New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Please help me figure out what machine i have.i know its a bally.but need yr  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Hardtocomebyken New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Ok yea thats what i was thinkin.i know the glass isnt easy to come by eaither with hard rock on it.theres no way i can pull the reels and slide in a real bally setup?and make what is was?

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
You might be able to remove the Summit stuff and convert it back to the way it was, make it a 100% Bally machine, if that's what you want to do. Probably just a matter of getting the parts. The glass on your machine looks really nice, I'd leave it as-is. Who knows, maybe Jon Bon Jovi or Pamela Anderson played that machine at one time.   :garfield: 

PS> you might try contacting NLG member "ramegoom", he is a Summit enthusiast and knowledgeable about them:

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=profile;u=368
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 01:55:52 PM by rokgpsman »
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
Ok thx.yea the machine looks like its all here from what im learning.its just getting it to all work right.it looks like its been gone thru already.also i have another question.the block that vibrates on the bottom of the coin thing.it looks like the wire has been cut.when i put wires together it works.i just dont know what its purpose is for or if it should be connected.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
Ok thx.yea the machine looks like its all here from what im learning.its just getting it to all work right.it looks like its been gone thru already.also i have another question.the block that vibrates on the bottom of the coin thing.it looks like the wire has been cut.when i put wires together it works.i just dont know what its purpose is for or if it should be connected.

Since you don't what it is called it is always best to just post a photo of what you are talking about. That way you are more likely to get a quicker answer to your question, photos save time, we don't have to ask you 20 questions about it.

The part you are talking about that vibrates is probably a "coil" or "solenoid", possibly the coin diverter or a coin lockout. You might want to get a copy of the Bally EM manual, it will help you to learn the parts in your machine that are still Bally. Sometimes people will disconnect a wire going to the coil so it doesn't make the noise. The disconnected coil may not be needed for playing the machine at home.

It is also good if you will write your messages with spaces instead of run-together, makes it easier for everyone to read. That style of writing may work ok when texting your friends but here it gets tiresome and people don't like it. A lot of the experts here are senior or near-senior citizens, help them out by writing clearly, they are the ones that know the most about your old machine, so it will be to your benefit.   :garfield:
If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline 63mini

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 116
  • 63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!63mini Is leading the good life!
  • NLG

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
Ok thx u very much.yes 1 wire is cut .and like u said its noisy.i just wanted to make sure it doesnt play any other roll in my machine that has to do with the game it self.

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
There are some things you can try to make it less noisy, depending on what part you are referring to. Chances are that since someone in the past cut the wire to it then it isn't needed for home play. Post a photo of it and someone will give you specific advice.

If the part is a coin diverter then here's some info about that:
Older slot machines have a coin hopper in them to collect the coins that players insert into the machine. Eventually the coin hopper can get full but people still play the machine. This means the hopper could overflow and coins would fall out on the inside of the machine. Not good, besides making a mess the metal coins could short out something. So the coin hopper has a part on it that tells the machine when the hopper is nearly full. The machine will then activate a coin diverter that sends inserted coins to an overflow bucket instead of to the hopper. The overflow bucket was located inside the slot machine stand, there is a hole in the bottom of your machine where the coins drop thru and go into the bucket. That's what the coin diverter does. But for home play it isn't very likely that you'd ever have a hopper get full of coins, so you can often disconnect the coin diverter and not have a problem.

Another type of coin diverter is a part that sends the inserted coin that is accepted to the hopper, or it sends a rejected coin back to the coin tray on the front of the machine.

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
Ok that means im missing the overflow arm in the hopper.no biggie.and yes its the coin rerouter.its great to know it will work with out thos .also ive read its a good thing if my machine says coin accepted on it when reset ect.i think now my only issue is the wheels not locking when spin ends.and occasional codes on the win reader.it has been at 000.ive also seen 900 and 4.1

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
On many of the older mechanical machines the reels spin on rods with various cams, gears, cogs, springs and other parts attached. Typically all of that needs a good cleaning. Old grease dries out and becomes gummy or firm. You can pull out your reel assembly and look it over more easily. That way you can work some of the mechanical parts by hand to see if they are moving freely or not. A lot of owners do a good cleaning of the mechanicals as one of the first jobs. If you don't like doing that sort of thing you bought the wrong type of machine.

Remember, with only your written description, no photos, it is much harder for some problems to be analysed. Don't expect too much specific help unless you can post photos.

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
Ok thanks.yea ive pulled the reel sectiin out and hopper to just see everything before i will pull it again then look it over once more.also i will get some pics and post them.

Offline ramegoom

• Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
I have found the biggest problem with that style Summit machine is oxidation on the BEAU connectors behind the reel assembly. All of the functions go thru there and the oxide ends up on both the male and female terminals. Use a pencil eraser as best as you can.

The second biggest problem is in the CPU board; there are a couple of chips that are prone to failure along with that battery.

Finally, the opto couplers on the IO board can give you problems. There are two unused optos that you can cannibalize (reel 4 and 5) and put in place of questionable parts. Be careful that you use the correct replacement if you find a bad one.

If you need tested and working CPU or IO boards, PM me. I have several spares. 

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Nice information to know. I could not remember for the life on me who had worked on a summit machine here. 
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
The connectors looked ok the fisrt time i looked at them.i think the machine gas been gone thru before.alsothe battery looks replaced and new.where is io board?im new to all this.also is there a wheel reader on each reel or just 1.only 3 seems to have one.from what i think is the reader anyways.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
IO board has the red pull-handle, CPU is yellow.

There should be a reader board on each reel. There is a green PC board that holds all three reel readers in alignment to the reel.  You can see the board on the bottom of this view of the reel assembly:

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
This is the board with the black block on it i believe to be a reader.that is in between the reels on one reel.the other boards in between the others dont have this black block.its that the reader?and if so would this stop my reels from stopping and locking at the end of a spin?

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
More reader pics and main board

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
I have found red writing on door it says 1031 with a side ways s under it and a dash under the sideways s. Do u think thats a model? Its in bottom left corner of door in marker.

Offline ramegoom

• NLG
It doesn't matter which Bally model they used, as the Summit conversion involved an entirely different reel assembly with the PC board cage. The conversion uses some of the reel mechanism from the original machine, but adds quite a bit of new stuff. Also, the hopper is different, with new electronics installed.

Trying to convert it back would involve basically a complete "parts" machine.

Your last pic shows the reel readers, two out of the three.

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
I've circled the reader in the picture.. It is attached to the green circuit board.. Each reel will have the part in the picture. If I remember correctly it comes out in one piece for all three reels..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Hardtocomebyken

• NLG
Yes for the readers.but if u look closely at the reader pics.i think on one fin actually has a reader on it.am i wrong?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal