New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 6000 - Takes 1 in approx 8 coins  (Read 959 times)

Offline ThirdGenAmusement

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
6000 - Takes 1 in approx 8 coins
« on: December 09, 2021, 07:53:04 AM »
Hello,

One last prob(I hope!) to iron out on this Bally 6000. 

Everything is working except the coin in portion.  It will accept 1 out of 6 to 8 quarters ran through.
I have cleaned the led, prism, assembly, shimmed the rake open on the comparitor. I also turned the sensitivity as far counter clockwise as possible. It would make you think it was the optic board.  It does have the amber light on it, test coin button responds, and I believe the mount to be for a quarter because ramp appears to be correct that the quarter rolls down to get lined up with the led in the optics board(it's not a nickel or half dollar optics mount being used for the quarter). 
I can open the door and put a quarter though and the optics board Amber light will flicker when the quarter passes through.   If I put the machine in 3d, it responds to the quarter passing through similar as if it were in game, about 1 in 8 quarters through gives the credit/response in the sensor test mode.
I have tried a couple different comparitors.  Is the next move to get a sensor board that mounts below the comparator?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:09:29 PM by ThirdGenAmusement »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: 6000 - Takes 1 in approx 8 coins
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:51:03 PM »
Coin guide for optics is to larger. Can you take it apart and post a pic?

Offline Azslot

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • Azslot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • www.Azslot.com
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 04:00:14 PM »
Possible a dirty optic or the optics block under the coin comp is wrong.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 04:02:12 PM by Azslot »

• ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.ThirdGenAmusement New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 02:41:28 PM »
Coin guide for optics is to larger. Can you take it apart and post a pic?

Here are the pics.  I believe it to the correct size. 

I did swap out the optic board for another one but it didn't improve my situation.  Still had similar results.  Could there be something with the prism in the back side of the optics board area?  I did shim the rake on the coin comparator. 

Offline slcjeeper

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • slcjeeper New User barely matters.slcjeeper New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 09:35:08 PM »
So when you say that the machine takes 1 in 8 coins, do you mean it keeps the coins but does not credit all of them? Or does the machine accept and credit a coin but returns the others back to you?
Bally 742A-240, 742A-107B, 785-ZP, 809-B, 831-R, 873-K, 1113, 1239-E, 1256-E, V2236-10, V2096-47, S5000+, V5000+, S5500, S6000, IGT PE, Flip-It, Jennings 400, WMS BB1 Goldfish

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 08:26:57 AM »

With the rake shimmed, I can put in +-8 coins for one credit.  Sometimes it will credit on the second coin.  No real rhyme or reason to it.  Only thing constant is if I remove the shim from the rake it will return all coins to the coin tray and not accept any.  This is with a known good cc16 comparitor.  I've tried 2 in it and 2 optics. 

Quote from: slcjeeper
link=topic=34532.msg182842#msg182842 date=1639283708
So when you say that the machine takes 1 in 8 coins, do you mean it keeps the coins but does not credit all of them? Or does the machine accept and credit a coin but returns the others back to you?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »
You should not have to shim the rake to get it to accept coins. There is something wrong that the comparitor that it is not working . Does the "insert coin " flashing? I will post a picture of coin guide. Yours appears to have a shim inside the guide, which may be the issue that the coin is not being directed through the optics properly. The coin has to pass over the 4 optic holes to be sensed and give a credit.

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 09:11:15 AM »
I removed the comparitor from the mount but left it plugged in and put the machine in 3d.  So that I could just see about the optics. Same situation.  Machine will flash 'C' in the credit window about 1 in 6 coins dropped.

It almost has to be with the prism not lined up or something.  I do have another prism I will try.

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 09:37:14 AM »
Sorry sunshine. Yes, insert coin does flash. I appreciate your help and pics.

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 10:17:26 AM »
Ok.  Found a wire to the Jack if the comparitor was loose.  So that's the reason for it not working. 

I took a short video you can watch at the link below but the led on the optics board flashes 1 for 1 when quarters pass through.  So there is a connection issue through the harness into the back place board that might be compromised also.  Just my thoughts.  Appreciate others as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oqvT5FjsX5khcTsy5
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:08:23 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 10:34:50 AM »
You are on the right track. Repair the bad wire on the comparator plug.

Try coins again. If not working - you do have a wire/connection problem going back to the MPU.

If the rake needs to be shimmed on the comparator - the wires to the solenoid or the solenoid connector may be bad. Maybe the repaired wire will fix that problem. You could replace the 220uf capacitor in the comparator, that may help.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »
Here is the coin guide. This coin guide in the picture is to large and as you can see the quarter will not cover the 4 optic holes as it passes through.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 04:08:24 PM by shortrackskater »

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 01:06:15 PM »
Thank you Sunrise!  I really appreciate the pic and your time getting a visual!  I'd assume that guide would be for the half dollar.

Here is the coin guide. This coin guide in the picture is to large and as you can see the quarter will not cover the 4 optic holes as it passes through.

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 01:08:50 PM »
I ordered a replacement harness for the comparator and optics board.  Darn thing works now!  I believe there was more connector issues than just the visibly broken wire so it works like a champ now.   I really appreciate all the input and ideas!    :thank_you: :thank_you: :cheers: :cheers:

Ok.  Found a wire to the Jack if the comparitor was loose.  So that's the reason for it not working. 

I took a short video you can watch at the link below but the led on the optics board flashes 1 for 1 when quarters pass through.  So there is a connection issue through the harness into the back place board that might be compromised also.  Just my thoughts.  Appreciate others as well.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/oqvT5FjsX5khcTsy5

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal