New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT I-Game won't take 'new' bills  (Read 1453 times)

Offline SteveXKR

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • SteveXKR New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT I-Game won't take 'new' bills
« on: September 13, 2019, 09:07:38 PM »
Hi All,
I have 2 'old'ish IGT I-Game based systems. (Little Green Men Family reunion and LobsterMania) and neither will recognize the newer 100's - is there a way to reprogram the bill validator ? (or maybe even change it so it thinks a dollar is 100? makes loading it up easier lol)

Thanks!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
Re: IGT I-Game won't take 'new' bills
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
You need to specify what validator you have, but for the most part, yes, the firmware can be upgraded, whether it is something you can do yourself depends on the validator you have.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline SteveXKR

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 05:41:27 PM »
Ok I pulled both of them and it looks like they are both slightly different.

Edit: I guess my pictures are too big so it wont let me upload - let me describe them while I'll try to resize them

1)  Above the green plastic bill entry slot has a sticker with a barcode (some long number) that has several bits of info including:
L0511184826, WBA-12-SS and USA-501-03-104
Once pulled out on the body has a barcode too and L0210066801, WBA-13-SS and USA-501-00-129
There's an 'old school IC' chip visible at the bottom (one that can be swapped out because it's in a socket) that says 'WBA 12 IDO24 V 3.75'

2) The second one also has a sticker/barcode above the bill entry slot (green plastic part) that reads:
807180374, WBA-11-SS and USA-501-03
the Body sticker says: 0301045913, WBA-12-SS and USA-501-24
This one actually has a newer surface mount chip (MXB994928, 29F040TC-90, 1B166B) in place where the other one has the replaceable chip.
Also on this one the row of dipswitches that is accessible from the side have a sticker on them that reads: 010502447

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
V3.80 will work for the new $100. The eprom can be replaced. the other one has to be flashed. A quick picture of the board in the transports would help but it sounds like you have one flash unit & & one eprom. PM sent.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline SteveXKR

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »
Lets see how this works..
When you say transport do you mean the whole enclosoure?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 07:48:49 PM »
You got it right. The bigger part is the transport & the cube shaped unit is the head. That is 1 eprom 13SS & 1 flash unit 12SS.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 03:21:35 PM »
The the WBA13 (the one with the removable eprom), you can just buy a chip with the correct firmware, for the other one you will need to find someone who can flash it for you (it's not something you can do without specific hardware to do so).  It is probably cheaper for you to buy a transport (WBA13) than it is to send your transport back and forth and pay to have it flashed.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline SteveXKR

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »
RB got me squared away with some upgrades - question - on the one where i swapped out the board I'm getting a communication error (though it sounds like it's kicking on etc..) guessing just a loose connection somewhere / one of them tiny plugs not in all the way?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2019, 06:02:39 PM »
Could be a bad connection or a bent pin. Check the bigger connector on the side. Be sure all dip switches are in the off position too.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal