New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 504 B boards repair?  (Read 1413 times)

Offline mvco

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • mvco New User barely matters.mvco New User barely matters.
  • NLG
504 B boards repair?
« on: December 12, 2020, 10:09:09 AM »
Hi all,
I have accumulated a big pile of around 10 bad 504B boards. Most have the typical issue of  not reading door optics.  A couple of them are just not seeing the B bill box switch closure. Wondering if someone repairs these? The boards are all clean, and even look good where the Varta Battery was. The corroded ones, I have thrown away as I replaced them.

Anyone want to repair? Or, how about this, I send you all the boards, and you just send me two repaired ones, and you keep the rest.  That could be a good deal for everyone?

Just do not want to toss a bunch of 504B boards.

Offline Retro tech repair

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 81
  • Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: 504 B boards repair?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 07:22:28 PM »
What state are you in?

Offline mvco

• NLG
Re: 504 B boards repair? TOPIC SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 07:49:56 AM »
Washington.  I did send the boards out for repair already.  thanks.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: 504 B boards repair? TOPIC SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 08:16:35 AM »
Washington.  I did send the boards out for repair already.  thanks.
When you get them back, could you let us know what repairs were made?
That would be awesome  :cool_thumb_up: Thanks!
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 11:00:11 AM »
I sent them to a member here, "lookes". He has an awesome test jig that is unbelievably cool!  Can work on boards while powered up.  I sent him 9 504B boards in trade for a couple working ones.  He should be able to tell you what was needed to repair.

• Sr NLG Member
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 11:04:50 AM »
I sent them to a member here, "lookes". He has an awesome test jig that is unbelievably cool!  Can work on boards while powered up.  I sent him 9 504B boards in trade for a couple working ones.  He should be able to tell you what was needed to repair.
oh yeah!
J. out west there is an awesome member here!  :cool_thumb_up:
I got some boards from him that are working as we speak!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 01:19:59 PM »
Are the repairs only being done on the 504 boards, or are the 502 boards being repaired by these people too?
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

• Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.Retro tech repair Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 01:50:23 PM »

Test stations are awesome. I have an official igt station for pe/pe+ And i have custom built tests stations for 50x, 1270, 3902, and 044.

Offline Mkd3b

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Mkd3b New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 10:36:18 AM »
Ive also got a few boards in need of repair from Battery Damage
Who Is doing these repairs

Offline mvco

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 11:04:48 AM »
Lookes, a member here does awesome repairs.

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 09:02:26 AM »
I am seeing that this repairing these is getting to the point where it is justifiable. I have a couple questions to see if it is worth me offering as a service.

How many members currently do repair these boards, and what is your location.
What is the current rate for repair.

I currently do not have any form of shipping setup the bulk of my repairs are from local customers or from large companies that send be a bulk of machines or parts to rebuild at a time.

With the business I currently do I would probably have higher cost and longer turnaround than anyone else this is the main reason i am still hesitant to do this kind of work, and I would not want to take work away from a member that is better fitted for the job.

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 09:20:56 AM »
I'm not sure who it was ...whether it was Badbaud or Sixcardmark...but one of our members was trying to make a list of nearest & local rebuild guys in each state so there'd be a quicker turnaround for board repairs.

Offline shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 267
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 09:53:18 AM »
I'm not sure who it was ...whether it was Badbaud or Sixcardmark...but one of our members was trying to make a list of nearest & local rebuild guys in each state so there'd be a quicker turnaround for board repairs.

Badbaud started a map showing slot repair contacts over the USA. The thread is here, but you have to contact him for the location of the shops. Perhaps he can compile a map with links embedded on it, or maybe there's a member out there willing to help him out.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=25103.0

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal