel over to the left.
And remember...

Offline buybestslots

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »
didn't some shafts have e washers on both sides of  reel  I know we had some that  spots for 2 e washers on both sides of  reel  so it would hold 2 sizes of reels  , its been since 90,s when I last had a bally em or e but I'm thinking it was a conversion of some type

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 04:54:16 PM »
Yes E Clips are used to hold the reel in place
And remember...

Offline maxf

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 06:07:11 PM »
Lots of progress, but not on the window alignment.  The new power supply board was installed, but operaton was eratic.  Clanging relays and memory and interrupt errors.  Even the errors were not right, sometimes flashing and scrolling and showing non-letters. 

So, I took out the cpu board (E1000 series) and removed, cleaned and reinserted every socketed ic.  The replacement battery showed a cold solder joint, so that was taken care of.  The ics were pretty thorougly corroded into the sockets.  I managed to remove them and only broke 1 pin (on, of course, one of the irreplaceable EPROMs).  A jellybean 555 donated a leg and the EPROM was mostly whole again.

That mostly fixed things except the machine would tilt every few minutes.  I finally realized that it should be paying off more often and checked hopper.  Cleaned more contacts and installed a new fuse.  Finally, oiled and adjusted the coin mech (it kept jamming).   So, other than the lights, window alignment, and sound board -- still waiting on capacitors -- the machine is mostly working. 

I'll take a look at the reel mechanism and/or windows tomorrow. 

Thanks.

Offline maxf

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »
I took the reel assembly apart and it all appears to be in order.  All of the wear on the machine and assembly indicates that this is an old problem, and that it has been misaligned for a long time.

The then tried shifting the window.  It helped, but because the spacing of the reels was uneven, it still was not very good.

I added  washers between the bearing and reel #3.  This made the spacing between the wheels more even.  Between that and the window shift, it is much better, but still no perfect.   

Thanks for all the info and help.  NLG is a great resource.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal