New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Game Magic EPROM CHANGE Cannot Continue Error  (Read 2168 times)

Offline mrSidX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
Game Magic EPROM CHANGE Cannot Continue Error
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
Ok, so I think this error occurred last time I took out the CD to see if I can somehow toggle Freeplay mode via the software settings, and maybe create a new boot CD but this isn't made easyily lol... I have a Software Eng background and I was just curious what was on the CD anyways, BUT:

as it turns out, after fixing my poker machine, I am now able to focus a little more on rewiring its door optics and as I booted the machine up, I got a SAFERAM RESET tilt, and thought no biggie, I been through that before... then as I did the reset, It kinda hung on me and didn't continue, as someone mentioned you only need to toggle 1 and 8 ON on DSW1, tried and got that issue... BUT then tried again with ALL the switches up as someone mentioned in a diamond in the rough post, I got the thing to reset, reporting successful / complete...

I pulled out the board and switched all the DSW1 pins back down, and reboot... This time I am getting a EPROM change error...

Might I note that I am waiting on a fresh battery to come in... They are taking forever to lolly gag and ship, when their shipping said it would be delivered by now...  :soapbox_3: Ebay.

I don't know but I have a feeling that taking out the CD , perhaps turning it on without the CD, may have toggled this error.

If anyone familiar with the GameMagics, and with any guidance, please help me figure out this hurdle that I possibly caused for myself.

Do I need a Game Maker Ram Clr Chip for this boo-boo?[/size][size=78%] [/size]

Thanks guys for your as usual useful help!!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:36:56 AM by Ron (r273) »

Offline mrSidX

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • mrSidX New User has no influence.
Re: Game Magic EPROM CHANGE Cannot Continue Error
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 07:18:20 PM »
This was resolved with a fresh battery and a SAFERAM reset.

Offline CVslots

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 156
  • CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!CVslots Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
    • Central Valley Slots
Re: Game Magic EPROM CHANGE Cannot Continue Error
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:25:21 PM »
Glad you got it running! Not to be an "I told you so", but I think I remember tellig you to get a fresh battery before stressing about other errors, as a low battery can often give faulty error messages. Lesson learned for all...
Email: Sales@CentralValleySlots.com

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal