New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 won’t clear, other issues  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Phan000

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
S2000 won’t clear, other issues
« on: December 28, 2020, 07:48:42 AM »
Hello,  I bought this S2k.  Previous owner stated it would not power up.

First time plugging in, faint burning smell, but did power up.

I replaced coin battery & removed green battery.  Some
Possible damage under green battery.

Never really got passed clear.  Second amber light blinking.

Also missing cable to IO board mounted on the mpu.  Some black/burned spot on IO connection

Is this board probably shot?

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: S2000 won’t clear, other issues
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:59:29 AM »
I may be incorrect but it looks like you have a clear chip installed (IVC) and that would make sense of the limited amber lights.  Sounds like you just cleared the board.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 08:05:11 AM »
What happens when you put the SB001000 back in?

The MPU board does look damaged.

Can't really see anything on the I/O.

The missing harness would be one of two harnesses for backlit reels.

Offline Phan000

• Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
At one point the machine got to the close door, message and had sounds.

But never got past that point.

Tried to clear a few more times.  Now clear only produces one solid, one blinking amber light.

When SB is replaced, machine states ram error.  Reset button and key do nothing. No warning sound anymore.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 09:07:55 AM »
Close the door fully with the latch all the way down and tell us what is on the VFD display.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 10:00:45 AM »
With door closed it states- please wait testing memory, then ram error

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 11:16:44 AM »
That MPU looks to have quite a bit of corrosion from the battery leaking.  I'd start looking for a new one. 

With the door closed the machine should go from testing memory to call attendant (after clearing or replacing battery).  Then when you open the door it would give you a RAM ERROR message.  So you have a constant door open error, but also have a second problem with the jackpot reset keyswitch.  Normally you would turn it a few times, press and hold the MPU self test button 2-3 seconds and then it would tell you to close the main door.  But yours doesn't see the the switch close anymore so you can't get that far.    The jackpot reset switch goes directly from the keyswitch, through the motherboard to the MPU.  It doesn't go through I/O boards.  I can't say I've seen varta corrosion cause that, but if the wires are connected to the switch and the switch works (test with a multimeter), then it probably has.   

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 04:14:06 PM »
I swapped the board out from
a working machine.

Worked fine, but no sound except reel stop.  Sound was turned down low on the machine I pulled it from, so may just need adjustment.

Looks like a new board is the fix.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »
I installed new board, works great but still no sound.

Volume is adjusted loud.

It had been working initially with bad board producing ram error.  Then it stopped.

Maybe amp went bad?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2021, 04:24:07 PM »
Possibly, but pretty rare.  Do you have a MML2 sound board installed on the MPU?

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
Not sure, photo below.  Sound did not work with other known working board.  Weird that it did for a while.

Not sure if perhaps I inadvertently unplugged it somehow?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2021, 06:13:47 PM »
You are missing the sound board and sound simm.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »
Like Mark said, you don't have a sound card installed.  But, you should still have basic sounds, reel spin, rollup, etc even without it.  You just won't have some the enhanced stereo sounds available. 

The audio preamp is on the MPU board and then feeds to an amplifier in the top box.  Check the connections up there and maybe post a picture of it too.

Offline Ken

• Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 142
  • Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!Ken Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2021, 06:54:30 PM »
He got the board from me. The board in the picture produces the generic sounds.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:31 PM »
I am positive the board is good, thanks to ken.

Only looking for legacy sounds.

Top is pictured below, though I’ve never opened it.

Is there a way to test the amp for power?

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »
Yes, the red/black wires should have +13V.  I agree, if you got it from Ken it worked when he sent it to you.  Here's a schematic diagram. 

Don't pay too much attention to the boxes I highlighted in red, that was to help someone else.  As you can see there are many different variations of wiring options depending on the cabinet, machine type etc. 

You should have legacy sounds without the MML2 board.

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 09:00:39 AM »
I swapped the amp out with a working one from my other machine & sound works fine.

Guess I need a new amp.

Seems strange it died like that.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 09:33:13 AM »
Glad you got it figured out.  Those amps are pretty reliable, but like any other electronic device, they can fail.  Good news is they're pretty cheap and easy to replace.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 410
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 09:40:14 AM »
What is the date of manufacture on that amp circuit board? Pre-2000?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Phan000

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2021, 07:49:54 AM »
Not sure what year the old amp bore was, but machine was made in 1999

I’m getting a loud digital feedback kind of sound now with new amp.  Old one did the same before it died.

Sound volume is set pretty low, and gameplay sounds are reasonable, but the static sound is loud.

Is there a way to fix this? I saw an old post about moving a jumper on the amp board. Would this help maybe?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal