New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Sigma SG-50 power supplies replacement help  (Read 3197 times)

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
Re: Sigma SG-50 power supplies replacement help
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2023, 01:46:53 PM »
Swap reel 1 and reel 3.
If you still get a reel 3 message then it is a driver on the main computer board.
If you get a reel 1 error then it is due to a defective reel unit.
Try blowing out the reel optics with some canned air and see if that helps.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline newkid3

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2023, 03:08:55 PM »
I tried blowing the reels out with canned air and it did not help. I noticed when I reset the machine number 1 and number 2 reel LED's will blink when the reel passes by the reel optics. But on number 3 the LED does not blink. So then I swapped 1 and 3 reels and I still get (NO SPIN 3) error. The LED still did not blink on reel 3. So does that mean it is on the main computer board? If it is a driver can that be fixed? I have some soldering experience. Is there anything else I need to check or do? Thanks

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 42
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
  • Keep tinkering until it works!
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2023, 03:55:12 PM »
I am not an expert but I can say I have experienced reel issues on a Sigma game. There are two common trends that causes reel-spin issues (that I know about):

1. The factory clips that hold the ribbon cable along the door comes off. When the door closes the ribbon drags on the reel. If there is ANY resistance on the reel, the machine detects that as an attempt to cheat and stops the game. Look very carefully for any obstruction or drag when the door is closed.
2. The motors can go out. But I highly doubt the motor gave you one spin and then burned out.

Tell me this, if you open the door with the game turned on, are the reels locked tight? Are the motors all holding the reels?  Don't force them but they won't spin freely like when the game is turned off. if the motors are working properly you won't be able to spin them when the game is energized. Plus, if the motors are holding the reels, that means they are most likely working.  They are stepper motors so they usually work or don't work.

Also, There are 3 keys on the side, one is for Reset, one is for pay out, one Displays the previous spins. If I recall you need to do the reset key before the game will play properly. But since it took a coin and spun that is a good sign. It's telling you that there is a reel issue so focus on that for now.

Offline newkid3

• newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.newkid3 Is working their way up.
  • NLG
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2023, 10:58:13 PM »
Want to clear this up incase my post was confusing. All three reels spin. When I put the coin in and it registered and then hit the start button all 3 reels spun the same but only for maybe 3 or 4 seconds and then stopped. Then the machine started making the error sound and top light started blinking. Then the (NO SPIN 3) error came up on door along with (TILT) light. I have not been able to clear this error. Well I can clear it but it comes right back. If I open the door and turn the reset key it clears the error and all 3 reels start spinning and stop again with sound, error and tilt. It is like the reel optics is not reading it in a certain amount of time and the error comes back. The number 3 reel optic is not reading it I am pretty sure because the LED light never does blink like the number 1 and 2 reels do. I know it's not the LED bulb on the reel because it does the same thing on two different reels in the 3rd position. It also would not be the optics because both reels work in number 1 position. What all could make the optic not read the reel? Is there something on the main computer board that would keep the optic from reading? Would it be a driver in this situation?  Thanks

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
  • Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...Chris-socal Might someday be someone...
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2023, 04:54:46 AM »
Yup, sounds like what Badbaud said, likely a problem on the main board. Driver or optics controller. Badbaud would know more about the board. I would start by doing a close inspection of every component on the board and look for damage, corrosion or bad cap.

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2023, 06:01:23 AM »
It could be time to send the board to me so I can put it on m Sigma board tester and find and replace the bad driver IC.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2023, 07:10:42 AM »
The NLG File System has a manual

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2023, 09:10:07 AM »
I have a manual on my tablet. Well I was trying to decide if I was going to send the board off for repair or buy a good used board someone on here offered me. So I was thinking with all the testing I had done it had to be the board or ribbon cable. So I decided I was going to check continuity on that ribbon cable for reel 3 before I did anything. Well I found two wires of the ten had been completely chewed through and part of the wires missing. The other 8 wires tested good. The weird thing is there is still a good wire between the two that got chewed on. I guess a friendly mouse was in there at some time. Hopefully I can repair the wires and it take care of the issue. No wonder the reel was not reading. Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2023, 01:13:27 PM »
Got the ribbon cable repaired and the machine is up and running. I was only able to mess with it a few minutes after I got it all back together. The hopper works. Everything seems to pretty much work. I did notice one thing. If I put 3 nickels in it they register as they should on each one. But if I insert a forth nickel it goes to the hopper but does not give me a credit. Anyone know what could cause this?  Also it seems like one of the reel strips is a little off. Can they move and be adjusted on these machine reels? Like maybe it has moved some. Thanks

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2023, 04:52:09 AM »
Congratulations, it feels good when you identify the cause of malfunction.
Mine did the same thing when you inserted an extra coin but it issued the credit after you played the first 3 coins. Kinda weird. If I recall ( it has been a few years since I sold mine) if you press the button to retain credit instead of paying out it will acknowledge the coin when you first put it in.

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2023, 08:45:18 AM »
Chris-socal, you know after you said that it made me remember. When I stuck the 4th coin in and then I hit start. When that spin was over the start button lite back up and I was able to hit start again without inserting another coin. So it did give me the credit but just showed up later. Do you know can the reel strips on these machines move some and you need to do something to get the strip lined back up to Pay line correctly? One of mine seems to be off by maybe a 1/2 or less. Thanks

Offline Chris-socal

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2023, 11:45:28 AM »
That I do not know , I can honestly say I have never messed with reel strips. I considered myself fortunate. Badbaud might know. I don’t know if you need to physically shift the strips or if there is an electronic nudge function.

Chris

Offline newkid3

• NLG
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2023, 12:52:05 AM »
I got to mess with the slot machine some today. It is working good. The reel strip was not off adjustment. I think I might have a bulb out in the candle. I am pretty sure one of the lights should come on when I press the change button but it does not. I guess the other one should come on when I open the door. Is this correct? I need to check all of the button lights. I guess I will just have to find out what bulbs I need when I get in there. I also need to clean it up good now. Thanks

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal