New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: WTB: I-game cooling fan (quiet)  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
WTB: I-game cooling fan (quiet)
« on: September 26, 2015, 04:56:13 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm looking to update the fan in my I-game.  This is the (80mm???) cabinet on the left side.  I looked around town today, and while the form factor was right, nobody had 24v fans...only 12v for pcs. 

Anybody have any good suggestions for a good super quiet replacement that is 24 volt?

I attached a pic of mine.

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline Denny

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Denny New User barely matters.Denny New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • www.designhse.wix.com/designhouse
Re: WTB: I-game cooling fan (quiet)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 05:53:48 PM »
Jason,
  I got 2- 12V from Rudy's but I know he has some 24v .  I think they were about 7 bucks.

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »
The best fans are made by ORION.  www.orion.com.  They make various sizes, voltages and decibel to CFM options.  You can also get them from mouser.  www.mouser.com

Offline johnnybgood1

• Just do it!
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.johnnybgood1 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 07:18:24 PM »

Offline 89chevyman

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • 89chevyman New User barely matters.89chevyman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 08:54:02 PM »
Check with powell.com. I got replacement fans from them for my Igame. Good prices and they are direct replacements(voltage and sizes).

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 09:47:12 PM »
Check with powell.com. I got replacement fans from them for my Igame. Good prices and they are direct replacements(voltage and sizes).

Did you notice if they were any quieter?  Which 80mm 24v fan did you get?

Jason

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 11:31:42 PM »
The ones that I bought were 115v. The small fan, that is a bi__h to get to, are the ones I replaced. It blows over the cpu. Located near the service light bulb and cash can/BV.

Chris

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
Also Amazon has several available. 80mm 24V, double ball bearing, should be quieter. The only way to get one that is quieter would be bearing-less types.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 12:53:38 AM »
And unfortunately most of the really quiet fans are 12 volt only.  All of the 24v fans are around 30+db which is what the current fan produces in terms of noise.  Oh well.  I think I found a couple of good replacements.

Thanks for the help guys!

Jason

Offline keystone9

• Reputation Power: 45
  • keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...keystone9 Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 01:43:38 PM »
Hey guys. Try this site. www.coolerguys.com. Bill.

Offline lookes

• Reputation Power: 27
  • lookes New User barely matters.lookes New User barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 03:05:31 PM »
It would take a little wiring but you could use 2 12v fans in series. I put thermal switches in my iGame and S2000's so the fan(s) only come on if it gets over 95F. The iGame ones do come on first tho and they are noisy. Sometimes the S2000's don't come on at all. YMMV.
I Repair IGT 50X, 1270, 039, 044, and S+ MPU's. Contact me at slots@lookelectronics.com for more information.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 03:20:06 PM »
It would take a little wiring but you could use 2 12v fans in series. I put thermal switches in my iGame and S2000's so the fan(s) only come on if it gets over 95F. The iGame ones do come on first tho and they are noisy. Sometimes the S2000's don't come on at all. YMMV.

Could you post up some photos, diagrams, or hardware that you use to accomplish this?  Sounds like. Good solution.

Thanks,
Jason

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 04:11:04 PM »
Do you have LED tube lighting in addition to your LCD?  If so, just throw it out and forget about it.  I've been running mine with just the small MPU tray fan for years without any problems.  I don't leave it on 24X7, just when I'm using it.  The CRT and fluorescent lighting are the main sources of heat and without them I've found it doesn't need a cabinet fan.  "Your mileage may vary".

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 04:29:09 PM »
Do you have LED tube lighting in addition to your LCD?  If so, just throw it out and forget about it.  I've been running mine with just the small MPU tray fan for years without any problems.  I don't leave it on 24X7, just when I'm using it.  The CRT and fluorescent lighting are the main sources of heat and without them I've found it doesn't need a cabinet fan.  "Your mileage may vary".

Cliff,

I'm still running fluorescent lighting in the top and belly.  I've had the fan connected and disconnected over the years.  When disconnected, the LCD case is pretty hot.  With the fan connected and pulling cool air in from the outside, it will cool things off a bit.  I wish the igame had a temp readout like my BB1 to display the temp.  Any idea how much heat LCDs can take?

Jason

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 04:33:08 PM »
Do the perforations in the LCD case keep it cool enough?

Thanks,
Jason

Offline idesign

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 150
  • idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!idesign Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
Have you tried looking up the specs on that model LCD to see the operation temp.  If it was a ceronix it would be 70 C.  Get a oven thermometer and set in it the machine for awhile and see what you get regardless.
If it ain't broke don't mess with it.....

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 04:57:33 PM »
I have a Kortek 17" LCD, specs on it are 0 - 40c operating (32 - 104F).  WG may be different.  Like Idesign said, put a thermometer in it and check the temps with and without the fan. 

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »
Roger that.  I'll see if I can find the manual for it with the operating temps.

Jason

Offline 89chevyman

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Jason,
  With that power brick attached to the LCD screen, I'd think it would contribute to the heat problem :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2015, 11:14:37 PM »
Jason,
  With that power brick attached to the LCD screen, I'd think it would contribute to the heat problem :Scratch-Head: :Scratch-Head:

That's how WG ships them from the factory. 

I flipped the fan around today and had it pull the cool air in from the room instead of venting the warm air inside of the machine out into the room, and that monitor was just luke warm.  The fan is just so loud though.  I just need to find a good quiet fan. 

I found this one on Mouser...super quiet per the specs.  Bit pricey, but I'd spend the money if it does the trick.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ebm-papst/8414N-2GL/?qs=in9s7fx0B9UG4zLt2H3F5Q%3d%3d

Thanks,
Jason

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal