New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: bally big 5  (Read 7498 times)

Offline mark the spark

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • mark the spark New User has no influence.
  • NLG
bally big 5
« on: July 24, 2014, 11:40:07 AM »
hi guys need your help!!!
have just bought a bally big 5 which is a 1190 export model
its a single line win but you can play 1 to 3 coins
the machine will except 1 2 or 3 coins and will register them
on a win the hopper will just empty itself this will happen on 1 2 or 3 coins played
if I switch the machine off (it has a on off switch just inside the door) and on again it will stop
what I have noticed is that the hopper spiral cam is not moving at all
if I press and manually operate the coil it will count round and on say a 10 coin win it will stop the hopper paying out as it steps off the 10 win
I have looked at all switches and contacts on hopper but I am not familiar with the odds multiplier and what the 2 small reels do, that have the numbers 1 to 9 on them
the only thing so far I have discovered is the coil for operating the spiral cam is white-red trace but has been cut and joined to red-yellow trace and leaves the hopper beau plug on the top right hand pin as you look at the hopper plug
I will trace this further but wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction
I feel that the hopper works but is not getting the voltage to the spiral cam coil
if any questions or photos required just ask :thank_you:

Offline rdaniel

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • rdaniel New User barely matters.rdaniel New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: bally big 5
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »
Hi Mark. Please include some photos. It would assist us in analyzing your problem.

thanks

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »
Mark, do you have access to the old site (I believe you do, as I recognize your name from there)? If you Search "runaway hopper" on the old site, you will get lots of info on the problem there.
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline buybestslots

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 04:21:53 PM »
1st make sure the hopper stepup coil is good that moves the cam ,the coil  gets its power thur points on  top coin roller  when coins move it , also make sure the hopper is for right coin  a small coin won't count .nothing you can,t fix on a em  1190 is just a different  model  1090 was  more common your most likely is a bars and sevens model aka ghost /jpo

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »
1st make sure the hopper stepup coil is good that moves the cam ,the coil  gets its power thur points on  top coin roller  when coins move it , also make sure the hopper is for right coin  a small coin won't count .nothing you can,t fix on a em  1190 is just a different  model  1090 was  more common your most likely is a bars and sevens model aka ghost /jpo

Mark.. You need to check the contacts back behind the wiper board, by the 100 tooth gear. I had a run away hopper problem on a Bally EM.. I found the contact on the top were bent. There should be two contact that have a nylon bumper. They open and close as the 100 tooth gear is advanced. If those are not adjusted and working correct it can cause a run away hopper. I just finished working on one of those EM machines you have there. I removed the top glass and fluorescent light so I could watch my top box work. Mine would reset from three coins back to one. I found my handles switch's to be dirty and out of adjusted. Hope this help..

Gary   
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »
ok guys thank you for your replys so far haven't had a chance to look into it further so heres a couple of pics

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »
pic

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 08:31:05 AM »
more

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 08:58:56 AM »
Mark.. One other thing to check. Click the solenoids on your odds reels to make sure they are working. They need to rotate, if they are dry try a little light oil on the plastic hub. They come apart by removing the three small screws on the odds wheel and a couple small clips. You have one or two small pivot lever too that slide off. Clean and reassembly.

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline JanGbg

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JanGbg New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 10:31:11 AM »
Hi Mark!
It sounds like you have problem with the "counter" who registrate each coin who been payed out. I know that the arm change a Little in postition after some time and need to be adjusted. Look at my Picture and see the whar I marked.
Sorry about my English....

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:19 AM »
Hi Mark.
It is a tortuous path from the coin out roller switches to the payout counter step up coil, even tho' both of them are on the hopper.
First, the coin out switch sends the pulse up to the top unit odds disc, where it selects for a 1, 2, or 3 coin payout.  If only 1 coin played, then the pulse goes back down direct to the payout step up coil.  If 2 or 3 coins played, then the respective X unit operates before sending signal back to hopper.
So, during payout with 2 or 3 coins played, do you hear either of the x units operating in the top???
You can check your payout stepup and reset coils with 2 jumpers with clips.
clip one lead onto an orange wire on the door (lockout coil works).  then attach the other end to the orange wire on either of your 2 payout counter coils.  Next clip other lead to yellow wire on door (coin switch) then touch the other end BRIEFLY to the non-orange side of your coil under test.  It should pulse if the coil is good.
You can do this with any 50V coil on the machine, and the unit does not have to be in the machine, it can be on the bench if your leads are long enough.  Hope that helps.

The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 01:33:42 AM »
hi guys thanks for the input so far it will be middle next week before I can get to look at it and go through your suggestions
but as a footnote if the win is on 1 2 or 3 coins the jackpot bell always rings is it supposed to or only ring on jackpot

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 02:32:29 AM »
I've had two of those type of machine before. One the bell rang on every jackpot, but the second one, it only did on the third coin jackpots. So I would say yours is normal.

Gary
And remember...

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 09:38:49 AM »
okay I`m home for a few days so had a look at this machine and is as follows:
step up coil on hopper will work when pulsed with 50v
odds disc works when a coin or 2 or 3 is inserted
the x units nothing happens to these when a payout is hit
if I jump 50v on to them manually then the first one advances the stepup coil on the hopper once every 2 pulses
and the second one advances the stepup coil once for every 3 pulses
do we think the problem lies with the coin out roller switches?
or with the odds disc and x units?

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 11:20:58 AM »
 :applause:ok all fixed big thank you to all who posted suggestions :thank_you:
big thanks to oldreno for explaining how it works this helped me get my head round it
also thanks to buybestslots whose suggestion to ensure coins were the right size for the hopper :thank_you:
the problem was the coins weren`t moving the arm up far enough so I changed the screw on the back to a slightly longer one and now its working

Offline OldReno

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 75
  • OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.OldReno Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:49:32 AM »
Nice work Marky Sparky!!!
The real picture of the Face on Mars.

Offline buybestslots

• Reputation Power: 65
  • buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!buybestslots Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »
MOST HERE ON NLG ARE HERE TO HELP WHEN WE CAN ,HAPPY TO HEAR ITS GOING

Offline Thompy

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Thompy New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 03:22:15 PM »
Nice one bro, glad you got it going :applause: ..nice to see you got yourself another Bally for your collection! :applause:

Could you post a pic of the machine would love to see it :applause:
It takes a special person to appreciate the M - therockinelvis

Offline mark the spark

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 12:24:11 AM »
hi thompy had trouble with size of photo but ok now reduced it. yes another bandit this one I will keep the reel tapes are a bit dirty few chips on the cabinet but its ok. still regretting not buying that medallist that was in Dublin so now if I want a machine I will just go for it, although I enquired about a bally bingo the guy wants 400 euros each he had 4 im still thinking about that !!!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal