New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.  (Read 5657 times)

Offline MGB1977

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • MGB1977 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: My first IGT S2000 12 Times Pay has problems.
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2018, 05:43:59 AM »
Jim,
I just sent you a PM this morning. 8/21/18 at 7:40 local time.

Jay

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2018, 06:19:59 AM »
I sent my MPU board to Jim in Ohio....and last night he called and said that the MPU board is working properly. (He tried it many times.)  So I now think that the problem is with my optics bipass or in a wire that connects the cherry switch to the MPU board. 

Any thoughts?

I will have the MPU board back Monday to try any solutions.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2018, 11:01:52 AM »
the by pass is very straight forward:  green wire from the cabinet goes to one side of the normally open on the cherry switch, the purple from the cabinet gets joined together with the green wire from the door optic.   the red wire from the door optic goes to the common on the cherry switch.

now when the door is open, the cherry switch normally open contact is open to the common contact, when the door closes, the normally open contact will now close and connect to the common contact , this will complete the door optic circuit, PROVIDED THE CASH CAN DOOR SWITCH AND THE BELLY DOOR SWITCH HAVE BEEN BYPASSED.

hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
OK.....I have my MPU board back and decided to plug it in and see what happens. Jim said it checked out fine.   After plugging it in.....it reads
1.  Game EPROM CRC Mismatch - OXB000001  (I turned the key to the right)  2.  Non-Recoverable Data Error  (turn key to right)  3.  Some critical data will be lost  (Turn key to the right)  4.  Press Test Switch for 2-3 seconds  (I press switch on the MPU for 3 seconds)  5.  Please close the main door

I obviously have the same door open problem.....but......what about the 4 other messages appearing on the screen.  Any help on this.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2018, 11:51:05 AM »
Those other messages are normal message you see after changing a battery or game.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2018, 12:33:33 PM »
When checking on my door open problem.  I did not wire the belly door switch or cash box closed, but I think the guy before me did.  Here are pictures of the belly glass switch closed.  (two green wires), and the money box (blue with a white line and green) closed.

Does this look right?

Thanks

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2018, 01:31:56 PM »
I do bypass the cash box switch but leave the belly Glass alone. Have you checked to make sure that your door switch is working correct? I would use my  voltage meter and check the switch to make sure it is reading open one open and closed when actually close. Make sure that the wires on your doors which are installed correctly. It is possible to hook it up backwards. If that checks out then you’re going to have to follow the wires. I have it written down somewhere telling where and what plug on the mother board to check with a meter.  If you don’t have continuity from you switch wire to the mother board plugs, you machine won’t know if it doors open or closed.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2018, 02:00:04 PM »
Amechanic.....Thank you for your post.  I have checked the cherry switch and it is fully working.  I am POSITIVE I have wired the bi-pass correctly.  I have checked continuity on all wires.  I am sure I have done it properly. 

If you would please see if you can find your notes on where and what plug on the mother board so that I can check it with a meter. 

Thank you for your help.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
The more I look at that pic of how to bypass the door optics isn’t correct.. Yes two of the wires from the optic sensors are cut and now running through the door switch, but the drawing doesn’t show how the othe two wires are run from the optics sensors to the plugs on the mother board. If you wire them as pictured they run in a loop between the two optics but never make the circuit to the mother board.
And remember...

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2018, 04:13:12 PM »
I agree......a loop.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »
Your diagram is right. The Cabinet side comes from the MB and the door side too
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2018, 05:27:37 PM »
Where does it connect to the MB? 

Plug #......and pin #?

Thanks

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2018, 05:37:44 PM »
You can trace them back behind the BVD to the MB Possibly the door and cabinet senets
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2018, 06:10:30 PM »
I posted the information  in reply 39 ????    I also told you how the door optic wiring had to be, along with the colors etc.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
Here is what Jim posted earlier;

here is the wiring for the optics:
cabinet optic;  green wire goes to J-11 pin1,  violet wire goes to J-11 pin 2.

door optic:  red/white  goes to J-19  pin 4,   green/ blue to belly switch comes out as a green wire which goes to J-19  pin 3.

Jim
And remember...

Offline MGB1977

• NLG
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »
I have found J11 and J19 on the board.  I will be on it tomorrow.  I can check it for continuity.

Thanks!

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal