New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: S2000 Five Times Pay – Not Working after Varta Removal  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Bryan New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Hey all:   I have a long time problem with my S2000 “Five Times Pay”   3 Reels  5 Lines
When I bought this machine,  It worked perfectly for a while. Then it started the “Netplex Display Link” error.   I replaced the Varta battery, and she was up and running again. 
But! During my research,  I read posts about the removal of the Varta battery and U16 (Voltage Regulator), so I removed both.   It hasn’t worked since this time. 
Thinking I may have damaged the board, I replaced the 1270 MPU with another 1270 MPU.   It came without the Varta and U16
It still doesn’t work.    Power on and:
Boot
Top light flashing
Bottom light flashing fast
Validator Cycles
"Ram Error" – Key 3 times
"Press Test switch for 3 seconds"
"Please close Main Door" - I have replaced the door optics and still getting this message
Thanks everyone and any thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:41:24 PM by Bryan »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: S2000 Five Times Pay – Not Working after Varta Removal
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 12:59:17 PM »
What happens when you close the door?  Message stays there?  If it stays check that you replaced optics correctly.

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »
What happens when you close the door?  Message stays there?  If it stays check that you replaced optics correctly.

Yes,  The error continues after closing the door.  I have been alternating the old and new optics while checking alignment each time. I’m stumped and not sure how to proceed from here. 
The funny thing is,  It was working perfectly till I decided to fix something that wasn’t broke  J
Thanks for your help,
Bryan

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:01:22 PM »
Did you open the belly door?  Check the belly door switch.

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
Did you open the belly door?  Check the belly door switch.

I'm re-checking as you're asking.  Belly Door switch works according to ohm meter.  And, I did go ahead and build a loop for it.  Same results, stuck on "Please Close The Main Door"

Thanks for your help,

Bryan

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:56:59 AM »
Bryan,

Be sure that the connector at J11 on the mother board is secure. It's an 8 pin molex on the upper right side. It's the door optic circuit. Other than that you can try an optic bypass. I make a plug & play harness that requires no cutting or splicing of any machine wires. It's good to have as a tester or leave in if it's the only way to get it to work.
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline Yoeddy1

• Kit addiction expert
  • NLG Support Staff
  • Reputation Power: 174
  • Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!Yoeddy1 Is an-NLG GOD!
  • "Get busy livin, or get busy dyin." -Andy Dufresne
    • Yoeddy's Slot Machine Videos
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 11:59:01 AM »
With the known good MPU, did you try running a clear/key and start from scratch? 

Thanks,
Jason

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and win one meellion dollars!!!

Offline hotlsot

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!hotlsot Is a rising star!
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 12:17:18 PM »
sometimes that u16 fix kills the board if not done just right. my guess is you need a known good board, I think yours is smoked.

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 04:22:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies:  I have made progress!
I bypassed the Belly Door switch and then the door optics.  This made all the difference.
It seems like I’m  in  “RAM clear”
I powered on and got to the “close main door”  I closed the door and it went to “call attendant”. 
I opened the door and the alarm sounded.
Turned the key 3 times and it went to “Machine Type Mismatch”
I shut it off and put in my Key Chip 17 and it wouldn’t go to 2 lights
My question is:  Is Key Chip 17 the right Key Chip for my machine?
1270 Enhanced with SG000363 Game
Of course as always, Thanks so much for everyone posing tough questions and making push forward.

No Tech- Bryan  :thank_you:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 05:30:53 PM »
You want key 45.

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
Mark is right you really want 45 but the 17 will work. IVC00224 clear. SG363 are not ideal for a 1270 board though. You will probably get reel tilts at boot up.

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 06:20:40 PM »
Mark is right you really want 45 but the 17 will work. IVC00224 clear. SG363 are not ideal for a 1270 board though. You will probably get reel tilts at boot up.

Ok, Thanks for the heads up. As far as I know, this machine came with the SG363 Game and 1270 Enhanced board.  Maybe a prior owner changed it.  For chips I have been using:
IVC00097 Clear and Key 17

I'll find IVC 00224 and a 45 Key and see if that get me going.

Thanks again,
Bryan

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »
PM sent.

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
Hey Everyone, I’m dusting off and old post from last July when I was, and am, seeking help for my slot.  I never have gotten this machine to work and I have a few days during these holidays to try and get it up and running.
If you remember, this all started with a Varta Battery Removal. Here’s the post from the original.
“When I bought this machine,  It worked perfectly for a while. Then it started the “Netplex Display Link” error.   I replaced the Varta battery, and she was up and running again. [/color] But! During my research,  I read posts about the removal of the Varta battery and U16 (Voltage Regulator), so I removed both.   It hasn’t worked since this time. [/size] Thinking I may have damaged the board, I replaced the 1270 MPU with another 1270 MPU.   It came without the Varta and U16.  It still doesn’t work. “

Please let me know your thoughts and this process.  I’m starting with the “S2000 RAM CLEAR/KEY SETUP”
1. I powered off the slot and remove the MPU tray
2. I removed SB chip (SB100342) and replaced it with CLEAR chip  (IVC00224)
3. I powered on the slot and waited for top two amber lights to lite up. They did!
4. I powered off the slot and removed CLEAR chip (IVC00224) and reinsert SB chip (SB100342)
5. Leaving the door open, I powered on the slot
6. It read “TESTING MEMORY” then the alarm sounded  with message error “RAM ERROR”
7. I turned the RESET key four(4) times and it read “PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS”
8.I held the white button for 3 seconds and released.
9. LED now reads “CLOSE MAIN DOOR” and I closed the main door completely
10. LED now should read “TESTING MEMORY” and when finished [/color]I got a “Closure M – Machine Mismatch – Call Attendant”  Message
11. Open main door and alarm should sound  -
No alarm Sounded
I stopped here, because it wasn’t going according to the setup instructions.  Your thoughts?

Offline Geo777

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Geo777 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
Bryan   I have the same problem with my S2000      1270 enhanced      Its driving me nuts     debating on trying clear/set chips     or swap door optics        good luck on yours ,   I will keep in touch if I find something          Btw I even bought 2   1270 tested working brds from trusted vendors on here

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2019, 08:42:37 PM »
"10. LED now should read “TESTING MEMORY” and when finished I got a “Closure M – Machine Mismatch – Call Attendant”  Message"

Do you mean "Machine Type Mismatch"?

After you get this message, will it accept a coin if you close the door?

Does the bill validator bezel light turn on?

Are any of the LED lights on the MPU  box "Red"?

Bryan, did you remove the U16 chip...along with the Varta battery?
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 10:42:05 PM »
If you meant "Machine Type Mismatch"error, check the key chip menu  7.1.6 Machine Type.  Be sure "upright" is selected.

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2019, 09:22:57 AM »
did you observe the button lamps after you got the mismatch message?  sometimes it will let you select the game denom, and machine type, then go ont to spin reels and game will come up but with no options set.  you now have to key the machine and go in and set the accounting denom, player select, game percentage, game denom, game type etc.etc.

I would try and KEY THE MACHINE.

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2019, 03:59:09 PM »
To all:
I went in and made sure that 7.1.6 had “upright” selected, made sure 7.1.1.1 was “$0.01” and made sure the 7.1.1.2 was set to “$ .25”.   Well!   It’s now working.   I’m not sure what the fix was, but after a year, she’s up and running.   Thanks to everyone for the help and I’m sure I’ll be asking for more sometime down the road.
Thanks again everyone,  happy camper here!  :dancing_2: :thank_you:

Offline Bryan

• Bryan
  • NLG
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 09:53:32 AM »
After short lived happiness, I am trying to get my printer working and then a TITO that I purchased. I have not been successful.  My Key chip was not successful, so I tried the clear first with no success there either.

Here were my procedures for both
Insert KEY chip  (45) .  (I’ve also tried the 17 with no luck on two amber lights)
With Key 45 Inserted, Power on slot and wait for two amber lights to come on They did!
Power off slot—remove KEY chip—insert SB chip
Power on slot with door open and LED should read “7 KEY CHIP CONFIG”
I do not get the “7 KEY CHIP CONFIG”  Message.  Machine will finish booting.

So I tried to clear my machine first and then key chip.  I have not been successful with a clear.
Clear chip,  I’ve tried both the IVC00097 and the IVC00224
1. Power off slot and remove MPU tray
2. Remove SB chip and replace it with CLEAR chip
3. Power on slot and wait for top two amber lights to lite up
4. Power off slot and remove CLEAR chip and reinsert SB chip
5. Leave door open and power on slot
6. Should read “TESTING MEMORY” then alarm sounds with message error “RAM ERROR”
7. Turn RESET key four (4) times and it should read “PRESS TEST SWITCH FOR 2-3 SECONDS”
8. Hold MPU white button and release
9. LED now reads “CLOSE MAIN DOOR” Close main door completely
10. LED now should read “TESTING MEMORY” and when finished you get “CALL ATTENDENT” Message
I do not get the “CALL ATTENDENT” Message.  Machine will finish booting.

Your thoughts and thank you
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 10:16:39 AM by Bryan »

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal