New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bluebird 3 Questions ?  (Read 5162 times)

Offline mr2bob

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • mr2bob New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bluebird 3 Questions ?
« on: July 02, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »
Hello,
I see a lot of BB3 software selling but I have never seen a BB3 machine for sale. Are people just converting BB2s to BB3s? What am I missing? Also if they are, a lot of BB3s use 32inch top screens, what are they doing for that upper screen. Maybe someone can do a BB3 primer since that seems to be were we are at as far as the latest used (home) WMS machines are at. If this has been already addressed I am sorry I did a search and didn't find much.
Thanks in advance,
Bob
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 04:15:56 PM by Ron (r273) »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: Bluebird 3 Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
Most bb3 games are just dual screen 22 inch bb3 "blade" games.  The blade cabinets are very expensive at the moment, they are available if you are willing to pay, but they rarely show up for sale since it is a current platform.  Most of us have converted bb2 cabinets to play the bb3 games.  It is not all that difficult and it involves getting a cpunxt3.2 mpu, a power harness, and the emotive controller (for the blade games that require it).  There's even a person here who has done a bb1 to bb3 conversion.

As far as the 32 in tops, they are really only used on the licensed titles.  The games will play on a 22 inch top, it will just have the top screen "sideways", but the game will play.  Some people here have taken the task of mounting a 32" monitor on top.  You will even see see 32" dedicated bezels up for sale (there's currently a Willy Wonka Chocoloate factory one on e-bay right now). 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline mr2bob

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 02:46:45 PM »
Thanks Rick.... I thought it might be something along those lines. One more question: Are most BB2 games compatible on the BB3 platform? So if I convert my BB2 to BB3, can I still play BB2 games?
Thanks again,
Bob

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »
Rick, where is the Wonka topper you speak of?  I looked on ebay and didn't see it. 

In regards to titles playing on BB2/BB3.  BB2 titles only play on BB2 machines (NTX-2).  BB3 Titles only play on BB3 (NTX-3).  As far as replacing a NTX-3 CPU on a BB3 cabinet with a NXT-2, I couldn't tell you.  Rick or someone probably knows.

I happen to know where there are 2 BB3 cabinets for sale right now and they are 11K each.  Insanity if you ask me.

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »
Just a question,  But Who in the Hell want's to twist their head side-ways just to play a game!  Not me,  That's why I use the REAL stuff.  Did not mean to rant-Just saying- :wtf1:

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 07:00:53 PM »
 :agreepost:

Exactly!  It really downgrades the experience.  Sorry everyone but, it costs money to do it right. 

Offline mr2bob

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 07:26:25 PM »
"BB3 Titles only play on BB3 (NTX-3).  As far as replacing a NTX-3 CPU on a BB3 cabinet with a NXT-2"

The other way around...Playing BB2 on BB3, if I was to upgrade my BB2 to a BB3 CPU. Looks like I can live with my BB2 a while longer. Still having a great time playing BB2 games. [size=78%]$11k would buy 2 or 3 complete BB2 machines.[/size]

I was just curious about who was buying all that BB3 software.

Bob

Offline 777sizzler

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 129
  • 777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!777sizzler Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 07:41:23 PM »
Not to be rude,  But the same folk's that can use it and have the proper equipment to make it work the way it should.  There is all kinds of fooler sheet out there, Nothing beats the real thing-Just expensive. 

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 07:46:22 PM »
I don't think anyone or very few are buying BB3 titles.  I don't see the advantage in most cases.  Only a few games I am interested in playing on BB3 and those are Wonka titles which I will play on my BB2 machine with an NXT-3

Just picked  this up today.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 11:03:36 PM by johnnybgood1 »

Offline mr2bob

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 09:01:13 AM »
To summarize :
BB2 Games on the BB2 platform (NTX-2)
BB3 Games on the BB3 platform (NTX-3)

A limited number of BB3 machines are available but are expensive ($11k)
Most people buying and playing BB3 games at this time are playing them on converted BB2 machines to BB3, which is not really difficult to convert.
You can use the 22" top monitor on these converted BB3 machines but it will display sideways. Some people have installed a vertical 32" monitor to replace the top 22".

Some people think using the 22" monitor to play BB3 games suck and some don't.
Thanks to everyone who replied .....
Bob

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 09:28:47 AM »
I believe BB3 is being confused as a Blade Cabinet, the BB3 is just being used as slang for the CPU-NXT3 CPU as well as a Blade Cabinet, yes we all do it, however there are many different Cabinet Configurations from WMS that used the CPU-NXT3 CPU

BB2 Cabinet and BB2e Cabinet - Original one used (before Blades were released) and were lease themes, mostly with Top Boxes and the 32" vertical lcd, only a few themes were on the non emotive cabinets (Conversion to CPU-NXT3) Some newer Top Boxes use a 42" Curved Vertical lcd

XD- Slant - Was also with Meta Screen Top Monitors (Conversion to CPU-NXT3)

Blade Cabinet (Both Video and Stepper)

GamesfieldXD - Lease Themes and uses 2 Vertical 32" Monitors and No standard type Button Panel

Blade S-23 Hybrid Slant Top Dual 23" Monitors

Blade S-32 Slant Dual 32" Monitors and Tablet for button panel

There are many awesome BB-3 Themes, many lease but several are not. And believe me, many people already have the CPU-NXT3 Platform in home use

And a BB2 converted to CPU-NXT3 can easily be had for under half what the quoted price was for a Blade

Offline mr2bob

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:30 AM »
Thanks Blueridgeslots,
That is what I was looking for..... I thought there might be several BB3 based platforms using the NTX-3 CPU, great list. Now I see why so much BB3 based software is being sold without seeing very few machines for sell. I was just curious.
Take care,
Bob

Offline iramack

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.iramack Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »
Just for more clarity..............

Will a properly converted BB2 cabinet (with nxt3 and emotive board) and the existing monitors run all the BB3 software (blade or otherwise) that is available on the secondary market??

Thanks.

SM

Offline Blueridgeslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.Blueridgeslots New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2016, 04:01:45 PM »
Just for more clarity..............

Will a properly converted BB2 cabinet (with nxt3 and emotive board) and the existing monitors run all the BB3 software (blade or otherwise) that is available on the secondary market??

Thanks.

SM

If you mean core Blade Games, Yes (Usually) with correct type monitors (Like Ceronix or Wells) needs DVI on Top

If you mean some Boogie BS monitors from 2 different games, well crap shoot

If you are talking about regular core themes, Yes.. Games that need Vertical 32 or 42 Monitors but you want to play on a 22,  try it for yourself

I say usually because someone always trys' to put a square in a round hole

Some older Juris. chips do not support all newer OS, so if you are a guy who HAS to have the latest to think game plays different then update everything, there are newer versions of Juris always

If you mean EVERY theme you see for sale.... Not NO but HELL NO... Do your research or buy from someone who guarantees it to work, not the cheapest guy or dude you heard has some stuff

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal