New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7..Cannot get back to Game....SOLVED  (Read 5305 times)

Offline JOHN0813

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • JOHN0813 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Re: IGT S2000 Super Spin Sizzling 7..Cannot get back to Game....Help
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
  I have replaced the cash box..connected the 2 wires inside near the cash box and tried a replacement bill validator.

Still get the message...

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 76
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
Yes you have to key chip to set to wamm. That should do it.

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »

I clear chipped the machine....now the error messages read Call Attendant and Door Open B....Any other ideas are appreciated

« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:26:04 PM by JOHN0813 »

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.erbs Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 01:21:12 PM »
Did you try closing your door and making sure the lever is all the way down then move the lever up and down several times slowly?

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 06:15:28 AM »

Question....

if there are no sensors on the Cash Box door.....how does the machine sense that the door is open?

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2019, 07:49:17 AM »
Originally there is/was a switch on the door. If you don't see one the wires may have been by passed. If so look for 2 wires somewhere behind the cash box. They should be tied together.Wires would be a solid green and blue w/gray tracer.

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2019, 08:15:35 AM »

Here are the 2 wires I found in the Cash Box area...I a still getting the error that the door is open....

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2019, 08:40:10 AM »
Tie the 2 wires together you will be good.

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2019, 08:43:15 AM »

See the previous post...they are tied together...still same error....

Offline erbs

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2019, 08:49:01 AM »
You may have had acid damage from the varta battery. I have had boards the had very little signs of acid that gave me that error. Very common on those boards.

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
Please see another previous post...I tried a different board and still had the same error messages???

Any other thoughts...???

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 300
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Have you tied the belly door switch wires together?  did you try the test I told you to try,this is the only way to determine what your machine is doing, shotgunning parts only goes so far, now you have to find out what is or is not working if you want to fix it.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »

Thanks Jim...I will report back...

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2019, 07:14:50 AM »
 I did the Processor Input Test...(Option 4.1.3)

the Main Door.....Toggles between 0 and 1
the Coin Drop Door remains at 1
the Bill Validator Door remains at 0

all other Processor Input reflect the Values on the chart.

What is my next step????

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2019, 09:41:14 AM »
John,  the bill cash door wires terminate at the mother board  J-10,  pins  5 and 6.

68 wire, blue/grey tracer from the bill unit to pin 5 of J-10

55 wire, solid green,  from the bill unit to pin 6 of J-10.  J-10 is located around the middle of the motherboard.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »

I found the J10 on the motherboard..now what should I do...the pins appear to be connected solidly??...When the machine starts....The reels spin, the bill validator cycles, the 1 credit equals .25 appears....it reads insert 3 coins..only for 2 seconds.......and the message then reads...Call Attendant and then Door Open B.

Now will someone help me understand this...I think there are only 2 sets of wires connecting the cash box/bill validator...on one set I have connected them...see above photo... and the other set goes to the back of the bill validator....I changed out the bill validator...restarted the machine and still get the above error messages...What does this mean??? What could be causing the error message.....Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated....
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 06:11:16 PM by JOHN0813 »

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2019, 09:13:46 PM »
lets get our wiring straight!  there is only four connectors coming from the back of the bill validator harness, the five pin connector which has only four wires is the rx and tx info ,  the two pin connector is the 13vdc power,  the other two pin connector that has the black and yellow wire, goes to the door bezel, the other connector is not used, 

the two wires that connect to the switch on the cash can door go from that switch to the back of the housing, they exit the housing and directly to J-10.   to determine if that loop is good ,disconnect J-10  take a meter and ohm out pins 5 and 6,you should get continuity or zero ohms.  if open, then you have a broken wire somewhere.  only one set of wires coming out the back of the housing, only one set.

Jim

Signature:

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2019, 06:52:15 AM »

I removed the J10 plug and re-inserted it back on the motherboard....I checked the blue/grey and solid green wires for continuity....They were okay.. I got the sound...I did another Processor input test..same results as before...Coin Drop Door did not toggle and Bill Validator Door did not toggle...

When the machine starts up the bill validator makes the correct sounds...the insert coin appears on the screen...the insert 3 coins appears on the screen and within 2-3 seconds....the Call Attendant and the Door Open B appears.....

Should I go back and use another MPU Board? and try that process again? Thanks....Any other ideas are appreciated...

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • NLG
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »
Do you have another working machine? verify that the boards you are using are in fact good. I would remove the cash can wiring from the bill housing all together, you will see where it exits the the back of the housing.  cut it there and twist the wires together, and make sure they are not touching any metal, this will short the signal out. 
Have you removed any jumpers anywhere?  I find it hard to believe that just removing the cash box caused a working machine to go south! have you tested the cash can wires shorting out to ground? 

Jim

Signature:

Offline JOHN0813

• NLG
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2019, 08:38:36 AM »
I retaped the cash box wires together, no jumpers have been removed, and will use another MPU board....

I will get back to you with the results...Thanks for your help....

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal