New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT Triple cash quarter 3 coin play 61 code  (Read 4812 times)

Offline excjim

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • excjim New User has no influence.
  • NLG
IGT Triple cash quarter 3 coin play 61 code
« on: September 06, 2014, 03:58:25 PM »
Am unable to clear a 61 code on this machine.  Followed guidelines of holding in the test button for 3 seconds got the 61-1, close the door and turn the reset switch, what should I expect to happen next the code sheet doesn't say...it does go back to the 61.....does the game chip need replacing it this happens and if so does anyone have one......thanks

Offline idylewild1

• Supporting Vendors
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.idylewild1 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
    • samronslots.com
Re: IGT Triple cash quarter 3 coin play 61 code
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
It sounds like you will need to clear memory.

Offline excjim

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 04:20:06 PM »
Willing to try anything....how do I do that?

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 447
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:49:52 PM »
To perform a clear you will need a clear chip.  What is SP chip are you using? 
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline excjim

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:24:51 PM »
Okay I will admit I I'm dumb where is the SP chip located so I can tell you?  Sorry but IGT are a lot different from my Ballys that I have and trying to learn.....

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 07:24:31 PM »
Pull the MPU board out, there are only 2 eproms on the board, and should be labeled accordingly.  One is an SPxxxx and the other is an SSxxxx. Or you could follow the directions on the FAQ.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline rickds

• rickds New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 07:03:01 PM »
Sorry to jump in but OP's issue is exactly the issue I'm having and they seem to be almost identical machines. Just replaced the battery to clear an error 12 code. Upon putting the board back in I get the 61 error and everything else the OP said. It's a Double Diamond instead of Triple Cash, but it's a 3 coin multiplier as well.

The two EPROMs appear to be SS3632 and SP872.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 08:01:22 PM »
You will need to clear your machine with a clear chip to get out of that loop.

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »
Would that be just a general IGT clear RAM chip or would I need a specific one? I was confused on that because you asked the other person for their SP chip number and didn't know if certain chips needed specific clear chips.

And I won't need a set chip as well? Looking around I'm getting confused as some people with the same issue get told they need one while others they don't. This thread here seemed to be similar to my issue and they said they used both.
http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=593.5

I see a couple sets of IGT RAM clear and bill validator (that's the set chip, right?) online for about $15, that should do the trick, right? I've just never messed with one of these machines before and don't want to screw anything up that costs more or can't be fixed.

Just noticed your name, funny little coincidence.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
You need a clear chip for an S+ and a set chip for an S+ to re-enable the bill validator.  $15 sounds about right for the S+ clear/set chip combo, the ones for an S2000 usually run higher than that.  The reason I ask what SP chip is being used, it's because sometimes you can just use a different SP chip that is considerably different than the one being used to clear that error.  In your case, if you used something like an SP1271, it might clear what we call the "61 loop."  I've had the 61 loop happen to me in 3 occassions in all cases I was able to clear the error using the different SP chip strategy, although it doesn't work all the time.  You cannot cause further damage to a machine by using a clear chip.  On the S+ the default settings result in a functioning stand alone machine, unlike an S2000 where you must re-do the correct setting to get rid of some errors before the machine will play.

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »
Thanks. I think the S2000 things are what I was thinking about when worried about messing it up further. I still don't know for sure if I'll need the set chip but went ahead with getting the combo. Will update once they come in with whether it fixes the 61 loop or not.

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
If you have a bill validator, you will need the setchip to re-enable it.  It is the only way to change that setting, since a clear will disable it.

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 03:39:25 AM »
Alright, glad I got the combo then as the machine does have one. I figured it would be better to just order it and have it instead of waiting to see if I needed it and spending more money and time getting it separately.

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
The chips worked and the 61-1 loop is cleared, though now I have another issue so starting a new thread.

EDIT: Or actually, it may just be needing to set it back up, so I'm going to search around first. Turning on the machine gives me 0 in the credits played area and then the reels will spin and stop near triple sevens. Pressing test goes through the numerous display stuff and either turning the machine off/on or turning the reset key will go back to the 0 in the credits and reels spinning and stopping.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:45:12 PM »
Good job!!!glad you got the loop fixed. Now, start anew thread and tell us what the game is NOT doing properly!  :applause: :applause:
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Offline Ron (r273)

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 74
  • Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.Ron (r273) Has a powerful will.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 08:30:24 AM »
Am unable to clear a 61 code on this machine.  Followed guidelines of holding in the test button for 3 seconds got the 61-1, close the door and turn the reset switch, what should I expect to happen next the code sheet doesn't say...it does go back to the 61.....does the game chip need replacing it this happens and if so does anyone have one......thanks

Did you get your machine working?
I'm retired....My job is having a good time with my slots.   Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 10:58:18 PM »
Turning on the machine gives me 0 in the credits played area and then the reels will spin and stop near triple sevens. Pressing test goes through the numerous display stuff and either turning the machine off/on or turning the reset key will go back to the 0 in the credits and reels spinning and stopping.

Where they're stopping just off of the triple 7s is normal after a clear.  At that point, the machine is waiting for you to insert a coin to start playing.

If you have a bill validator, you'll need to re-enable it before the machine will even attempt to accept bills.  Instructions on how to do so can be found here.
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rickds

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 05:20:50 AM »
Where they're stopping just off of the triple 7s is normal after a clear.  At that point, the machine is waiting for you to insert a coin to start playing.

If you have a bill validator, you'll need to re-enable it before the machine will even attempt to accept bills.  Instructions on how to do so can be found here.

Yes, that's where they are stopping. The bill validator has been re-enabled, but thanks for the link.

Did you get your machine working?

Somewhat, yes. I've created my own topic on the current issue it's having here, as the issue is no longer similar to the OPs in this thread.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal