New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Activating the printer in a Aristocrat Viridian WS  (Read 2226 times)

Offline peachpit

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • peachpit New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Activating the printer in a Aristocrat Viridian WS
« on: November 11, 2018, 11:56:54 AM »
Hello,

i have a Viridian WS machine but don´t know how to activate the printer or better said how to do the settings that it prints out tickets. The printer is generally working (i have done a test print through the menu).

Unfortunately i do not have a Viridian WS manual.   

It would be great if somebody could give me the settings i have to do in the machine-menu.

Thanks in advance :yes:

Offline buzzarama

• NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 64
  • buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!buzzarama Is a rising star!
Re: Activating the printer in a Aristocrat Viridian WS
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:35:18 AM »
Generally that is set in the setchip menu.
Is that where you were trying to do it? If you can tell me what game and version I can get the parsheet and see from there.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 06:01:36 AM »
Thanks a lot buzzarama for helping me.

Just yesterday i could get the printer going, but honestly i don´t know exactly why :Scratch-Head:

I have bought the machine (ARI Viridian WS) from the dealer with a Multi game "Players Choice Diamond Edition" with the printer not working / deactivated. To do a payout i have to turn the Jackpot switch.

Meanwhile i have tried out several other games: Lucky 88 Extra Choice and Mighty Cash Dargon Flies with the result that an error screen with a message "kill init..." comes up. Furthermore i have tried the game "Lucky Festival (Good Fortune Link); it comes up but forces me to do a setup procedure. I haven´t done it because honestly i´am a little "afraid" to do it. So i have installed another Multi game "Sapphire Edition"; it came up without any problems and suddenly the printer was activated. 

After that i have tried my "dream game" ... "Happy Lantern / Lightning Link": It came up without any problems (as "Lightning Cash") and even with the printer working :propeller:

But in summary i do not know why some games come up without doing that setup procedure and some games will need a setup procedure. And honestly i´am afraid of "confusing" the machine somehow by doing that procedure so that maybe no game will work any more :Scratch-Head:

Maybe you have some parsheets and / or a manual for Viridian WS machines for me? Any other information will help as well.

Thanks a lot :applause:

Offline Heihachi_73

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 03:31:55 AM »
I hate to bump this, but what's the difference between the Lightning Link and Lightning Cash games? In Victoria (Australia) we have Dragon Link and Dragon Cash (sometimes even in the same venues), but I haven't heard of Lightning Cash yet.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 07:53:38 AM »
Hi,

yes, i was surprised as well, because i never thought to get that game going because i only know of Lightning LINK as well. So i have guessed that i will need a progressive controller like a Paltronic controller or equal to get it going. BUT: Because i havent connect such an controller to my machine it immediately came up as Lightning CASH and worked standalone perfectly.
Go to Youtube and you will find several videos of the "Cash"-version. I do not know what exact version my software is but like said it worked as Lightning Cash. I only guess that it must be a very rare software...?

Myself i have never heard of Dragon Cash; i only know of Dragon Link.

Many greetings

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
That might be just it, maybe it detects no link system and just runs a standalone "Cash" version instead, maybe it's one of the options like the Hyperlink games that can have Hyperlink turned off (although the latter is not possible at all with Australian machines as they use completely different chips for e.g. Cash Express games vs. standalone "full pay" without the jackpot). I might check a local venue and see if the jackpots are the same or whether they really are standalone, I never really took much notice of the grand/major jackpots before on these games.

Here's a Dragon Cash top screen for reference.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 04:45:44 AM »
Yes, like you are saying, the software will detect if you are having a progressive controller connected or not; i assume the same like you. I have read an articel at "innovategaming.com" before where they are saying that Lightning Link is a standalone progressive game with a link option.
I have the game "Lucky Festival-Good Fortune" ; its a Hyperlink game which i have not tried yet because i have to do a setup before but i'am curious if it will work.
Do you have the software for Dragon Cash for example?
Many greetings

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 05:13:58 AM »
No, that photo was just from a venue unfortunately, I'd love to have a machine but I would have literally nowhere to put one.

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 07:01:51 AM »
I know that problem...i always only have 3 machines at the same time, no space for more machines.
I play the Lightning Cash game on a Viridian WS. I likely would have a Helix, but much to expensive right now. Are they less expensive in Australia ? In Europe you have to pay at least 10K ot more!

Offline Heihachi_73

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 03:29:41 PM »
I don't know the actual prices of modern machines unfortunately, but a complete working MK6 is usually around $1500 (AUD) if it's anything to go by.

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 05:16:35 PM »
I know that problem...i always only have 3 machines at the same time, no space for more machines.
I play the Lightning Cash game on a Viridian WS. I likely would have a Helix, but much to expensive right now. Are they less expensive in Australia ? In Europe you have to pay at least 10K ot more!
I didnt know that you could play Lightning Cash/Links on a Viridian WS.Does anyone have that software for sale?

Offline peachpit

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:39 AM »
The software to play it on a Viridian WS is very very rare. I guess Aristocrat has made that game only for some regions etc to play on Viridian WS, normally it's a GEN8 game to play on a Helix/+ machine. I have some more software for GEN7 and GEN8 machines but no more Lightning Link/Cash.

Offline The laneman

• Topic Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.The laneman Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »
Peachpit....your inbox is full

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal