New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Wanted Bally 5500 MPU board  (Read 6691 times)

Offline Jackpot

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Jackpot New User barely matters.Jackpot New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • The Sugar Shack Antique coin operated machines
Wanted Bally 5500 MPU board
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:30:10 AM »
HI.......
I am looking to find a working Bally 5500 MPU board for a slant top video poker game, photo's of the board I need is attached here.
Thank You
Jackpot

P.S. I don't need the tray.
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Slotski

• Reputation Power: 12
  • Slotski New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Wanted Bally 5500 MPU board
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »
Jackpot, I may be able to help you. I would need to test a few to find a good one.

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:04:17 PM »
Jackpot, I may be able to help you. I would need to test a few to find a good one.
Super, I hope you find one. I have the original board shown in the photo, abut after several attempts, I can't get the ram to cear, well it clears ok, but then gives a Ram clear fail code, or something like that.
Thanks
Jackpot :applause:
Buy-Sale-Repair-Restore old slot machines. I have parts for older mechanical slots, and also Bally E series, and others of this period and newer. http://www.coinslots.com

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:01:47 PM »
It's been a long time since I have cleared any boards. Seems like it eventually always worked. I remember something about shorting across a capacitor in the upper right area of the board. I will look for one as soon as I can. Today it's car in the driveway repair time. Struts!

Offline rslots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Recreational Slots
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
Jackpot, You may not need a new board.  Was it running ok and then you changed the battery?  When you say it cleared Ok how do you know it cleared ok? Should not get a RAM clear failure if it actually clears OK.  You problem might be it is actually not getting cleared.   What is the date on your main chips? 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
Jackpot, You may not need a new board.  Was it running ok and then you changed the battery?  When you say it cleared Ok how do you know it cleared ok? Should not get a RAM clear failure if it actually clears OK.  You problem might be it is actually not getting cleared.   What is the date on your main chips?

This machine came to me in unknown condition, I found the MPU battery was dead and changed that, it had a scrambled screen so I used a 5500 ram clear and this cleared the ram. Machine worked but then the deal draw button would not work, traced the problem to the board, sent the board in to have it fixed, a broken trace was found. When I got the board back the screen was scrambled again so I ran a ram clear again, process indicated ram was cleared ok. After putting game program back in, and now the game reads: SAFERAM ERROR and I can't clear that? The dates I found on three eproms are: 05-24-93 and 07-22-94- and 0-11-94. I looked back though my notes and the SAFERAM ERROR is the error code I have now after trying to clear the ram, any ideas?
Thank You
Jackpot

Offline rslots

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • rslots New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • Recreational Slots
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
Oh, you have a Bally 5500 Video system.  I should have looked closer at your board photos.  It has been a while since I have serviced one of those.  Assume you are using a Clear P10 chip and you get the Safe Ram Cleared OK on the screen afterwards?  Is the error you are getting after reinstalling the U10 chip "SAFERAM Error" or "SAFERAM/ROM Error"?  If that later, then you may have corrupted U10 and/or U11 chips. 

Offline Jackpot

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 09:14:39 PM »
Oh, you have a Bally 5500 Video system.  I should have looked closer at your board photos.  It has been a while since I have serviced one of those.  Assume you are using a Clear P10 chip and you get the Safe Ram Cleared OK on the screen afterwards?  Is the error you are getting after reinstalling the U10 chip "SAFERAM Error" or "SAFERAM/ROM Error"?  If that later, then you may have corrupted U10 and/or U11 chips.

Oh Boy.... This is interesting, yes I did get the ram cleared ok after clearing the RAM. Any yes, the error shows up after putting game chip U-10 i think, back in the board. This machine is a about a mile from me right now and I had surgery a couple of days ago so I can't do anything with it right now. I wish I could just to see just for sure what that error code read, it was one of those; SAFERAM ERROR or SAFERAM/ROM ERROR. There was a lot of static in the air that day so maybe I did zap u-10 the eprom with a lod of it, it's possible. I'll keep you posted as soon as I can get to it again. Thank you for all your help and advice!
Jackpot :duh: :banghead:

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
Strut fixed. Found a board in my garage. Will take it where I have the test station tomorrow after work but I don't know how to tell a 5500 from  a 5000 board. If its a 5000 would work in your game?

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 10:10:37 PM »
Jackpot, just comparing the board I found to your very clear picture it looks the same.  The AS number is 3356-55. Yours has a tag over it. I can't quite make out the number. I think I may have a slot game in this one. SMI J001.

Offline Buzz

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 10:22:46 PM »
This is a 5500

Number on the board is 3356 REV A
PUT BRAIN IN GEAR BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN MOTION

Offline Slotski

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »
Thanks Buzz, the board I found is totally different. Looks like the one in Jackpots first post. After midnight here in freezing Mn. Zzzzzzz time shortly!

Offline Buzz

• Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.Buzz Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 10:55:26 PM »
Sorry  I drove my P/U today and turned the air cond. on.

Offline Barsnsevens

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Barsnsevens New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
I believe jackpots picture is correct for a Bally V5500 video poker board. It looks just like my Bally V5500 machines board.  Buzz,s picture is a 5500 board for a 3 reeler like in my blazing 7 machine. I could be wrong not an expert but I have one of each type machine.

Offline Buzz

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 03:24:10 PM »
You are correct the picture I posted is for a reel machine. Sorry I saw the 5500 and missed the word Video in the first post.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal