New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Confirmation of machine identity for a newbie.  (Read 1760 times)

Offline JRector

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • JRector New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Confirmation of machine identity for a newbie.
« on: December 03, 2018, 06:19:17 PM »
Just picked up an IGT Gameking Video Poker with multigame software. The board is a 9602 and I have no clue as to the version.  It has incorrect glass bottom and top. With the buttons present it seems like it maybe started its life as a slot and was converted? 

The machine has an issue which will not let it fully operate. The analog counters/meters mounted inside the door are running continuously. It starts and looks like it will run except for that one issue.  The coin battery on the board shows 2.7 volts.

I know I will eventually need a key chip and would like a recommendation on which, I have a key 17 for S2000 but would not try that until I hear from the experts here on compatibility.

Also if someone has a manual it would be greatly appreciated

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 387
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Confirmation of machine identity for a newbie.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:37:55 PM »
It's a 17" I-game with a 3902 MPU board and Game King 5.X software.  I can't make out the Base and GME numbers in your photo.  If you can post those I can tell you what version and keychip you need. 

Your battery is getting pretty low, you'll need to replace it before long.  The running meters won't prevent it from working.  The machine probably has a low accounting denomination set (like 1c) and someone cashed out or won a large sum.  If you leave it on the meters will eventually stop when the machine is done advancing them.  Many find the ticking meters a nuisance and bypass them to resolve that problem.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »
Tilt,

Thanks for your time and the reply.   I have added the additional photos of the game chips and the base chip. 

As for the meters I really thought it was having a meltdown and shut it down.  When I get home I’ll let them spin. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »
You have Game King 5.3P game software, it's primarily all poker games with a couple of keno games and blackjack.  Key 40 is what you need for it.

Yeah, that's why most folks bypass them.  Here's a link that tells you how to do it.  It's from the S2000 forum, but the procedure is the same for your game king.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=327.0

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »
Again thanks for your help.   I will get find and get a key chip ordered. 

Offline wizeone

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • wizeone New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:13:41 AM »
send a message to RB here on the forums he can help you with the keychip(s)

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 01:03:41 PM »
send a message to RB here on the forums he can help you with the keychip(s)

I have messaged him. 

Thanks ...I have to ...O Wizeone.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 07:15:26 PM »
Your battery is getting pretty low, you'll need to replace it before long.  The running meters won't prevent it from working.  The machine probably has a low accounting denomination set (like 1c) and someone cashed out or won a large sum.  If you leave it on the meters will eventually stop when the machine is done advancing them.  Many find the ticking meters a nuisance and bypass them to resolve that problem.

Tilt, 

One further question on the meter issue, I may have not fully stated the issue. The meters which are running are the “Credit Played”, “Credit Won”, and “Coin Drop” meters. I let them go today they have ran at a full out spin for about 12 hours.  Along with their running the bill accepter will not operate. I had assumed the machine wouldn’t let the bill acceptor operate until that operation (the meters) were finished.

I read through the procedure to bypass the meters but didn’t want to go there yet if another issue existed, afraid it would mask the underlying problem, if any. 

The screen is showing possible errors at the bottom.  “Enclosure MCB” on the right side.   Restart on the left side center. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 08:14:29 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like something other than your normal meters running to catch up with a cashout or ticket redemption. 

You can pull one of the RAM chips out, that will clear the RAM memory.  When the machine boots back up you'll get a RAM error message on the screen.  Turn the jackpot reset key and follow the onscreen directions.  When the game comes up you'll get a verify options message, just touch ok.  Hopefully that will cure it.

The RAM chips are next to GME 2 and 4.  It doesn't matter which one you remove.  When you get a Keychip the menu will give you an option to clear the RAM and EEPROM so you won't have to physically remove a chip to clear the memory after you get it.

You'll always have a restart message on the screen after it boots up until the first game is played.  It's not an error message.  Closure MCB is telling you the Main, Card Cage, and Bill validator doors have been opened, but are now closed.  Those go away after the next game is played as well.  The only unusual one is Card Cage door being closed.  That is normally jumpered so the machine sees it as closed all the time.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
Thanks again Tilt, you are a wealth of information on these machines.   

I did as instructed and the meters have stopped, success and quiet....but now it has a “Coin In Jam” when I go to the setup>machine options>Credit it shows the hopper as enabled and will not allow me to change the setting. I have been searching the site here for a resolve and saw where some settings need the key to alter, this didn’t seem to be one of them. Other posts reference that changes must be made immediately after a ram clear? Is this possibly my problem.   Or otherwise HELP. 

I did also check the IO on door (always power off), and look at the wiring, I also saw where someone n
Had a jumper on the harness where the coin accepter used to be located, I do not have one there and didn’t seem to find specific instructions on making one. 

Hopefully I am not jumping around too much here but I love trying to solve the puzzle when I can. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
Ok good, at least no more annoying meter's ticking away.  Yeah, there are some options that can only be changed after the machine is keyed with the keychip, enabling/disabling the hopper is one of them. 

I saw that your machine was coinless.  It should have a coin comparitor bypass plug on a plug near where the coin handling hardware would mount.  I've attached a picture of one that has the jumper plug installed.  Without it you will have a coin-in jam error.

If it's missing, contact Ken at Ohiogaming and see if he still has any.  At one time he did.  You could also make your own if necessary.  Here's a link to a discussion on it that shows the wiring as well as one source of parts for the connector.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=9474.msg50859#msg50859

You're making progress.  It'll be working soon.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 09:27:20 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 09:07:41 PM »
Thanks!

I have messaged Ken about the item and also located the components online. I prefer to support vendors here, especially for the few dollars more it might cost.  I have faith this will be the final step to a functioning machine. 

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
I forgot that you have GK5.3 software in that machine.  You can disable the coin acceptor in the software and then you don't need the bypass plug.  You do need a keychip to disable it though.   

It's still best to have the bypass plug in place though because not all game software allows you to disable the acceptor and you may want to change the software for something different at some point. 

So when you have a keychip you should be able to get it running even if you don't have the bypass plug yet.

Offline JRector

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
Just a closure statement ....with the addition of the jumper all is working great. I have received the key chip and have to get that done. A couple of days after the monitor began dropping out after a time period on.  I haven’t got to that yet but will soon.

Thanks to Tilt for your help.

I have 6 new S2000 machines that have been stored have just landed in my garage and I want to get them up before worrying about the monitor issue.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:59:11 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Tilt

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 08:41:06 AM »
Glad you were able to get it running  :applause: .   Looks like you'll be busy for awhile with the reel slots.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal