New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Slant Top Ready for the Dump?  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Eddiie

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 45
  • Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Slant Top Ready for the Dump?
« on: May 09, 2020, 12:05:11 PM »
Pull this PE+ out of storage the other day.  It does not look like it aged well.  There is corrosion (?) forming on parts of the metal.
Powered it up after checking the CMOS battery was OK, it appears as though the game still plays, no sound at the moment and the monitor appears to be dead.

Is the hopper supposed to do something?  It isn't.    The candle blinks rapidly, closing the top the play/hold/drop buttons seem to light up and sometimes go off, like the screen is showing different screens with different options.

I assume finding an LCD for this thing is more than the value of the machine,  is there anything left on here worth anything before it goes to the dump?
CRT's scare me.

Found a couple boards in the lower storage, one looks brand new.  The other, the battery exploded or something.

Offline Eddiie

• Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...Eddiie Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Slant Top Ready for the Dump?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
Here are some more pictures of the boards..  What games are these?

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 12:15:19 PM »
Last set of pics..

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »
The chips in the "DATA" and "PROGRAM" slots are what determine the game.  The MRO, MGO, MBO, and MXO chips, along with the CAPX chip, are the graphics chips to support the program.

The first board pictured is missing those chips (although it looks like you could eat off that board it's so clean!), so it has no software on it currently to run.

The IGT bible lists many of the PE+ video poker programs out there: http://newlifegames.net/igtbible/IGT%20Poker/Game%20Library%20-%20PE-Plus.htm

XM00006P is one of the Multi Poker sets.

X000514P is a Double Bonus Poker game.

It is possible to do a conversion to an LCD monitor yourself.  Since there's no touchscreen on a PE+, you can use any LCD computer monitor -- either an old one you have laying around, or a cheap used one from a local thrift store.  The process to convert the video is a little bit involved, though, although a friend of mine is currently working on creating a board to make the conversion significantly easier.  There is a sticky thread (here) in this section that shows what's involved in doing a conversion to LCD with the current knowledge we have on the topic.

As far as what the machine is or isn't doing, or the hopper not doing anything, it's really difficult to say what the machine should be doing without being able to see what the screen should be showing you.  Typically the hopper does not do anything until the player tells the machine to cash out accumulated credits, so it's fairly normal for it not to do anything when you turn on the machine.

If you decide against trying to bring the game back to life, the two non-contaminated boards, the chips from the contaminated board (program, data, MRO/MGO/MBO/MXO, and CAPX), the hopper, and the bill validator would all likely have some value to someone here as spare parts for their machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 11:29:12 PM »
Cool thank you for the information.

That one board is brand new, took it out of the wrapping to test the battery and take a picture.
So far I have received 2 offers on the boards and chips.

The LCD conversion, it does not look like anyone has attempted on a slant top. 

The LCD would be 15" or 13" like the monitor?

Really tempted to do this but there could be problem after problem with other parts too...

Offline KaPH33n

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • KaPH33n New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 07:35:42 PM »
I also have a slant top i'm trying to get working. Mine has a nickel hopper and no bill acceptor. If you do end up completely parting out this machine I might be interested in some parts. Quarter system might be retrofittable into mine? Bill acceptor probably is too... back up buttons could be useful. Too bad the monitor is not working... i would have liked the chassis.

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:29:47 PM »
Awwwwweee it went to the dump already.
I saved the bill validator and power supply but not sure it is worth anything since it is so old.

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »
Do you think the bill validator would fit in a large flat rate usps? I’m not positive I could get it to work with my machine but I could give it a try if you want to let it go cheap. Did you throw the game boards away?

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 08:37:41 PM »
Game boards are gone.

I think the parts will fit in a flat rate box.    There was PE  and PE+  I think the PE+ was meant for Bill Validators, whereas the PE's took addon boxes. 
This one fit in a compartment in the top box.   PM me.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 03:59:59 PM »
PEs didn't have bill validators. Early PE+ machines didn't have them, either, but were able to have them added with a "sidecar" box attached to the machine. Later PE+ machines had bill validators embedded inside the machine.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline KaPH33n

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
I see. My machine was born as a loose deuces but now says bonus poker on the glass. I haven’t gotten the game running again yet but should be working again soon. I would like to try getting back to the original game but who knows if that’ll happen.

Offline Eddiie

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 08:47:03 PM »
Do you think the bill validator would fit in a large flat rate usps? I’m not positive I could get it to work with my machine but I could give it a try if you want to let it go cheap. Did you throw the game boards away?

The BV unit fits in a large flat rate box but not sure if it is worth anything because it is so old.    It is in the box now...
If you want it, let me know.   Probably needs to go to recycler ..   I will hang on to it for 1 more week.

PM me,  or someone speak up if they know it is a lost cause please.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal