New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Need help BALLYS 831  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Urreliefishere

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Urreliefishere New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Need help BALLYS 831
« on: March 21, 2021, 09:25:50 PM »
obviously,  I'm new to this.
I picked up 2 slot machines. From what I can tell one is 831.
I picked them up from a friend of a friend while looking for a working slot machine.
The story of both machines is that after having a garage sale, some kids Jimmy'd
Them open to get the money out to buy ice cream. They have been sitting in the shed
Ever since. The price was too good to pass up...$100 each.
I have some friends standing by to do what it takes to get them operational.
There aren't any keys for either one.
My question is what manuals do I need and how to get keys.
It looks like the part that locks it is bent.
OH and one. Of them the reel is fallen off of where it goes.
I feel silly not knowing the correct lingo, but am willing and excited to learn.

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
Re: Need help BALLYS 831
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 01:31:56 AM »
There are no standard keys - you need to replace the lock - load pics when you get the machines

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 07:40:04 AM »
When you're ready to work on them, please create INDIVIDUAL posts for each machine in the "BALLY EM" category. The members will likely ask for some photos. So, be ready to take and add pictures to your post. If they're too big, just E mail them to yourself from the phone since most phones give you the option to reduce size. But keep them large as possible.
Manuals aren't going to make much sense at this point. Just start with one machine, create a post and explain best what the machine does or doesn't do.

:NLG_WELCOME:
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:27:34 AM »
There are no standard keys - you need to replace the lock - load pics when you get the machines

thank you for letting me know that. you saved me some time searching for something that doesn't exist.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:30:29 AM »

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 09:33:58 AM »
The members will likely ask for some photos. So, be ready to take and add pictures to your post. If they're too big, just E mail them to yourself from the phone since most phones give you the option to reduce size. But keep them large as possible.

:NLG_WELCOME:

this is very helpful as i did attempt to post the pictures already, but the error said it was too big. I did what you said and yes that worked!

Online wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 171
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2021, 07:28:19 PM »
there's a plate below the handle on each machine.  The top number on the plate is the model number.  Pics are fine.

if you want to send the highest possible resolution pictures to slotpics@cdyn.com, I'll downsize them and post them for you.   You can open the front, or are the doors still locked?

pics of the inside are needed to evaluate if anything is missing or damaged.

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 127
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2021, 09:01:58 PM »
Wonderful machine and the price was right.
Better yet you have two that a fairly similar and you will be able to compare.

For machines that haven’t been played for a long time.

Check the fuses, power cord for damage near the exit opening.
Also the two main components the reels and hopper mechanisms.
Look for burn marks, non factory black tape connections,
loose wires, missing springs, jammed coins and globs of grease.
Post anything obvious for help and or suggestions.

If everything looks to be okay, power up the machine.
Let it warm up for 10 minutes, listen for any loud buzzing, smoke or the smell of smoke.
Soft humming and or buzzing is normal.

Insert a coin "good luck" pull the handle.
From this point on the machine will give clues to what is or is not working.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 10:33:47 PM »
Wonderful machine and the price was right.
Better yet you have two that a fairly similar and you will be able to compare.

For machines that haven’t been played for a long time.

Check the fuses, power cord for damage near the exit opening.
Also the two main components the reels and hopper mechanisms.
Look for burn marks, non factory black tape connections,
loose wires, missing springs, jammed coins and globs of grease.
Post anything obvious for help and or suggestions.

If everything looks to be okay, power up the machine.
Let it warm up for 10 minutes, listen for any loud buzzing, smoke or the smell of smoke.
Soft humming and or buzzing is normal.

Insert a coin "good luck" pull the handle.
From this point on the machine will give clues to what is or is not working.

Neither one of them. Powered on. I tried that before I saw this. I know that one of them. When I tried to close the door then the lights and some alarms came on. Or sounds. But then went off just as fast. The reels on the other one. Are off, I don't know how to put that back on. Is there some kind of glue? I do have pictures of the inside. Right now I'm waiting. To get them, my friend picked them up and will be bringing them this week. They worked before. And they will again thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 10:52:21 PM by Urreliefishere »

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!DavidLee Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 06:41:53 AM »
Very bottom near the left side is a slide bar.
After plugging in the machine push it in.

There might be some sort of security system on the machine that was making the sounds.
Look for a button on the right side inside the machine. Usually near the bottom, sometimes center.
Most the time its silver and heavy duty.
See if pressing it in makes a difference.
If the sound stops, lightly press down on the coin in switch wire.
Its location is near the center of the door. This will simulate a inserted coin.

Photos of the inside and the inside of the door would help.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 07:38:49 AM »
Please forgive my lack of Netek it. I don't have time to quote every single time I come on here. I hope you guys are OK with that. Anyhow, the wires look good as far as there is only the black electric tape. Around it and all the other ones are bundled. I'm giving a picture of that now. And then also there's a picture showing an onoff relay or something. I don't know if that is, but there is a. It looks like there's a connection missing. I'm not sure. I'll see if I can circle it for you. Thank you again.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »
I think only one picture made it through that time for some reason, but it did make it through. And to answer the question, the doors on both of them are open at this time, and it's because those  door closers or whatever They are called.are bent, don't know what those are called. Those.bars. And in response to. The sounds that I heard they were more prized when he sounds and not alarms. I misspoke when I said alarm, but it was a good sound.In hindsight, I'm glad they I'm glad did it because it saved more and I'm sure it's much easier to work on the doors open does the power and will it stay on with The. doors open

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 07:50:15 AM »
I apologize, I'm also having problems with my phone. I dropped it one too many times and I have to use speech to text. So they don't have a T. Sorry if some things don't make sense. Welcome to my world. Just kidding.

Online wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!wolftalk Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 08:20:05 AM »
you may want to have two topic/threads going ... one for each machine.

it looks like you have some version of an 831 and some version of a 742A.  There's significant differences between those games and mixing info from both will confuse us old guys :-)

it also helps to take the pics from a little further back so there's some context about what we are looking at.

I assume your post 10 pic is the coin switch on the 742A machine, but the trip wire is missing so when a coin exits the acceptor mech it nothing happens.  The wire color on the switch is odd tho ... all the schems I have for 742A machines show yellow and blue/red wires on the coin switch.  The third coin switch terminal is not used on 742A machines, but it is used on pretty much every other model slot bally made.

the door locks are basically these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLY-SLOT-MACHINE-DOOR-LOCK-WITH-BALLY-CAM-FREE-SHIPPING/161250411338

if you still have the locks but no keys ... and the cam piece is still there ... you can save a couple bucks getting locks without the cams.  Once you have the bar on the door operating by the key, straighten the hooks on the cabinet and you should be good for getting the door closed.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:10:08 AM by wolftalk »

Online shortrackskater

• Mark
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 268
  • shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!shortrackskater Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2021, 08:39:13 AM »
you may want to have two topic/threads going ... one for each machine.

YES... wolftalk is correct and that's why I requested this in REPLY #2
Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline DavidLee

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2021, 09:43:01 AM »
The photo in reply 10 is a coin count switch for the drop box.

Coin-in switch (see attached photo) can be used to simulate a coin drop.
This is handy when working on a machine.

The lock bar latch seems a little bit bent.
This can be straightened as to line up with the adjacent slots.

Offline Karloz25

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Karloz25 New User has no influence.
  • Bally EM
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2021, 10:34:14 PM »
Please forgive my lack of Netek it. I don't have time to quote every single time I come on here. I hope you guys are OK with that. Anyhow, the wires look good as far as there is only the black electric tape. Around it and all the other ones are bundled. I'm giving a picture of that now. And then also there's a picture showing an onoff relay or something. I don't know if that is, but there is a. It looks like there's a connection missing. I'm not sure. I'll see if I can circle it for you. Thank you again.

Just trying to help out here, from another newbie... lol.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zippy-Microswitch-used-for-switch-function-in-most-arcade-coin-door-mech-s-/332308094071?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

eBay has the part your missing for under $5.00
When testing the machine, that switch is very handy as it simulate a coin drop.

Online wolftalk

• Topic Moderator
  • NLG
    • doc stash
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »
davidlee  identified the microswitch as the one in the coin path going to the cash box (when hopper is full).  The only thing that switch does is increment a cash box meter ... if the game even has one.  Only using two terminals of the three is correct.

it's not needed, so replacing the trip wire so it works doesn't matter.

fixed tiny font problem
~moderator
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 08:15:05 AM by shortrackskater »

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2021, 06:43:09 AM »
Ok...the 2 machines found their way to me yesterday...I will attempt to create 2 different topics and post pictures...the bally one came on after pressing one of those silver buttons...all the lights are Coming on and it is sounding an alarm. To stop all the commotion, I pressed that button. Again...since then I can't reproduce that Behavior.

Offline Urreliefishere

• NLG
Re: Need BALLYS 831
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2021, 04:10:34 AM »
Am having trouble with this:that thingy doesn’t fit in that there and the gear is touching the machine...can’t get it out...what to do?
You’ll see in the picture...sorry I just found my way back to where this was.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal