New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: e2000 reel readers  (Read 6611 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
e2000 reel readers
« on: February 03, 2016, 01:16:31 PM »
I have a 2000 here that was throwing a 41 code...... found a pile of stuff wrong ... including gummed up mechs ect..... cleaned all that and found a bad reader with broken traces...... fixed that and was playing it a while and started titling with a 41 again ... swapped 1 / 2 readers prob stays at 1st..... ok do decode test and 1st and 2nd reels dont decode properly symbols 1 showing up as 3 ect some are correct some not this is the same for both reel 1 and 2..... 3 and 4 read and decode to the correct symbols......to eliminate the prob i wanted to rebuild the decoder board.... I went for the chips but they only had the 145 and 14.... I swapped the 17 from a pinball board here which I know nothing of its history....... What would be responsible for 1- 2 not decoding correctly ???

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:31:01 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: e2000 reel readers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:17:49 PM »
do 1 and 2 work  in 3 and 4?   there is a small circuit board mounted to the reel frame front and center!,  there is also a possibility that the connector connections are loose, especially if it has the push in type "V"  connector on the pin.

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
i took 1 and 2 and swapped with 3 and 4 and prob moved to 3 and 4 ......... kinda strange how this was working fine this morn and 2 readers crapped out like that....some symbols read ok others no so i must be missing signal from a photo or 2 ........im about ready to throw them on the bench and test them here soon ....... do anyone have a source for those photos or a usable replacement ???

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 05:03:06 PM »
tested them as per the procedure here and they test ok...... :Scratch-Head: :banghead:

http://www.coinslots.com/tips/bally-e-series/

heres whats been done

bulbs cleaned
light holes cleaned
all connecting traces reflowed as well as connector pins and verified for continuity
7417 changed again
played with alignment
cleaned all plugs on readers and reel assembly
changed 74145
changed 7414
problem moves with these 2 readers but they test good on the bench, with no light 0.02v with light 4.8-9v
earlier today the machine was playing then all of a sudden gave a tilt error thats when this all started.... at one point i had 3 reading fine now just 2 consistently and have done every test known to these readers and rebuild the decoder board .... Im completely lost .... they read but incorrectly the 1 sees 1s ok and sometimes a 1 symbol as a 4, sometimes a blank as a symbol ect, other does similar

what could possibly be the prob here

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:18:19 PM by mike111 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 07:55:48 PM »
Are these 5V or 50V  reel readers? I would think you have a wiring problem with either the readers plugs or maybe on the control board. I would also check the wiring at the two molex plug in the right rear of the reel assembly, where your cabinet wires plug in. I have found those pulled loose or the connection are not tight
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 04:21:24 AM »
Are these 5V or 50V  reel readers? I would think you have a wiring problem with either the readers plugs or maybe on the control board. I would also check the wiring at the two molex plug in the right rear of the reel assembly, where your cabinet wires plug in. I have found those pulled loose or the connection are not tight

50v ... all the wirings been gone over i had this apart and back together countless times..this started out of the blue and like mentioned the prob follows the readers but the readers test good

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 05:33:12 AM »
PM Sent..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 06:47:21 AM »
Is it possible the reels slow down? I had a problem with one of my E2000 machines where the strip edge popped out slightly, and hit the front glass trim as it spun, causing the code.

And, you might check whether the strip moved. Maybe the symbols don't register properly because the strip is shifted.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »
it was working yesterday then all of a sudden gave errors, strips are fine ,,,,,,, these dont decode right in test 5. but bench test fine. the problem moves with the readers so its not the decoder

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 08:13:43 AM »
don't over think this problem!  check each reader in one position  that you know works,  they will either work or they won't.  if the readers don't work in a position that others will work ,THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THAT READER, doesn't matter if you think it works on the bench, if it doesn't work in the machine then something is wrong with the reader.   possible wrong components, cold solder joints, black tape missing, lamps not aligned with their respective  holes, something has to be different causing them not to work in the machine, especially if others of the same type will work in the same location. 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 09:16:33 AM »
its deffinatly in 2 of them i pinpointed
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:54:35 AM by mike111 »

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
don't over think this problem!  check each reader in one position  that you know works,  they will either work or they won't.  if the readers don't work in a position that others will work ,THEN SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THAT READER, doesn't matter if you think it works on the bench, if it doesn't work in the machine then something is wrong with the reader.   possible wrong components, cold solder joints, black tape missing, lamps not aligned with their respective  holes, something has to be different causing them not to work in the machine, especially if others of the same type will work in the same location.

thats what im playing with now..... i checked all 4 on reel 1 and the same 2 keep messing up.....I've ruled out cold joints, bad lamps, and photos on the bench... only thing i can think of is bulb placement depth... how deep in should they be ?? only other thing i can see is a bulb or 2 is dim for what ever reason not triggering the photo... they responded with an LED flashlight but theyre bright as hell

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:43:10 PM »
Mike,   good news that you have found the two that are bad and still bad.  the reel discs act as a binary number system i.e. 1-2-4-8-16.  usually each symbol is represented by a certain binary number (holes in the disc, i.e. on or off)  you should be able to establish which lamps are being used for each symbol, then its a simple matter to determine which ones are not working.   or better yet, find a symbol that all are being used, then insert a piece of something to block the light and observe the change, this should lead you to the one's that are not working in the machine.  then determine why that one individual is not working. when you know which set is not working you could sub  lamp or detector from a working reader and find out which one is the problem.

Jim

Signature:

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 01:04:34 PM »
Mike,   good news that you have found the two that are bad and still bad.  the reel discs act as a binary number system i.e. 1-2-4-8-16.  usually each symbol is represented by a certain binary number (holes in the disc, i.e. on or off)  you should be able to establish which lamps are being used for each symbol, then its a simple matter to determine which ones are not working.   or better yet, find a symbol that all are being used, then insert a piece of something to block the light and observe the change, this should lead you to the one's that are not working in the machine.  then determine why that one individual is not working. when you know which set is not working you could sub  lamp or detector from a working reader and find out which one is the problem.

Jim

I have all new lamps here for the 2 im gonna change them with the resistor and see where i end up .. if no change work out which photos are bad

do you have a part no for the photos ??

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 01:41:34 PM »
Barry(fox slots) has the photo sensors on his eBay page.
Here is the item # 161271943910
He also has the grain of wheat bulbs for them too.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »
I am wondering about those phototransistors as well. The ones they use for the Bally readers are oddball and definitely old-school. I'm wondering if you couldn't use a current-day photodiode that would be sensitive to IR or possibly incandescent lighting. Those small package parts might work:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Vishay-Semiconductors/VEMT2003X01/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMs0JOhy9PM0Ufa%2fMuXi8YsotJZ2yPynCDM%3d

As long as you get the polarity right, I don't see a reason why they won't work.

Only one way to find out....

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 01:57:50 PM »
Barry(fox slots) has the photo sensors on his eBay page.
Here is the item # 161271943910
He also has the grain of wheat bulbs for them too.

i saw them listed i was hoping to get an nte cross number for them

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:08 PM »
And remember...

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 03:35:47 PM »
The ones I have are from mouser and they work in both 50V & 5V readers.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_ProductDetail.aspx?Lite-On%2fLTR-301%2f&qs=%2fha2pyFaduhUcZGWQmvh%252bP%252bthPUK7lbhYZI%2fuXjW%252bP4%3d

Just ordered a pile of them thank you ....... I found a few bad ones I have 3 out of 4 working when these come I'll just sweep the last one with all 5 and be done ....:)

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 04:07:01 PM »
From read some of your post, I see the mention of checking the reades with an LED flash light. That explains why you were getting your good reading. Before I got my tester I used a non-led flash light and I taped off most of the lense to limit the light out put. This sound like you now have this under control.
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal