New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT G20 slot machine  (Read 2522 times)

Offline paspedaggi

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • paspedaggi New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT G20 slot machine
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2024, 01:56:21 PM »
Are the printers on those machines plug and play or is there an installation process that I missed?

Online sccarlso

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2024, 02:34:54 PM »
As long as they're flashed for IGT and supported by the machine.  I know another printer will work, but both my machines have EPIC 950 USB ones in them.

Plug and play for both in my machines.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2024, 07:58:57 PM »
So, I have taken the whole casing of the printer off, checked all the connections behind the printer.  The power one is connected, there is a 4 prong netplex that is not connected to anything and the USB is going to the back of the machine.  I have tried the USB in another slot in the back of the machine, wiped nvram in safe storage, re-enabled the game and still I get the same message. I did that several times. Same results.

"printer offline ID0"
Fix the error

Is there a way to bypass the printer or should I change all the cable connections to new ones?

Online sccarlso

• sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.sccarlso Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2024, 09:37:43 PM »
The 4 pin connector is power.  The 6 pin connector is for netplex.

So you should only have the 4 pin connected to power, and the USB cable to the machine.

Is that how you have it setup?  And after you power on, the light on the printer remains lit steady green?

You can disable the printer if it is set as enabled to print tickets.  But just be sure to enable it so you can clear credits with the attendant key, or when you want to make a change, it'll be hard to get credits to zero so it will allow you to change settings or you'll have to do a full reset to clear it again.  :)

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2024, 04:47:56 AM »
I couldn’t find where to enable or disable printer in diagnostic mode or setup mode.   Could you tell me where that is?

Online sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2024, 05:11:53 AM »
It’s in protocol > comm ports. Your Tito is likely comm1 for SAS.  As the Tito linked is linked to SAS control for accepting and printing vouchers.

If you have a TITO.  When you set that up, that’s where you set it to accept vouchers for the BV, and selected to print vouchers as well. 

If you don’t have the printer plugged into USB.  Just look at the Tito setup instructions to see where you set it to print vouchers.  And ensure that’s set to No.  Can still accept vouchers though as that’s the BV.

That should disable the printer if not enabled to print vouchers.   I think there’s a video on YouTube showing how to setup cashless without a printer and to just be able to add credits with the service button and clear credits with the key.   I’d look for that video as that kind or setup would be what you want.  🙂

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2024, 06:10:58 AM »
I have an E key 7 and a diagnostic key. With these two things I couldn’t find “protocol “  do I need another key?  Or Am I looking in the wrong area?

Online sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2024, 07:01:30 AM »
It’s in there.  Can’t remember the menu path exactly.   Might be communication.

It’s where you setup serial devices on comm1, 2, etc.

The Tito setup guide and YouTube videos on AVP Tito setup shows it since it’s where you set it to accept & print tickets. 

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2024, 07:31:32 PM »
so it ooks like I was able to disable the printer. The message is no longer showing up.   But nothing else work. It is on the game screen but the bill validator light is off and the touchscreen does not respond to anything.  I tried to go into settings and see what could be wrong but I could not find anything.'
'I also get a message when the machine boots up that says. "check dvi cable"    dont know what that means.

Online sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2024, 10:20:44 AM »
Almost certainly indicates you unplugged the primary USB cable from your brainbox to the backplane so all USB devices connected to the backplane are disconnected.  Or if you disconnected the power plug to the small power supply on top of the brainbox that powers the backplane with 5v of power for the USB farm on the backplane (USB hub).  I forgot to connect that extra power cable once when swapping brainboxes once.  No USB devices seen anymore until powered off, plugged back in, and powered on.  lol

Touchscreen, BV, and printer need that connection to the main USB farm used to connect many dongles and devices on the backplane so all USB devices on your machine are disconnected from your brainbox if that one USB cable to the brainbox, or the USB power supply is disconnected.

Look for the USB cable going from your backplane to the brainbox itself.  Should only be one.  If you plug it back in and power up, the touchscreen and BV should be seen again.  And check and see if you unplugged any power cables, if so plug that back in.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2024, 11:50:48 AM »
I’ll look tonight and will doublecheck all the connections
Thanks for your help, hopefully this machine will no longer be a giant paper weight anymore.

Online sccarlso

• NLG
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2024, 12:19:07 PM »
You're not alone.  Everyone has to start somewhere!

After you've done most of this stuff, you hit walls, get past them, rinse and repeat, etc.   
But then you remember what it is, and how to fix it if it happens again.   :)

Just takes some time and patience.  Which doesn't always come easy!  lol

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2024, 01:03:12 PM »
Once I am done fixing it.  I want to buy new games for it.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2024, 08:16:21 PM »
So this is what I did:

Checked all the usb and other connections. All good.
Changed USB connection to others to see if something would happen.
Wiped the safe storage and re-installed the game.
Now when I boot up, I get to the main screen and nothing is responsive. The bill validator light is off and the screen does nothing.  When I touch the screen, the only key that moves as it is touched is the "main menu" button but nothing happens, so it seems as the touch screen is responding.
Here is a picture of my screen.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2024, 08:44:28 PM »
I see open door F in top right corner of screen.  The BV will not light up and accept a bill with a door open.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2024, 05:36:54 AM »
Does “f” stands for front door?  It was closed, in fact all doors were closed.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2024, 06:32:36 AM »
Great news.  Its fixed.

The bottom cabinet door was open, I closed that door and it all worked.

Thank you so much for your help, I for sure could not have done this without help.  Much appreciated.   Now I am ready for new games and I am sure that I will have questions. If you know where to get games for that machine, let me know.

Again, thank you for your time and assistance.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2024, 09:18:31 AM »
Anyone knows where I can get buttons for my Machine?  I have 5 that don’t light up.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2024, 09:40:24 AM »
Those are the ones I have now.

Offline paspedaggi

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2024, 08:10:22 AM »
Pictures of outside and inside door.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal