New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: New BB2 build project, suggestions/advice is humbly requested  (Read 20389 times)

Offline Rane420

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Rane420 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: New BB2 build project, suggestions/advice is humbly requested
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2016, 04:04:01 PM »
Sooo....the MPU kept shutting down after being on for a while so I ended up sending it back to the vendor and was told the Adastra board had an issue and needed to be replaced.  It was repaired and sent back to me and I received it today.  I plugged in the monitor cables, reseated them a couple times, reseated the MPU, but every time I power up it says no signal is going to the monitors.  The cabinet works fine when I put my BB1 MPU in it, so I have a hard time thinking it is on my end.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  As always, please feel free to offer up the obvious as I haven't yet reached the point where the obvious is necessarily spotted.
Corey

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2016, 05:25:53 PM »
So the solution is to buy from a reputable vendor.  Send that pos CPU back to whoever you bought it from and get your money back. 
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 20
  • T New User barely matters.T New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2016, 07:31:27 PM »
This is likely the best advice you will get at this time I think i.e. a reputable vendor  .   :I_agree_1: I just had a similar situation on a BB3 CPU and thanks to some solid advice from this Forum it worked out ok.

So the solution is to buy from a reputable vendor.  Send that pos CPU back to whoever you bought it from and get your money back.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2016, 09:25:02 PM »
:-)  I definitely appreciate the advise.  I chose this vendor because of the praise I've seen given on this site.  The reason I haven't provided a name is this is my first transaction with him and I'm hoping that this isn't reflective of how most of his sales go.  I would definitely have loved for my MPU to be plug and play, but with used parts, static and less than gentle mail handling I can only assume that these kind of things show up from time to time and I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt.  He has put forth the effort to make it right by fixing it at his expense.  When I reached out to him today, he told me they normally don't provide BIOS and Jusisdiction chips and that is the cause of my problem.  I'm not sure why they were there the first time and not this one, but he apologized and is going to overnight them Monday.  All this said, If anyone has any recommendations or favorite vendors I certainly am grateful for any contact information passed my way.  I haven't had home slots for long, but the one thing I have noticed is that a lot of vendors don't want to deal with the small time orders so the longer my list of contacts is, the more enjoyable this hobby will be.
Corey

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2016, 07:48:56 AM »
This entire thread is confusing.  You started out with a CPU that didn't work because you didn't have the CPU cinched down and had loose cables. You finally get it to work, but started to shut down after awhile of use.  So you send it back to this vendor and now it doesn't work at all.  Not only that you say the BIOS and jurisdiction chips are missing and the vendor says they normally don't supply them with the CPU.  So in order to have the machine working to begin with as before it had to have had the chips originally. Now he is sending you the missing chips.  Hopefully the missing chips are all that are needed to get it going and keep it going.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2016, 08:29:28 AM »
I agree it is quite confusing, but you summed it up very well.  The only thing I'd add is that the faulty Adastra board may have been causing some of the symptoms I was seeing and I incorrectly diagnosed the matter with the  uncynched MPU and loose cables, but they may have been entirely their own issues.  I don't know enough about what all a bad Adastra board could cause.  When I first received the new MPU I was at a complete loss about what was causing my problems and reseating the MPU or replugging the cables all seemed to help.  After I would leave the machine run for a while I'd come back and both displays would go back to not having a signal.  Which at first I kept attributing to the cables but it was in fact that the MPU quit sending a signal.  As you summed up, the problem I have now didn't start until I got the repaired board back and it hadn't occurred to me that other pieces would have went missing in the process.  I too sincerely hope that the missing pieces come and this whole process can have a check in the completed column.  I appreciate you sticking with me through the rabbit hole, but with any luck I'll find Alice and some Enchanted Mirrors on the other side.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:51:00 AM by Rane420 »
Corey

Offline T

• Reputation Power: 20
  • T New User barely matters.T New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2016, 08:37:25 AM »
Good luck with it. Hope it all works out for you!! What a PITA but well worth it. Post some picts after you have it all working  :cool_thumb_up:

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2018, 08:38:49 PM »
So more than a little time has gone by, but considering I got the finishing pieces (topbox and glass) for a transmissive Alice, it seemed like an update was order regardless of the post’s ancient status.  Thanks again to all those who have helped, whether it was recently or over the past few years!
Corey

Online brokenticker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.brokenticker Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2018, 08:05:14 AM »
You just need the topper now,hint hint😄

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2018, 03:37:15 PM »
I have a NEW topper and might be able to part with if interested.

Offline Rane420

• NLG
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2018, 03:54:46 PM »
I wish my ceilings were accommodating:-)
Corey

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »
Yea, I understand.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal