New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: main door close alarm  (Read 1491 times)

Offline lsutiger66

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lsutiger66 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
main door close alarm
« on: December 14, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »
I'm new to this site. 
Help.  I sent my board off for a battery replacement and now I can't get my machine working again.
Here are my steps.
   Power up... after testing I get a "Ram Error" and load horn. 
    Turn Key .  get message "Eprom mismatch" 
     Turn Key get message  "non recoverable data error"
      Turn Key  get message "critical data will be lost"
        Turn Key  get message "press test button 2 - 3 sec
 Get message to "close the main door"
  This is where I'm stuck.  Can't get the door alarm off. 
    What do i check next and How do I check it. 

Thanks for the help. 

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: main door close alarm
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »
Is the main door handle all the way down?

If you can post a picture of your MPU board will help us help you.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 03:53:08 PM »
Did you have a green Varta battery that was corroded on the board?  If so, that's likely the problem.

Offline lsutiger66

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 05:19:26 PM »
yes,  the latch is all the way down.  the guy who replaced the battery was supposed to clean the board of corrosion

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 05:26:14 PM »
The varta battery is the green one in the top right of your picture. I can't tell from the picture but is there corrosion around it? That's where the door trace goes under and usually the corrosion destroys the trace.

Edit. I was able to blow up the picture. I really don't see corrosion there. Did they replace that battery also?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 06:00:54 PM »
Belly glass door switch could be open. 

Offline therockinelvis

• Capes are not just for Super Hero's
  • Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 173
  • therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!therockinelvis Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 06:04:20 PM »
Or cash can door switch
Thank Ya Thank Ya Very Much.

the rockin elvis

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 06:52:54 PM »
That's a new varta battery.  Did the old one show signs of corrosion? What often happens is it works until you remove the battery and clean the corrosion off the board.  Cleaning the board up also will take parts of the corrosion damaged circuit traces off with it and you end up with Door open M errors, or in your case "Please Close the Main Door" messages that do not go away.

Offline lsutiger66

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »
Is the cash door switch on the cash can that holds bills?  Where is the glass belly door switch? 

If the cleanup has damaged the trace.  What can be done about it?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2020, 08:09:13 PM »
The cash door switch is on the side of the bill validator housing.  It will give you a door open B error message though, doesn't have anything to do with the main door.  The belly glass door switch is located at the top left side of the door frame.  Open the belly door and you'll see it up there.  It's tied to the main door, but not likely to be the cause of your problem. 

Replace the MPU is really about it. If you have good soldering skills you can modify the MPU to bypass a bunch of the door circuits, but I'm assuming if you did that you wouldn't have sent the board out for battery replacement to begin with.

Offline paulzona

• Reputation Power: 1
  • paulzona New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2020, 08:18:22 PM »
Good evening Tilt, some good info you provided.  I am having same issue with Please Close The Main Door and I would love to hear how to bypass on the board and if this is something you'd help with?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2020, 08:23:21 PM »

Offline paulzona

• Reputation Power: 1
  • paulzona New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 08:34:02 PM »
Great info, Thanks for sharing!  I have the enhanced 1270 board so not sure this will work for my board?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2020, 08:47:29 PM »
Sorry no, that's for 50X boards.  Haven't heard of Door Open M issues with the 1270 enhanced boards.

Offline lsutiger66

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2020, 07:15:22 AM »
The suggested repair is above my soldering capability.  I'm not sure that's the only problem.  Is there someone who can check out the board for me and give me an evaluation of the repair required?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2020, 07:43:39 AM »
some boards can be repaired easily and others cannot!!  depends on how many traces were damaged on the surface and how many through holes were damaged as well.  paying for shipping both ways to have it checked out plus a payment for someone to check it out may be close to what you could buy a tested working board.   

the board is the heart of the machine, when it is good, other issues are easy to repair, why do you suspect other issues?

to replace the board, you would have to change the four chips, SB chip, 2-SG chips and the Version chip  from the old board to the new board.

not difficult to do, just have to pay attention to detail as to how the chips are put back in their sockets, observe the notch and bent pins.

Jim 

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline lsutiger66

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 06:54:19 AM »
What's the cost of a new tested board?  Thanks for the information/ 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal