New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Winner Paid Light Problem  (Read 8183 times)

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Winner Paid Light Problem
« on: February 23, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »
Greetings all. I have another relatively minor issue with my 873. It seems that after a payout, when the machine is played again, the winner paid light does not go out. I checked and it appears that one coin gets stuck and stops under the roller (pivot arm) When the roller is in the up position, the winner paid switch will not open and the light stays on. This issue is intermittent but still frustrating.
Attached is a photo of the coin under the roller. Any assistance on how to adjust the hopper so that the hopper motor does not stop with a coin under the roller?
Thanks.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
Re: Winner Paid Light Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 05:47:11 PM »
Having trouble publishing the photo

Offline RiseLikeRa

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 62
  • RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!RiseLikeRa Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
Richard if I remember correctly isnt there a kicker of some sort that is supposed to knock the coins off of the wheel before it gets to that point?  My second GUESS would be a hopper brake issue.  I have not had that issue so I am shooting my EM scatter gun at your problem hoping to hit something for you my friend.

Ra

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 07:59:13 PM »
The snow hopper does not have a kicker like the earlier hoppers. It uses a breaking system connected to the motor. I will try cleaning the break system. Seems like all it takes is a micro-second quicker breaking and the coin will end up in the correct location.

Offline Denmark

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Denmark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 05:08:31 AM »
Hi there.. ;)

if the above wont fix it,heres my bid ;)

If the roller is lubricatet (to turn freely) still lets a coin get stuck there ,then u have to adjust the payoutdisc
if u pull out the hopper and slowly press the stepup arm you will probably see that the wiperfingers will move away from the pay to early thereby cutting power to the hopper and not letting the coin leave the hopper before the brake sets inn..

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »
That sounds like a good possibility and something to check into.
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 10:03:55 AM »
Thanks guys. I will give that a try.

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 10:53:50 AM »
Thanks guys. I will give that a try.

Cant seem to find any  link to a sticky from Old Reno with a" adjust the hopper disc topic",and i cant explain the tecnique how too adjust it, cause my limited technical language.
Can anybody help with a link or description how to adjust the disc for Rdaniel
 ?

Hans

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
Was it maybe on the "old" NLG site, now an archive but still available for searching?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/

(it may come up with a password prompt but you don't have to enter anything)

Hopefully making the adjustment will be self-apparent and he can try it. From your description Hans it sounds like the wiper fingers need to be adjusted a little forward or backward to change the timing of the hopper motor shutdown. The desire is to have the hopper motor run just a bit longer, or shutdown just a bit sooner, so that a coin does not get trapped under the roller.

Something I wondered about was the photo he posted earlier of the hopper and coin that was stuck under the roller. The hopper knife has a portion of its upper edge that is bent downward and it looks like this allows the coin to drop downward a little. This then lets the coin's leftside edge hits against a corner on the hopper knife upper edge over to the left. Kind of like the coin falls slightly into a pothole. This could make it harder for the coin to move out from under the roller. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, I don't know how the knife on these machines is supposed to look. But that part of the knife that is bent downward may be wrong.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:30:36 AM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 11:50:20 AM »
I found a drawing of the Bally EM hopper knife area, it does look like the knife is bent in that area so I guess I am on the wrong track with that idea. Unless the knife in this machine is for a different coin instead of the nickel setup.

I am posting a few pages from the manual that describe the adjustments to the hopper, maybe this info is what Hans saw that OldReno had said.

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 11:54:27 AM »
Was it maybe on the "old" NLG site, now an archive but still available for searching?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/

(it may come up with a password prompt but you don't have to enter anything)

Hopefully making the adjustment will be self-apparent and he can try it. From your description Hans it sounds like the wiper fingers need to be adjusted a little forward or backward to change the timing of the hopper motor shutdown. The desire is to have the hopper motor run just a bit longer, or shutdown just a bit sooner, so that a coin does not get trapped under the roller.

Something I wondered about was the photo he posted earlier of the hopper and coin that was stuck under the roller. The hopper knife has a portion of its upper edge that is bent downward and it looks like this allows the coin to drop downward a little. This then lets the coin's leftside edge hits against a corner on the hopper knife upper edge over to the left. Kind of like the coin falls slightly into a pothole. This could make it harder for the coin to move out from under the roller. Maybe I am looking at it wrong, I don't know how the knife on these machines is supposed to look. But that part of the knife that is bent downward may be wrong.

The bent part is right - just compared it to another hopper that works - they are alike
dirt and grease could stop the coin,that could also be an issue..
In older days i just used a hammer on the roller fixture to ease the point of engage of the roller,thereby letting the coin leave ( making overpaying a possible problem)

looking forward to hear from Rdaniel ... ;)

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »
Thanks for verifying that Hans. While you were doing that I found a drawing in a Bally EM manual, it shows that the knife has that bent portion. Do you think the knife could be for a different size coin, like a dollar or quarter, and since the nickels he is using are smaller that is adding to the problem?

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 12:06:19 PM »
Im still pretty sure the knife isent an issue,adjustment is - severel solutions would fix the problem but the hopperdisc allignment is the way to fix it for good..
The manual you attched  dosent include the disc- located at the other side of the hopper..

Lets hope he just finished fixing the machine now ;)

Hans

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 12:24:41 PM »
I assume that the hopperdisc has been cleaned  ?

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 12:39:48 PM »
Yes the disk has been cleaned as are all observable parts.

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 01:21:13 PM »
Yes the disk has been cleaned as are all observable parts.
And you know how to adjust the hopper payout disc ?

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 03:55:11 PM »
I would guess your hopper motor brake is slipping. You may have to file some of the white plastic stops if they appear rounded.
If that does not fix it, then you can adjust your hopper payboard by loosening the two bolts that hold it onto the bracket (way up inside by the wiper fingers, you will see them), and then you can actually rotate the whole board a little bit, to more accurately adjust just when the wiper fingers step off the hot pay tab (whichever one that is)
Question, is that stuck coin the one that is to finish the pay, or would that be an overpay if it went out?
Also, is it mostly a particular payout, like cherry only?
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline rdaniel

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 04:06:28 PM »
Greetings Old Reno.

There is room to adjust the wiper fingers and I have done so. The actual payout is correct. The coin stuck under the roller would be an extra coin not part of the winning amount. It just happens frequently on all payouts.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you talk about white plastic stops. Could give me more information. 

Thanks

Offline Denmark

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 08:51:16 AM »
Im still into adjusting the hopper payoutdisc - the wiperfingers are moving away of the paystrip too soon,not stopping the hopper fast enough.
OR it could like Old Reno says be the hopperbrake -turn the hopper upside down and u can see it on the buttom of the hopper - it retracts when the motor is energized alowing the shaft to rotate - check that..

Hans

Offline Op-Bell

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.Op-Bell Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
Hold on, people, you're forgetting something. Isn't this an 873? The 873 has an electrically stepped payout disk. The problem isn't in the disk and the wipers, it's in the contact stack back of the hopper wheel. The contact that steps the hopper is opening too early. Adjust it so that it stays closed until the coin travels completely under the roller.

One of the other contacts in that stack shorts out the wipers - this is specifically to prevent sparking and burning of the tracks. That contact should stay closed longest, and open only after the wipers have stepped.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal