New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally 873 coin mech / fuse issue  (Read 1878 times)

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
Re: Bally 873 coin mech / fuse issue
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
take the burnt paper off the coil ... if you are lucky, the coil wire is broken at/near the solder lug - and it's not the wire end that goes into the inside of the coil so you can't get more slack - reattach the wire to the lug.  You often need to use some fine sandpaper to remove the insulating varnish to get to copper that the solder will stick to.

If not that lucky but you can see the broken wire on the outer surface of the coil, you can remove up to a few turns of wire and reattach.  A few turns won't affect the coil operation.

sometimes the black on the coil wire is from the burnt paper, not the insulation cooking off, but if the coil wire is torched and brittle, toss the coil.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 08:16:30 AM by wolftalk »

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:07 AM »
I installed the new coil this morning, and it resets & works well.

Almost everything back operational now, except:

I can manually hit the coin switch,  and machine operates normally, however the coin rejector stays  open, so all coins get dropped to the tray. 

What could be causing this issue?

Also,  the top cabinet component was difficult to remove initially.   When I plug that portion back in, it works, but doesn’t seem to seat as far in as it should causing the glass to be difficult to re-install.

Is there a way to lube the connections, or seat this part in a little further?[/size][size=78%] [/size]

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:36:26 AM by Phan000 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 06:26:55 AM »
I take and spray the female plugs with standard WD40, then take and wipe off the front the plug with a dry towel. I’ve been doing this for 15+ years, and it’s worked well. I do the same for all the female beau plugs. Other will disagree with me, but I’ve never had one issue, and all my machines come apart without a problem.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 241
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 07:07:45 AM »
I take and spray the female plugs with standard WD40, then take and wipe off the front the plug with a dry towel. I’ve been doing this for 15+ years, and it’s worked well. I do the same for all the female beau plugs. Other will disagree with me, but I’ve never had one issue, and all my machines come apart without a problem.
:I_agree_1: That is the correct way to use WD40, it is a great solvent, DO NOT use as a lube.  You must WIPE IT OFF after use or it will gunk up everything.

Offline wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 07:27:24 AM »
for the coin lockout problem, below is the schematic for the 873-ZC which is likely the same as your machine.

you need the coin lockout coil to be powered for a coin to be accepted.

the coin relay switch and the "line unit open on 4th step" switch are redundant for coins 2 and 3.  If flicking the coin switch to reset/enable the first line doesn't allow a coin to be acceptedthat leaves the 5th coin jackpot relay switch - check/clean that switch (white/brown 56-3 wire to yellow/red 31-1 wire).   Could also be a poor plug connection.

I guess if the 5th coin jackpot relay is on the insert, then given your problem getting the insert seated, the plug connection is more likely.

you can test with a voltmeter.  One probe on the solid orange wire 70 on the line unit step-up or reset coils, the other probe on the white/brown wire on the open at 4th step switch.  You should see 50VAC.

yellow/red wire 31-1 goes from the 5th coin jackpot relay switch thru pin 6 on an insert plug and pin 6 on a front door plug to the coin lockout coil.  You can leave one meter probe on orange wire 70 and poke 31-1 at all those spots to see where the 50V disappeared.

you can also wiggle the insert and see if the lockout coil powers :-)

Offline Phan000

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.Phan000 Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 07:51:07 AM »
The coin mechanism was not seated just right and was blocking the reject arm.  All set.

Cleaned the  connections on the top assembly and it slid right in.

Works perfectly,  hopefully for a good while anyhow.

I really appreciate all the helpful comments!  Thanks again to all contributors, and particularly to wolftalk for nailing the problem.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 08:25:32 AM by Phan000 »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
You see in the pic that I cropped how the male pins on the beau plug have the White tarnish on them. That’s usually the first thing that I clean up on any EM project I get. That tarnish can be a major part of some issues with the games. I have a small wire wheel on my Dremel that works great For cleaning them up. I spray the same WD40 On the male pins, then hit them with the wire wheel, and wipe dry when finished. This is information for the next one you decide to do. If youR like the majority of us, once you fix one, you’ll want to do a second and a third.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal