New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S+ wba10 to wba13  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Rsims1970

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Rsims1970 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT S+ wba10 to wba13
« on: December 16, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
Have two IGT S+ machines with wba 10 BV. I got two wba 13 heads and transports to change out to be able to use newer bills. They say they have v3.60-03 and ido 22/23 chips.  When I got them I realized that the plugs were different on wba 10 and wba 13.  So I was hoping the software was in the wba head so I put the head from one of the wba 13 into the transport of the wba 10.  I put into the machine and when I turned it on the BV does not go thru the start up cycle.  It does nothing. I put the old head back into the wba 10 transport and tried it and the BV still does nothing on power up. The BV worked before I switched the heads.  I misplaced my set chip so cannot see if BV in inactive in the machine.  Still thought it would try to start up on power up.  Is it possible that the machine has lost that it has a BV attached. The machine works on coins. I have cables to switch to the wba 13 plug but would like to get it working with the wba 10 again before I switch to the wba13.  I do not want to do anything to the other machine till get this one working.  Do not want to mess it up.   

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S+ wba10 to wba13
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
You need 3.75-03i for the 12/13 & you have to change the harness on the back of the frame to accept the 12/13. Heads are interchangeable. I have everything you need PM if interested. 3.75 will accept everything but the new $100. Nothing newer is offered for the S Plus. You can NOT interchange 10/11 software with 12/13 or vice versa.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 06:44:04 PM »
Why would switching the heads make the unit not cycle on power up.  It worked before and now does not work with either head. Want to get working again with wba10 before going to the wba13.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 06:50:59 PM »
Who knows? It should work with either head provided the transport is good & the software is correct.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
Does the head hold any software in it. Or is all the software in the transport.  Is there a way to measure voltage on the pins behind the transport. What pins and what voltage should I see. This would be on a connector for a wba10.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 07:07:44 PM »
No software in the heads. Don't have the pinout info.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 07:19:21 AM »
Ok. Had bad BV power supply on machine. That has been replaced and now powers the new WBA 13 transports.  Have new issue.

One WBA 13 will not work in either machine. Here is what I have done so far.

Have swapped head in the transports. Issue stays with the bad transport.
Thinking I had a bad EPROM on transport I swapped EPROMs and issue stayed on bad transport
Have run the system test on bad transport and it will take the bills and flash the correct code for each bill 1 flash for $1 and 3 flashes for $5 and 4 flashes for $10. Does this in both the no cash can test and with cash can test.  Has no issues in test mode but will not accept any bill for credits to the machine.   I know it has to be in the transport since the working BV works in either machine. So it is not a machine set up issue.

Has anyone seen an issue before that a BV passes the bill test with or without cash can but will not take the bills for credits.  When I insert the bill the BV takes the bill in waits a couple of seconds and the sends it back out.

I have a new transport on order.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 08:01:26 AM »
Maybe the optics on the transport need cleaned.  There's 4 sets of optics. 1 on  each drive motor, 1 that is on the flip up door of the transport,  and 1 where the bill exits the  the bottom of the transport. Dust and smoke  !!

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 08:04:17 AM »
If the optics are bad or dirty could it still pass the BV Bill test mode.  It works fine in test mode.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 08:46:18 AM »
Check dip switches?

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 10:14:25 AM »
All dip switches in off position.  The unit passes all BV self and dip switch tests.  Does not work in either machine but other BV works in both machines.  Have swapped EPROMs and units, and head units.   Issue stays with the Transport.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 11:46:24 AM »
How far does the bill travel before it is rejected?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 12:25:18 PM »
It goes all the way in.  Bill stops and then a couple of seconds later it sends the bill back out. So weird that it works in test mode no issues.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 02:33:09 PM »
Have you tried cleaning the bill exit optics, the last optic before the bill drops into the cash can.
That optic must be completely clear, spray some glass cleaner on a Q-tip and use that to clean the optic.
Also, test mode ignores the cash can. Your cash can may be stiff, try lubing all moving parts inside the can with some light oil.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 02:54:10 PM »
Optics are cleaned. Have tested the optics and all pass.  Bill in test mode goes into cash can every time. Is there a handshake signal from the BV to the machine before the Bill is stacked in normal operation.  The unit test ok on all bills with the correct flashes for Bill denomination. Think the transport is bad if there is a handshake signal between BV to machine since this unit does not work in either machine but another BV works in both machines.

Offline Rsims1970

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 06:03:08 PM »
Issue resolved. New chassis fixed the issue.  Even though the chassis would pass all the self test and dip switch tests it would not add credits to the machine. New chassis with same head it works with no issues.  Adds credit to the machine. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal