New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: LIGHTS OUT  (Read 2377 times)

Offline kafratman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • kafratman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
LIGHTS OUT
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »
Hello   I have a Williams Hitchcock Theater Themed machine.  All of the panel bet lights are not working or the top side light. I replace the bulb in the side light still not working.  Are these controlled by separate fuses or a circuit breakers and what do I look for. All other features work fine.  Thanks
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:28:50 AM by kafratman »

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: LIGHTS OUT
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 02:21:48 PM »
On the backplane, there are a series of leds on the top right that correspond to various voltages.  Is the led associated with 24v working?
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »
Thanks  Do I have to take off the inside plate to find that out Is that the cover plate on the door covering the led's for the buttons. 

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 04:18:50 PM »
No, it's on the backplane.  On the right hand side.  It is a set of 5 leds stacked that represent the different voltages,  they should all be green when powered up and working.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
Thank you for the reply  I found the backplane  It looks like the bottom one is not lit   What do i do now.  Thank you for your kind help i am enclosing a picture

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
You need to replace the 24 volt power supply which is the one on the back of the cabinet (big rectangular box) right above the MPU and under the amp.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 10:16:50 AM »
Thanks You have been a huge help to me... The older ones such as Piggy Bankin and Stampede were easier to fix.   I know absolutely nothing about Bluebirds. I am sending some pictures  Is this the 24 Volt supply I need to order...    And also is 2 pics of a ballast that controls my side lights.   One end has 2 wires coming out and the other end of the ballast has 8 wires coming out.  Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 10:53:00 AM »
Yeah, that is the 24v power supply. The ballasts run off 24volts, so replacing the power supply might bring back your fluorescent lights.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2019, 06:38:13 AM »
Thanks again for all you're help.    I just replaced the ballast in the top I got all my top light back on.  I'm just waiting now on the new 24V power supply to come in.  I hope this will bring back my panel button lights..  Do the panel button lights operate on a ballast too.

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 07:08:27 AM »
Ah then those ballasts must off of ac mains.  The buttons do not run off ballasts.   Ballasts are used for fluorescent fixtures only.  The panel buttons are directly powered by DC power.  The lights in the buttons are actually 14 volts, but they are powered by the 24v supply and stepped down to 14 volts.  I forget what other things run off 24 volts.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 03:36:01 PM »
Hello   
    The 24 Volt power supply gets here tomorrow can you walk me thru replacing the old one.   Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
It is really easy.  Unplug the two molex connectors (one on each side of the power supply), then there's one screw on top of the power supply that holds it against the back of the cabinet.  Remove the screw, then tilt the power supply forward a bit, then pull up on it.  Reverse the procedure to insert the new power supply.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 12:03:00 PM »
Hey There,  sorry to keep bothering you, my new unit came in replaced old one.  All 5 lights showing and panel lights back on except 5, repeat bet and center bulb of free spin doubler.   How do I replace bulb and what type do I need.  Also can the old 24 volt unit be reconditioned or just toss in trash.   :thank_you:

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 01:44:22 PM »
WMS used different buttons throughout the deployment of the BB1's.  If you open the belly door, you should be able to see the switches on the door panel.  Some of the switches twist off, of them pull out, depends on your model of switch.  The center bulb for the SPN button has two tabs that you push together and you pull the button assembly out. The bulbs are 6 volt bulbs.  Here's a photo of my bb1.  Mine used the twist off type.  Note that the bulb used on the free spin doubler is the bigger T3 1/4 size whereas the other buttons use T 1 3/4 size.

As far as the power supply.  You could take it apart and re-cap it, it usually fixes it, but if you need to have someone do it, it is cheaper to buy a replacement.  Otherwise it is a few bucks worth of caps.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 03:06:16 PM »
These are the lamps  i cant find any tabs on the free spin doubler. and am not sure on mine for the Repeat bet button if you twist or pull also on the numbered button Thanks

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 05:10:42 PM »
Ok, looks like you have the "pull" type.  Remove the cabinet switch/lamp interface block (the white thing inside the red squared as pictured), by pulling down on it.  This will leave just the button assembly.  There's a black plastic round "screw" that holds the button in place.  Twist the screw loose and then pull the switch out.  The firmly grab the assembly with the switch tilt it forward to disengage it.  It should "pop" out and you should be able to see the bulb.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2019, 02:46:45 PM »
Great instructions  :applause:   Took the bulb out Had to get a magnifying glass to see any numbers.  It says MP5vdc  Ive looked at several slot machine sites and the bulbs look bigger than the one I have.  Any suggestions and do I need to buy from a slot dealer or can I find one elsewhere     Thanks so much     Ken

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2019, 07:13:50 PM »
Read 3 posts back.  I mention the bulb sizes, the "T" sizes.

Offline kafratman

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 11:06:08 AM »
Thanks Rick.  I got the repeat button bulb out and also the one for the numbered button.   Having problems with the Green Spinner Button.  I've loosened the black plastic ring but cant get the bulb assembly out ive tried to pull down and also twist.  the white bottom part of the switch wont release Ive tried looking for the tabs but this one doesn't have

Offline rickhunter

• Topic Moderator
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »
Both of my SPN Decks used two tabs to hold the switch into place.  I don't know which way your switch is, did you try the twist method?  Clockwise to remove, counter-clockwise to put back.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal