New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: v5500 - monitor issues??  (Read 9326 times)

Offline GOS

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 84
  • GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
v5500 - monitor issues??
« on: March 28, 2015, 08:50:59 AM »
Converting v5500 from 220 to 110v - using a E122-223C transformer (110v) I got from John (rudysdeals) and converting the Power Supply to 110 (moving the jumper) i am not getting monitors to work correctly (some are dead) some only display partial screens - using different cpus - different monitors.  The monitors were sitting for years - not used much as there are no monitor burn - even tried a new monitor with same result.  I am hoping it is just the ceronix chassis?  The game plays - just the monitors are as shown in attached picture. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:30:31 PM by GOS »

Offline Amechanic

• Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: v5500 - monitor issues??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »
Just a quick thought.. It could be a jumper setting on the Ceronix chassis. I know they can be setup for different machines from CEI to the Brunswick bowling auto scoring units used in Bowling centers.. I'm thinking there could be a jumper setting to help fix the video problem? I have contacted Ceronix in the past by email with a question and picture, and a Tech member has helped me trouble shoot a problem.. Have you tried testing one of the V5500 still setup for 220V, using 220V to see if it correct? I know you said you changed the power supply's jumper plug from 220 to 110, but be could it have something to do with the power supply..

Gary
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline GOS

• GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.GOS Is a force to reckon with.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »
i will check the ceronix manual - there are board jumpers for different applications but don't remember anything regarding 110v/220v.  I did try a new power supply as well to no avail.  Just seems stange that the monitor display would not allow any vertical adjustment - yet horiz etc work.  I did try 5 monitors - 2 were dead - 3 had the exact same symptoms - including an new monitor.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 07:23:37 AM »
i checked the Ceronix manual and find no reference to 110v/220v operation - the jumpers on the 1492-G all have the correct configuration for Bally operation.  On the schematic for the V5500 there is a CAUTION BOX stating "BE SURE TO CHECK POWER SUPPLY STRAP FOR 220 or 110 VOLT OPERATION"  = I assume that means the JUMPER at TB3 as defined on the label on the front of the power supply itself.  The only questionable part is the TRANSFORMER - documentation states E122-223 - the ones I got from John are E122-223(C) which state 110/120 60Mz  EIA 549-9379 OPEN SEC VOLT 120v 20v 8.85v USE 2.5 AMP PROTECTOR  RATED 1Aac 4Adc 2.5Aac. 
So using one game (cabinet) - same transformer - different power supplies (110) different CPUS and different monitors -  some monitors are dead - the ones that work - I can't adjust the horiz as shown in the post earlier - some monitors show duplicate image - game plays correctly.  Contacting Ceronix is impossible - they don't reply - but when you send them the chassis and they can repair - the price is fantastic. 

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 10:47:54 AM »
I had pretty good luck last fall with Ceronix. I was contacted by a Lisa Teal. She put me in contact with a tech thru email that helped me with a Ceronix conversion to work in my IGT. I had a wide problem that we solved. Maybe I just got lucky?
Well since you have tried so many part in the same cabinet with the new 110V transformer, from 220V, that the E122-223 (C) is just slightly different, maybe as simple how they pin out a molex plug? You deffently have a voltage problem if you can't get proper screen size. Do you have a 220V power source to try one with the 220V setup? That way you would know if your working with good parts.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 02:31:27 PM »
all the plugs are the 2 pin european 220 - don't have any 220v handy - will try my luck again with Ceronix - see if they respond - thank you.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
Barry,
Check the pin out of your transformer.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
hey robert how are you doing?   thank you for the wire diagram - shouldn't the transformer just be a plug and play?

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:38 AM »
It should be, but check the voltages in and out of the transformer just to confirm.
I had a pack of 220V Gamemakers from a ship and had to convert them to 110v. Finding the transformers was difficult at that time but I did come up with about 8 of them. Also some of my machines with dead monitors was the connector going to the monitor. If you don't see a monitor flash when powering off check the monitor connector.

Hope this helps.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 04:05:41 AM »
Will give it a try - my symptoms are the vert size does not work - horiz does - so I can't get the screen to fill properly.  this is for all the monitors that I have tried.   Sent 2 chassis off to my tech in vegas and he found a lot of issues - will see when I get them back.  If they work - then my ordeal is over - if not - then ??
the transformers are e122-223 (c)  with the "c" being a ?

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
Barry,    here is my 2 cents,  download the manual 1492,  go to page 3 , it states that the monitor is designed to work on either 50 or 60 hertz.  so as long as the transformer is providing the isolated 115vac for the monitor, then it is doing what it should be doing.

If you go to page 37 of the same manual, it talks about the vertical deflection and certain solder pads to change the frequency range of the adjustment. I don't know anything about monitor circuitry  so this is out of my comfort zone, perhaps someone who has that knowledge could chime in and suggest something. It also states that the range is good for either 50 or 60 hertz.

But I do think that if the transformer is putting out 115vac to the monitor, then the problem is with the monitor chassis, or something to do with the solder pads. the back of the manual has all the listings for all manufactures per the solder pads.

Hope this helps

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 01:05:46 PM »
Thanks for your 2 cents - appreciated especially in these hard times - not sure if you read all my posts -  getting down to dotting all the Is - have 3 monitor chassis being returned after REPAIRS - 2 were repaired in LV and 1 by Ceronix.   Both repairers indicated they found PROBLEMS - and REPAIRED.  so if the problem I am having is only the chassis - then the 3 repaired should work and I can start getting these puppies up and running and SOLD.  IF NOT - back to square 1 - I do have a way of testing these as 220v just don't want to risk it unless I need to  prove I have voltage problems.  Time will tell

Offline rokgpsman

• Resigned NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 278
  • rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!rokgpsman Is an-NLG GOD!
  • Just a curious observer...
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 01:13:17 PM »
When you get those repaired monitors back hopefully it will have a detailed description of what they found and fixed. For them to test them I'd think they'd have to set them up for 115v 60hz power, unless they have a special bench power supply for 220v/50hz. As a customer you can always call & talk to them about it, get their take on what needs to be done to the other monitors you have as far as input power jumpers and transformer strapping.

Good Luck!

If you've benefited from this website or been helped by the friendly NLG folks that volunteer their time please make a donation of any amount to help keep the website running. Thanks! Donate Here

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
both of my repairers have responded that they found issues - Ceronix replied :
I’ve been able to repair the Chassis you sent in. It looks like the problem was an old H PRA and possibly the LA7851 chip Loc. 218. The H PRA is a known issue, over time it fails but the LA7851 chip failing is a mystery. And Im not sure how it could be bad on all of the chassis you have unless something is frying it.

Im going to send it back for you to check on your machine. We don’t have the games available to check the old CRT boards. I check them out with a pattern generator. 

The one I sent ceronix was DEAD - no mention of 110/220 issues - I explained that the monitor WAS in a 220v enviroment and I am converting to 110v - this statement did not prompt any comment from ceronix.  Their repair will be delivered on TUES

SOLVED!!!!  my thanks to K-Lar (larry and Alan) fixed the 2 chassis i sent - installed and UP AND RUNNING - I was skeptical that it would be the monitors as they LOOKED LIKE NEW - they did sit for 20 years after minimal usage. When I get a chance I will post the repairs done for future use. 
To recap - all i had to do was find the correct transformer E122-223 (John Haas) and move a jumper on the power supply - to convert to 110/120v -  the monitors were just a side issue. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 01:34:52 PM by GOS »

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
Barry,

Glad to hear you got the problem solved.. I was just working on a 1492 Ceronix for my IGT PE and I noticed this 220v setting on the board. (See pic).. I can't wait to see the finished product..

Gary
And remember...

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:07 AM »
will post picture of my board - but that setting didn't seem to be an issue on the 2 repairers (ceronix and K-lar).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 09:35:57 AM by GOS »

Offline Badbaud

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 305
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 12:16:10 PM »
If you don't see 4 diodes near the main filter caps (and a jumper cut underneath) the monitor is set for 120VAC 50/60 Hz
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:30 PM »
Correct,  even the 220V transformer that you had in those machines was supplying 115V to the monitor.
See the schematic that I posted above.

Offline GOS

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 04:02:22 PM »
actually they used a 226 rather than 224 transformer - really a mute point now - since I have the correct transformer - still waiting on John Haas to deliver the quantity I need.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 07:28:07 PM »
Did K-Lar find the same components defective as Ceronix did?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal