New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Aristocrat 540 video 3 bags full  (Read 2906 times)

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • MacGUYver New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Aristocrat 540 video 3 bags full
« on: June 23, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »
First aristocrat, just picked it up today.  Was sitting in a shed, screen turns on, shows tilted game with "main door open", but even with door closed no change.  The 3v battery is dead.  I thought it had a coin hopper but Instead it has this old ticket printer that looks like a cubesat, unfortunately there's no power plug for it.

So couple questions:

1) will the dead battery on this lock up the game? Any pitfalls i I should watch for when cahnging it? Or do I need ram clear chips?

2) ticket printer looks old and janky.  Wtf does the power come from, anyone got a pic of the wire setup? Or a manual?

3). Do they sell ram clear chips, or is it called something else, my eBay search confused me.

Any help is appreciated, even pictures of what it's supposed to look like inside

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
Re: Aristocrat 540 video 3 bags full
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 06:03:19 PM »
I have the same game in a square top machine.
The reset procedure is not bad, just push three buttons when turning one.
PM me your email and ill send you the manual for it.
1st rule of electronic repair.
"Thou shall check voltages"
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 10:29:45 AM »
Did my battery replacement last night, got a janky screen.  Hopefully I'll learn how to press the right buttons for the clear procedure tonight to get it back up

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 12:05:45 PM »
Assuming I get it cleared, what the hell do.i do with this cubesat ticket printer? I see two data cables, plugged them in.  But there's no plugin for the power coming from any board.  Make my own? Where do I stick it? 

Easier to just get a hopper? Do they use the same data ribbon cables?

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 09:38:11 PM »
Okay, did some stuff and more research. Someone sent me manual (thanks Paul) and found some more posts on clearing ram and clearing meters.

I have a few issues.  My reset and audit keys are similar to igt, so won't really stay on (spring loaded takes it back to null).  So kept having to jump them. 

I did it a few ways, cleared meters, got 0 on all three audit pages.  But I can never leave this page.  I was frustrated.

So I pulled u74 ram chip, grounded it, popped it back in, cleared meters, could never leave the meters page no matter how many door close power cycles.

Than I realized, I don't think my door optics worked.  But now it's  late and I forgot the best way to check.  Either my door optics or door switch.  I get both faults (pics), but either way now I can't get out of the meters page without grounding ram again. But when I do that, just gives me a meters error 12 msg and screen looks screwy.

So if my door optics are failed, would it leave me stuck here?  Closing the door leaves this audit meters page?

Door fault 61 is the white switch right?
Door open 60 is the optics?

Bah bah black sheep

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...Paul Might someday be someone...
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 07:01:24 AM »
The heart of the machine is the Interface Board aka the back plane.

If you look at section 8 of the manual I sent you it will
show you the connections for the different sections of the machine.

J19 is the connection for the mechanical door switch, J38 is the
door detector and J15 is power for the printer.

Start at the connector and trace you wires to find most issues.
If the wiring is good then the problem is most likely on the board as a failed chip.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »
I was just reading that section last night, sounds like I'm tracking correctly.  Do the optic door sensors fail often?  I feel like that's my issue but will have to check tonight. I have igt optics, o wonder if I can make those work on this.

When I try to put it into other modes, I get more error.  I've hold reset button and cycle power, or the men reset and cycle power.  It just says stacker override and door open.  When I do a cycle after that with no buttons depressed, takes me back to the meters page, can't get out of it but I can cycle thru the three pages.  Time to start tracing wires I think.

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 12:19:40 PM »
I can’t say how long the door optics last but mine has the original set.
Aristocrat MK4 parts are getting hard to find.

First thing is to get the machine to see the door closed then look at the next issue.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 08:57:06 PM »
Based off your original optics comment I decided to give the optics alignment another go. I spent an hour on it last night, nothing.  Played with it a bit more, than thought to myself...self...wtf are you doing...just undue the door optic and bring it into the cabinet and let the door switch be the primary "door open" checker.

Someone else mentioned it on a different post I was reading.  They completely bypassed the optics with the 814 opto thing, but I figured maybe mines alive but I'm just terrible at alignment. So I undid the door optic, rerouted the wire back inside and just made them love each other forever.  That's how it should be anyways right?

Machine accepted the love, and is now playable, hurray!?!!!

Bill acceptor works, coin acceptor works (they sawed out the coin drop though to widen it, weird af), but now I'm back to this stupid cubesat ticket printer.  Has paper, just gonna have to mess around with how to route it hah. 

Gotta fix a few lights, I'll probably order the hopper and throw this dumb printer away, but happy so far.  Very cool.

Thank you Paul!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:58:12 PM by Bigjon527 »

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »
Pics

I'll make the optics mating better, but for now this works

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2019, 04:37:55 AM »
If you want to try and align the optics again,
remove the monitor and look through the hole.
If you do remove the printer i would like to have it,
let me know what you want for it.
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Heihachi_73

• Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
This might sound silly, but could I please get a close-up of the buttons? I've never seen dedicated button labels for that game (showing bags etc.), usually they only have the lines and bet amounts printed on them like every other 540. Or maybe I've only seen conversions where no-one bothered changing the buttons...

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 09:34:44 AM »
Here ya go

Offline Paul

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 06:35:58 AM »
Here’s some pictures of my machine you asked for.
Off for over 2 years and booted right up when turned on!
⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Offline Heihachi_73

• Heihachi_73 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 04:30:56 PM »
Thanks a million for the photos everyone!

I'm amazed that the machine booted up after 2 years with no problems, I would have thought the battery would have died long ago without power.

Offline r13wood

• Contributing NLG Member
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • r13wood New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2019, 12:50:28 PM »
Hello Everyone.  I am new to posting on here, but have used the NLG forums as a resource to fix some of my other machines.  Does anybody know what will cause these Aristocrat 540 MK IV machines to not respond during the reset procedure.  I am now the owner of BigJon's "3 Bags Full" machine.  I am thinking the door optics are bad and will be looking into the bypass with the 814 optocoupler.  I jumped both the Audit and Jackpot switches was able to get in an out of the Meter Menus but when I press the 3 left buttons I can not get the machine to reset the meters back to 0.  I have tried manually connecting and disconnecting the door optics.  I seated the door optics on a flat surface and was able to fool it into thinking it was open/closed by sliding a popsicle stick between the sensors to break the connection.  I eventually pulled out the monitor and lined the sensors back up on the door, so there is no reason they should not be making a connection unless the sensor is bad.   

Here is the procedure I used.  If I am doing something wrong, please let me know.
[size=78%] [/size]

1.)  Turned on the machine and closed the main door
 2.)  Waited until the printer stopped printing and then turned and held the Audit switch (menu came up)
 3.)  Jumped the Jackpot switch (I think the actual switch was bad, so I jumped it and connected it with a wire)
 4.)  Opened the main door
 5.)  Pressed the 3 left buttons on the front of the main board (ROB/HOP RESET - AUX 1 - MEM RESET) - None of the meters reset

I am able to navigate through the menus and even change some of the values on other pages of the menus with the audit key, but I can not get the machine to reset.  I have tried holding all 3 buttons, holding each one separately,  pressing them in different orders, and nothing works.  The battery is reading correct voltages so I am a little stumped.  I would also like to replace the Audit and Jackpot key switches to some that are not spring loaded.  If anybody has some, I will buy them off you.     

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »
So I'm pretty sure the door optics are good, and based off your popsicle experiment that backs up the claim.  Also, they were always responsive for me after I took them off the door (hate door alignments?).

You have to follow the reset procedure to a t.  With door closed, turn both keys and keep them turned (it's why I explained I'd just jump them, GD spring loaded locks).  Open the door ( this is where I'd have to manually break the door optic connection when I had them mated.  BOTH mechanical door switch AND door optics had to be opened i beleive.  Than you could do the hold three buttons (red knob is missing on the left button if I remember correctly), enure you're pressi g the three left ones. 

Than the quirk I couldn't seem to get passed after the printer had issues..

You had to set your jackpot limits after the ram clear.  That's on the third page or so of the audits.  So when I'd do that, it'd engage the printer, and I'd get the printer 70 error code.

And than never could clear that code, not sure what happened to the printer.  Wasn't sure how I could disable the printer either. 

That's when I decided I don't like aristocrat machines and gave up, and played with my Yahtzee and WOF instead.

I think your door optics are fine though, unless you can't get them to align now either.

Offline MacGUYver

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2019, 01:49:40 PM »
Oh, and before people throw hate at me for selling him a non working machine, I did my best to explain it wasn't working (described in the sale ad too), showed him what I could, told him what I've tried, sold it for less than I bought it, and pointed him to this post for reference :)

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2019, 04:08:51 PM »
It was a very fair and honest transaction. 

Offline r13wood

• NLG
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2019, 04:23:25 PM »
The Door Optics were working because I can navigate through the menus if I just use the audit key which I do not think would be possible if the optics are saying the door was still open.    When I had it wired up like you did with a popsicle stick it would sound the door open alarm when I put the popsicle stick in to break the connection, so I know they were working.  I think it would have locked up the buttons that help you navigate through the menus.  I think I have followed the clear procedure to the T.   
     Did you jump the audit and jackpot switches and then turned it on by plugging it into the wall?   I have been turning on the machine and then connecting the audit jump and then connecting the jackpot jump.   So they are not both turning on at the same time.  Have also taken out the ram chip and reseated it with the same result. 

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal