New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: door optic elimination  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 110
  • Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
door optic elimination
« on: February 21, 2020, 07:54:30 PM »
I heard of a board mod to completely eliminate the door circuitry on the 504 boards does anyone know where this info could be found on here or was it the old site? I am not talking aboit optic bypass, I am referring to a mpu mod

Thanks

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 184
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: door optic elimination
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 08:14:13 PM »
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!Nepa Coin Op Is leading the good life!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 08:22:43 PM »
Thanks but thats not what I need Jim is the one that told me about it, there is a mod to eliminate all of that garbage and just put a switch on the board , it involves removing a bunch of ics and other things .

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!qbert Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »
Did you log on there are 3 pdf files on that post
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 386
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 08:53:02 PM »
I posted a file in the download section that I downloaded from a message here somewhere that I can't find.  It's too large to post, but since you're a contributing member you have access to it.  This is the mod that requires some removal of some IC's.  I tested it one of my bad boards and it does work.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4344

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:05:49 PM »
Tilt,
That is the pdf that is attached to the post I put up previously

Offline qbert

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
My bad that is different. Yours is the one I remember

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
  • Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!Tilt Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 09:12:08 PM »
I guess I'm blind, because I don't see it.  Just three .pdfs Jim posted that aren't the same as the one I uploaded.  I do not know who made this document, but thanks to them.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 09:13:59 PM »
I posted a file in the download section that I downloaded from a message here somewhere that I can't find.  It's too large to post, but since you're a contributing member you have access to it.  This is the mod that requires some removal of some IC's.  I tested it one of my bad boards and it does work.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=4344

Thats what I wanted THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 09:30:40 PM »
Glad to help.  You're welcome.

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 09:50:11 PM »
just did one and it works great. found the board has more probs now that the door closes LOL

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 10:14:03 PM »
Glad to help.  You're welcome.

you seem pretty familiar with these I have 2 boards here driving me nuts they wont clear 2nd amber is flashing, other boards in this cab are fine these 2 will not clear no matter what i do even with chips from those other boards, no acid damage on them either so obviously its a comm prob , I have changed most all of the buffers and decoders and one is still doing it, when I finally fix one I will fix both, any ideas ??

Offline Tilt

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »
I've never seen that problem.  I've fixed a few MPU's with reel tilt and constant main battery low issues.  It sounds like you've dug into it pretty deep, but the first things I'd verify are the clearchip, MPU CMOS RAM, and motherboard EEPROM. 

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 10:06:59 AM »
I have a few boards with the 2nd amber LED doing a slow flash but it doesn't seem to affect anything.
The games work fine and I can perform clears or change games without any problems.
Just wanted to add this to this discussion.
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Nepa Coin Op

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
I've never seen that problem.  I've fixed a few MPU's with reel tilt and constant main battery low issues.  It sounds like you've dug into it pretty deep, but the first things I'd verify are the clearchip, MPU CMOS RAM, and motherboard EEPROM.

Went through all of that, chips I had in another working board were used to test this one.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal