New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E2096 blowing fuse  (Read 1904 times)

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 137
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Bally E2096 blowing fuse
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:18:04 PM »
I have a E2096-138 that will accept coins and spin, reel 3 does not stop and I get a 43 error.  I replaced reel reader w/spare one but still get 43 code.
Other major problems:
1.  I keep blowing the fuse second down in the right roll (see attached pic)  Fuse only blows if the connector in the middle of pic 2 is connected.
2.  none of the smaller bulbs work on the door.

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!rjpohl Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E2096 blowing fuse
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:10:34 AM »
I think I might have a transformer problem but not sure where or how to check it.

Took reading at power supply on back wall and all 3 voltages are good.

I pulled the fuse block (6 fuses, all checked good).  I took a voltage reading on each fuse, results below:

top left 9.8 volts
top right 7.9 volts
middle left no reading
middle right 55 volts
bottom left no reading
bottom right 5.6 volts

I have no small lights working on door or top box, fan runs, accepts coins, reels spin, have meter and florescent bulbs

am leaning toward replacing transformer????

thanks
Bob

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 07:15:34 AM »
Error 43 could be caused due to the reel assembly needing lubricated. Take the reels out and check the large black cross shft and see if you can rotate with your fingers EASILY.  Then check the small black cross shaft to see if it rotates easily. If either are frozen or are difficult to rotate with your fingers , this is the cause of 43 code.
At what point  does the fuse blow? Maybe the coil at the 3rd reel is shorted?

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:20 AM »
I believe I found the problem blowing the fuses.  I found a wire on one of the fuses that was touching another wire.  Repaired that and have not blown any more fuses.
thanks

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 11:09:58 AM »
Did this fix your lights problem? Check your plugs wiring for the reel reader #3 and at the control boards mounted on the back side of the reels front panel. You also want to check the two molex plugs wires and pin connectors are seated into the plugs on the male and female side. I can’t tell you how many wires I’ve found loose or broken. Have you run test 2 to see if the 3rd reel stop solenoid works. Will reel 3 stop using test 8?? I agree about checking the cross shafts all of them for no binding or stick parts. Also a slow spinning reel can cause a error code. You might want to put a few drops of oil in the 3rd reel hubs oil hole.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
Still no lights.
Test 2:  all 3 solenoids pull in
Test 8:  all 3 reels lock up

thanks

Offline Amechanic

• Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 01:03:09 PM »
Have you checked your fuses with a meter. Take them out of the fuse holders and test them. Give the fuse holders a visual looking over. They break inside. If that test good then check for 6V at the blue wire of the light sockets.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 01:18:24 PM »
Gary, you're right on.  I checked all 6 fuses, the one on top right appeared good but checked bad.  Sticker called for 8 amp fuse.  I put a 5 in and it blew in about 10 seconds, replaced with 10 amp (don't have any 8 amp) and left on for a few minutes w/o it blowing.  Now I guess I need to figure out the problem with reel 3. 
should I switch reel readers 2 and 3 to see if problem follows the reader?

thanks
Bob

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 01:47:43 PM »
Everything working except doesn't pay off.  The hopper doesn't spin and then get 32 error.  I tried releasing brake and hopper turned freely.  I ran test 4 but hopper never spin.  Bench tested hopper motor for just a second with 110v and it spins.

could hopper board be the problem?  I removed connect and re-seated it several times too.

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 02:17:54 PM »
It could be the hopper board. The two large diodes go bad as does the mac15 Triac Q3 if I remember correct. I think the diodes are CR1 and CR2?  If they are the round grey ceramic style look for cracks. Does your hopper have a fuse mounted on the base by the hopper board?
And remember...

Offline rjpohl

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 02:24:20 PM »
Working!!!
I had tested every fuse but the one on the hopper, replaced it and ran test 4, hopper paid out 10 coins.
Closed door, played until a payoff, hopper paid off correctly.

I'll play it over the weekend to ensure fuses don't continue to blow.

thanks for all the help and Gary you're fight it's usually the simple things.
Bob

Offline Amechanic

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
Sweet... Glad to help. 
And remember...

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal