New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally Monte Carlo  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Brentd27

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Brentd27 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally Monte Carlo
« on: July 01, 2019, 02:32:36 PM »
A friend of mine recently purchased a Bally Monte Carlo slot machine that had a few problems.  We replaced the MPU battery and installed the leave-in Saferam chips.  We've been able to get the actual slot machine to work, but cannot get the slot to talk to the bonus wheel up top.  I've seen several references to an 11d settings menu, but we can't seem to figure out exactly how to get into this 11d menu.

Also, when the "Change" button is pressed, the machine essentially crashes and we have to do another Saferam clear to get it to boot again.  I gather this is because it is expecting to contact a central server, but is not connected to one.  Is there any way to set the game into standalone mode so the change button doesn't cause it to crash?

Pics of the game and the original chips are attached.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 168
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
Re: Bally Monte Carlo
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
I  believe 91 code is no communication to the progressive display.  Not the  bonus wheel.  With the door open, You press the test button  11 times and you should come to the 11d menu and  then the display will change to the first setting number 26 I  believe.  You press the Bet max button to get to each setting.  Settings 02 and 07 should be at default.  This will avoid the 91 error. PM me and I can get in front of my MC and I will walk you through it on the phone if you would like.

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 07:55:06 PM »
The 91NC error we actually got fixed. Where we're at now, the lower game plays, just nothing happens when you should be able to spin bonus. Don't remember what the code is that comes up when we hit the "change" button, just that we have to do a saferam clear to get out of it. I won't be back where I can look at the machine again until sometime next week.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 08:25:54 PM »
Is the cable plugged into the front of the MPU? Does the numbers on the bonus wheel light up? Is it possibly the print ticket button that is causing it to crash?

Offline pbwizard25

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • pbwizard25 New User barely matters.pbwizard25 New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:28:23 AM »
Are you trying to run game with leave in clears?? They will not work with a Monte Carlo. Ds1 #8 must be in the on position. Also ds1 # 3,5&7 off. Scott

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 04:14:44 PM »
Pulled the leave-in clear ROMs, switched back to the original ROMs, and replaced the dip switch block with the original shunt block. Now, the machine starts with 83F1, bad main romm. Do we need removable clear ROMs to match the main ROMs?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 05:57:10 PM »
I'm not sure if there's different clear chips? But I use the same clear chips on my MC that I use on all the other S6000 's.

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 02:14:26 PM »
Are you trying to run game with leave in clears?? They will not work with a Monte Carlo. Ds1 #8 must be in the on position. Also ds1 # 3,5&7 off. Scott

The original shunt block in this machine only had 5 and 7 punched out.

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 12:19:03 PM »
Been awhile since I've worked on this project, but we're still having issues getting the slot machine to talk to the bonus topper at the top.  Does anyone have a manual for the topper, or info on where I could get one?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 08:23:11 PM »
Did you get a set of clear chips to clear the errors? Did you get it to "insert coin "  point?. Also there is a switch up by the bonus wheel that needs to be closed or bypassed.  Also another behind the award glass and belly door.

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2019, 08:40:10 PM »

We got the bottom section to play. We just can't get it to communicate with the bonus topper. We have to set up jumpers like it's a standalone machine with no bonus wheel to get it to play. I believe something may be wrong with the bonus unit, but don't know how to diagnose.

Did you get a set of clear chips to clear the errors? Did you get it to "insert coin "  point?. Also there is a switch up by the bonus wheel that needs to be closed or bypassed.  Also another behind the award glass and belly door.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 07:16:17 AM »
Do you have the Original U28 & U43 installed. 

Offline Brentd27

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 10:57:59 AM »
Do you have the Original U28 & U43 installed.

Yes, we do.

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 12:14:04 PM »
The bonus wheel worked before the battery change??

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 12:19:28 PM »
Can you post a picture with the front door open where the bonus wheel cable connects to the MPU? When you have the cable connected and the shunts in for the bonus wheel, did the bonus wheel spin continuously? What error code where you seeing ?

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal