New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Pulled out my Bally E Series 1212-E-300 Error 41  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Bikertrash00

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Bikertrash00 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Pulled out my Bally E Series 1212-E-300 Error 41
« on: November 29, 2023, 06:45:48 AM »
Well I sold my Triple Diamond and decided to pull out the Bally E-Series I was working on 3 years ago. Spent some time getting the black shafts freed up (solenoid shaft was completely froze), got everything freed up and lubricated. I had a reel reader that had a bad bulb so figured out which bulb and replaced it. Put everything back in and fired it up, ran test 8 a couple times worked great! Shut the door and put coin in pulled handle, instant tilt and wheels kept spinning and error code 41, double checked reel 1 and it was free not hitting reader or anything else. Found the thread "Eseries Reader Diagnosis for Dummies" by GOS (2016), pulled the M7 chip and of course bent and broke 1 pin (Oh No!) Being I had the chip out I went ahead and did the diagnosis, Aligned the 3 reels on the first position of payline and my win meter showed 1 22 therefore reading correctly, it states if any position is failing I would get a value other than 22.

So I guess my first step to move forward would be to get a new chip or repair the broken pin? Then continue diagnosing the 41 error.

Thanks again for you help!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 11:43:09 AM by Bikertrash00 »
Jack of All, Master of None!

Game Room: Virtual Pinball built in 1978 Gottlieb cabinet, M.A.M.E built in old NARC cabinet (Sold), Cherry Master Bonus III Machine (Sold), 1978 Star Mfg Popcorn Machine, 1996 S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot Machine (Sold), 1981 Bally E-Series.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
Re: Pulled out my Bally E Series 1212-E-300
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 05:25:02 AM »
Update, fixed broken pin on chip, still getting error 41, went ahead and moved reel readers and it stays at error 41 so error does not follow board. Any ideas on what could be causing the error?

Thanks again!

Game Room: Virtual Pinball built in 1978 Gottlieb cabinet, M.A.M.E built in old NARC cabinet (Sold), Cherry Master Bonus III Machine (Sold), 1978 Star Mfg Popcorn Machine, 1996 S-Plus Triple Diamond Slot Machine (Sold), 1981 Bally E-Series.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline pearson28

• Reputation Power: 2
  • pearson28 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 09:49:32 AM »
Well how did you fix a broken pin on an IC chip? Do tell!

Your machine looks similar to mine. I'm trying to fix my e2000 my wife "won" in a neighborhood giveaway.
Can you do Test 3, for switches? If you can, post the results.

Bally 4 reel model: E2000 $.25 3 coin multiplier, 197?
PO modified & removed progressive

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 11:33:50 AM »
Lol I knew somebody would ask, a very small gauge copper solid core wire, solder low heat. I tinned the copper with solder and just enough heat to get it attached, I was worried about heat and the chip but I figured I had nothing to lose. After solder took the Dremel and ground copper a little to make it flat and thinner.

Test number 3 shows all my switches working with the proper code, Input port #1 should be correct because display does show 120 after coin switch.

Not sure about the Input ports 2-6 and the dip switches, did not understand if or how to test those.

Thanks for the reply!

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline pearson28

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 12:53:53 PM »
Lol I knew somebody would ask, a very small gauge copper solid core wire, solder low heat. I tinned the copper with solder and just enough heat to get it attached, I was worried about heat and the chip but I figured I had nothing to lose. After solder took the Dremel and ground copper a little to make it flat and thinner.

Test number 3 shows all my switches working with the proper code, Input port #1 should be correct because display does show 120 after coin switch.

Not sure about the Input ports 2-6 and the dip switches, did not understand if or how to test those.

Thanks for the reply!

Excellent work! Unfortunately, I'm not going to be much help to you, but hopefully draw some attention to your problem. Looks like you've done plenty of searches on Code 41 errors. My limited memory suggests reel issues. I'm off to find that post on 'Eseries Reader Diagnosis for Dummies'. Don't think I've seen that yet.

Best wishes.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
Re: Pulled out my Bally E Series 1212-E-300 Error 41
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 07:10:00 AM »
Somebody also posted about error 41 and if he turns the slot on and lets it run for a couple hours his 41 code goes away, tried that last night and no change. I also read that some chips are more sensitive and changing chip takes care of it. I will keep researching.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2023, 02:48:10 PM »
Anybody have any suggestions? The error does not follow the reel reader, the other test showed the reels were lined up reading 1.22, I am assuming it could be a problem with the main reader board? I am so close to getting it functioning it's frustrating at this point. Could be a chip being to sensitive?

Thanks again!
Scott

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline pearson28

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2023, 06:42:45 PM »
Have you looked at this, found in another thread discussing Error 41?

'If it isn't reading any of the reels when using test 5 then it is likely the reel reader decoder which sits behind the front of the reel frame.
It can also be the IO board, my guess there would be U8 being bad or possibly Q32'

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 07:51:43 PM »
Do you have the 6 digit number on the M7 chip?
I may have a replacement if you do.
The next step would be to replace the M7 socket with a new one.
You may also want to try removing that wire repair for the broken pin and cut a pin off of a bad, or not needed IC, and replace the wire with the cut off pin.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2023, 11:44:38 AM »
Do you have the 6 digit number on the M7 chip?
I may have a replacement if you do.
The next step would be to replace the M7 socket with a new one.
You may also want to try removing that wire repair for the broken pin and cut a pin off of a bad, or not needed IC, and replace the wire with the cut off pin.

It appears to be 501088, I have attached a picture

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2023, 01:24:28 PM »
I have that M7 chip and can ship it to you if you respond to the PM I sent you and give me your ship to address.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »
The chip is on the way. A weak power supply can also cause problems.
Solder a jumper across the 2 outside contacts of that small relay across the board from the RAM board to eliminate power supply issues.

Offline pearson28

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2023, 11:32:24 AM »
Did I see that you sell new power supplies for these machines?

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2023, 01:05:31 PM »
Yes, they are being sold on our Ebay store, no takers on my NLG classifieds.

my byline says it all

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2023, 02:26:13 PM »
Solder a jumper across the 2 outside contacts of that small relay across the board from the RAM board to eliminate power supply issues.

Thanks for the chip and the heads up on power supply, I will double check the voltages and solder the jumper.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2023, 06:42:10 PM »

Just want to verify this is the relay you are talking about.

FYI my power supply is 5.03v 7.60v & 10.77v

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2023, 09:13:13 PM »
yes, the leads in both ends get soldered together with a jumper.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2023, 07:28:47 AM »
Here is a picture of the relay mod and accounting battery, not original but does not hold voltage.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2023, 02:43:46 PM »
I put a sticky at the E-Series section on how to put in a LiIon battery and a diode.

Offline Bikertrash00

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2023, 02:56:33 PM »
I put a sticky at the E-Series section on how to put in a LiIon battery and a diode.

Yep I looked at it before, the battery I saw somebody else suggested was non-rechargeable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082GGDZGK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=ARMK6YILTU4P7&psc=1) so I will keep looking.

Have Fun, Play On!
Scott

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal