New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally S6000 , start up for home use  (Read 1082 times)

Offline antomost

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • antomost New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally S6000 , start up for home use
« on: October 05, 2021, 12:24:17 AM »
Hi, i found the slot machine in a scrap yard on amazing condition (even the original papers was inside).
I place it in my salon for home use. At first start up all lamps were flashing and on win paid have the info 8133.
The batt was empty (0.96V) so i replace it with a new one.
After the replacement, no lamp flashes (keep in mind that many of them a burned and needs to be replaced) and on screen i have the below:
WIN PAID "-.->." CREDIT "...."
The strange is that on MPU all sw on DS1 was on (aligned with the note paper found in the box) and when i put sw8 on DS1 to off i have 83 F error and all lamps flashing 3-4 times per second.
I couldn't perform a clear procedure by any combination (sw8 on or off)
Clear chips ordered but will arrive after a few weeks.
Help is also needed on how to configure it for home use.
Thank you
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 05:35:36 AM by antomost »

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally S6000 , start up for home use
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 06:21:52 AM »
After you clear it should be ready for home use at the default settings. If you purchased the Leave in Clear chips you will use the sw8 on DS1 to perform the clear. If you bought the removeable clear chips , that is a different procedure. MPU push back into place somewhat hard. Be sure it is in the guides and fully seated. Can you post a picture of the inside?

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 06:32:58 AM »
Thank you for your reply!. I purchase the clear chips, so i have to replace it again with the original ones after the clear procedure.
The MPU is fully seated and i just swap the RAMs to check but nothing change.
I have to build a base but this is last priority... i have to make this operate again.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:16:35 AM »
Check your DSW2 settings, they don't look right.

Did you measure the RAM chips to see if they are getting the battery voltage?

Are you sure the power supply on the back wall behind the hopper is producing the correct DC voltages?
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 09:20:58 AM »
Hi, thank you for your feedback. DS2 is as i found it and according to the installation notes. 1-4 OFF, 5-6 ON.
i measure the voltage on pin 30 and is 3.0V which is normal due to the voltage drop at the diode.
Do you have the pinout of the PSU for me to check the voltages?

Thank you in advance

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 10:57:06 AM »
I found out that on the backplane there are test points for the voltages. all ok i believe.. instead of +5V i have 4.9, on +12 i have +13, -12 is ok, +24 i have +26,2 and for 7,5 AC i have 8,5.

I have to say that manufacturing wise, is a piece of art!!! High quality, Very well made with a detailed documentation.

Happy to have it!!!

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
Could be the power supply???? on the flashing frequency the PSU is buzzing!!! is this normal?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 167
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 12:27:45 PM »
Buzzing is not normal. Probably bad.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 12:28:53 PM »
The power supply buzzing is a problem.  You can try to repair yourself, get a replacement or have someone (like me) replace the capacitors to repair. Check this link to find your supply and you can decide if you want to repair yourself or choose another option.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=31351.0

As for the DC measurements you made - some of the readings are a bit high, indicating the capacitors are indeed bad. To check that you would need to measure the the same points with the meter on AC volts and see how high the AC ripple is. It will be in the AC millivolt (mv) range. Basically- any reading higher than about 20mv or even 10mv would be bad. With the buzzing the power supply is definitely struggling to output the proper voltages.

As for the flashing lights, could be the power supply or be the indication of the error code you have. ( I think you would be right to assume the power supply is the cause, as I believe the lamps don't flash on errors,  just the tower lamp would indicate an error/tilt.

PM me if have questions or want more repair information.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
You are so right!!!! the AC ripple on +12V and on +24V is huge!!! On +5V and -12 is almost 0.

For the 24V is just a big 22000μF and a bridge. For the +5,+12,-12 a switching power supply. I will replace all capacitors and let you know.

Thank you for your valuable help!! highly appreciated.

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 02:15:54 PM »
For under $25 you can order a PT-65B power supply module and toss the bad one.
Mouser and Jameco electronics sell the PT-65B
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 10:19:20 PM »
Really a great hint! i found the new PSU in Europe as well. Thank you!!

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2021, 01:37:28 AM »
Updates... I found the PT-65B in the local market (Greece, surprised!!!) and i will have it by tomorrow.

Meantime, i have a LTP42 which is equivalent (reading datasheets carefully) and test it on the machine.

Nothing changed! AC ripples on +12V and same machine behaviour.

Maybe the buzzing is from the transformer next to the PSU and buzzes with the load of the lamps (7.5v AC).

Is it possible to get this ripples from another component within the machine? I will put an oscilloscope this weekend.

Offline Trisail

• Electronic Technician
  • Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 88
  • Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.Trisail Is a force to reckon with.
  • Power Supply and other electronics repair and help
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2021, 12:31:11 PM »
What ripple voltage values did you get? The higher the voltage (24) the higher the ripple may be and could be ok ( in spec ). Checking the datasheet as you are familiar with them on your LTP42 and the PT-65B the specification is 50 mv and 120mv peak to peak. So a digital meter would display about 70% of that. And those supplies are only 5 v +/- 12 v. The 24 v is coming from another supply? With the 5 v ripple ok, about zero, your problem is probably not caused by high ripple. The 5 v is used fircthe MPU and most critical that the ripple us low. The 12 v is normally used for sound and comm signals, low ripple is obviously better with these circuits. The 24 v would be used for relays and solenoids, low ripple is good but not critical, unless it is bad enough to cause chatter. Because you have tried the LPT42, I think you have something else wrong.
Tony

You can fix almost any electronic device by replacing the aluminum electrolytic capacitors.

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 02:06:58 AM »
I am speechless of what is happening. Almost 2 months since a place an order for the clear chips and the last two weeks the parcel stacked on customs!!!
Is there any possibility the purchase the code for the leave on chips? i have a friend who has a programmer..

Offline antomost

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 12:17:17 AM »
  :dancing_2:
Working perfectly now!!! it was a journey with a lot of reading and learning thinks.

Thanks to the team here i have two slot machines to play with my friends on Christmas!!!

I will investigate now how to install leds for lights and lamps.. the machine is a little bit noisy (buzzing) and wanted to be always on at my salon.

A big thank you for your support and help!!!!

Antonis

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal