New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Ithaca 950 Programming Cable  (Read 2816 times)

Offline jakpot

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • jakpot New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: Ithaca 950 Programming Cable
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2023, 09:34:29 AM »
Thanks for your help. I do know how to get the test out of the printer. This is good. But it does not indicate that it will then connect you correctly to the machine or that it will enter programming mode correctly.
In the video it simulates the issuance of a ticket as from an outside SAS system. This is a very good option to verify the correct operation of the epic 950.
Anyway, thank you very much for your collaboration.

Offline sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
Re: Ithaca 950 Programming Cable
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2023, 10:43:00 AM »
If you flash the right firmware it’ll work.

Something I missed!  Mine wouldn’t enter programming mode.  It wasn’t clear that you need to have the front cover up, and ALSO slide the back cover out a bit as well!  There’s a sensor there that has to be open.  😁

Then it went right into programming mode as in the video.  Manually print a ticket just to see current firmware.  Unplug power & connect the serial cable on top.  Lift the front lid, and slide the back out just a bit. About an inch.  And you can put it in programming mode.  And do a comm test with the flash app.  If it fails, check com port and port speed on your PC. 

But once you get a good response you can flash it.  It will indicate it completed.

If it doesn’t print a ticket right when done.  Just unplug everything.  Close the lid and slide the back in.  Then do a ticket print by pressing down the feed button and plugging in power.  Then it will and you’ll see the new firmware listed as compared to the test ticket printed before flashing it.

You know it’s good if it changed.  And you can put it back in the machine.

I had a USB/Netplex model that wasn’t for IGT AVP..  But once flashed I could just plug in USB & power without mounting it.  Powered on my AVP. No errors and I could do a test print from the AVP diagnostic menu.  So I knew it was good to go.  👍

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal