New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 917-1 extra line continental problems  (Read 940 times)

Offline sbmania

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • sbmania New User has no influence.
  • NLG
917-1 extra line continental problems
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:46:23 AM »
I just picked up a 917-1 and am having several problems with it.  No matter how many coins are played, the line unit always steps up to the maximum after the first coin is played.  If I manually reset it, it will immediately step back up to the max.  Is this normal?

Also, it won't pay on any winning combos or on any lines.  If I switch it to credit, it won't step up the counter either.  However, if I manually step up the credit meter, I can use the white button to play the credits.  Anybody with some suggestions?  This is one complicated slot!!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:43:39 PM by wolftalk »

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: 917-1 extra line continental problems
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:42:21 PM »
I just picked up a 917-1 and am having several problems with it.  No matter how many coins are played, the line unit always steps up to the maximum after the first coin is played.  If I manually reset it, it will immediately step back up to the max.  Is this normal?

not normal. 

there's a "pay detect trip relay" and a "j.p. detect trip relay".  If either of those is tripped, you'll have your line unit issue. 

looks like both of those are electrically reset, so they will look like a pair of coils at right angled to each other operating a shared switch stack.   From Maurice's 917 pics, they are on the edge of the top insert panel.

take a look and see if one is tripped (usually that means the switch stack is down).  If it is, manually reset it and see if the problem goes away.

the pay detect trip relay resets via the same wire as the line unit, so if the line unit is resetting but the pay detect isn't, it could only be the reset coil itself, the wire, or it's resetting but tripping immediately.   The reset pulse comes from a line unit '0' switch.  The '0' is one of the ones poking out over the white plastic ratchet on the line unit and gets shoved open by the white pin when the unit resets.  You'd want to check the switch with the wire going to the reset coil lug ... schem says it's grey/red and a wire segment goes to the pay detect trip relay reset coil.

fix the line unit issue first and if it's the pay detect trip relay, that may change the payout behavior.  If still not working,  then pick whether you want to debug coin or credit play and we can go from there.  The game has diodes all over the place, so some techniques for payout testing won't work. 

do you have a voltmeter / ohmeter / jumper wire?

I split your post into a new topic so more people are likely to look.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:07:37 AM by wolftalk »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 07:52:38 AM »
If the line unit is mechanically in nature.
Depress and release the step up plunger, observe what happens.
If the unit advanced completely to the last stop, check for obsessive wear, missing spring(s)
and or bent levers/control arms.

Offline sbmania

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 11:20:55 AM »
I've got an update!  It looks like the jp detect relay was not resetting and was causing the line unit to step up each time a coin was played.  I manually reset it a few times and then it suddenly started resetting correctly.  Maybe the reset latch mechanism was mechanically binding and working it a few times fixed it?  In any case, the machine now coins and pays out as it should.  I will continue to play it to see if the problem reoccurs.  Thanks for all of the help so far!

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 02:06:25 PM »
The slightest particle or oxidation will disrupt continuity causing a malfunction.
If a latch is involved, it’s possible that it was stuck, but rarely happens as the machine
was designed to operate thousands of times without fault.
Unless it was lubricated with some heavy grease.

Glad to hear it’s running good for now.

Offline big_e

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • big_e New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 12:51:54 PM »
This is crazy you have one of these!  Maybe they are more common than I thought.  I have one also and its giving me troubles.  I need a schematic.  Ill start a new thread and explain.
E

Offline big_e

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • big_e New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 02:24:47 PM »
Also one other thing.  I have two of these games and one has brown glass and the other green.  What color is yours?  I don't think either of mine are faded because the fruit symbols are identical.
ThanksE

Offline sbmania

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 07:33:51 PM »
I actually have two also!  One brown and one green!  My green one is a project for sure and might be missing a few minor parts.  I might sell it as is since I have the other one running.
I found the schematics for mine right here on this website!  I took the file to Staples and had them print it out so I could read it better.  Think it only cost maybe $5 or so for printing! 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal