New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Compatible bill validator for IGT S2000 machine that takes Australian bills  (Read 4487 times)

Offline dezza1au

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • dezza1au Hides in shadows.
  • NLG
Hi all,

I am purchasing a ITG S2000 machine from the USA, but need it to take Australian $ bills.

Can someone point me in the direction of what needs to be done either to the current validator in the machine or the model and make of a suitable bill validator that would be compatible with this machine and I can configure / program to take Australian bills. My understanding is a JCM WBA 13 is compatible, but not sure how to change to Australian $ or where to get the chips to flash/reprogram from.

The supplier of the machine says that a JCM UBA would probably work (http://jcmglobal.com/en/products/productdetails.aspx?ProdID=UBA) but I've also found this kit on-line: http://www.worldwide-gaming.com/s/product_info.php?products_id=1622 (but it's not clear if it can be programmed to take Australian $ bills - I've sent them an e-mail and am waiting for them to get back to me).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-- Derek

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
You would be better off with the UBA, and for the IGT Game you need a UBA14

Australia
UBA-14
SS
2.70-35
FBF49CD7
N/A-AUS
04-10-14
Software

A WBA12 will also work but the last software for this unit was released in 2006

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
Hey!

Thanks for that info.

Do you know where I would be able to purchase one of these from? I've looked on e-bay, but nothing comes up. Is there another forum where such bill validators would be advertised or do you know of a company that could supply one?

Thanks for your reply.

- Derek
-- Derek

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
The one from WWG won't work for you, I would think with a little research you could find one more local to you along the lines of the UBA suggested above. We have several members "in your area" of the world and it may just take a little time. In the meantime, maybe get a couple hundred in American money or add coin handling if it doesn't already have it. An issue with the BV you could run into, and I'm not sure if UBA's are susceptible to this, is that if Australian money is a different size than American money and you buy an American UBA with Aussie software then the money may not fit into the BV anyway. Definately something to ask whatever supplier about before purchasing the equipment.
One other thing about World Wide Gamings WBA setup, $289? Holy Crap! Sorry, but that's just ridiculous in my opinion. And I don't mean a ridiculously good deal. Besides that, I've never seen an S2000 where the BV needed it's own power supply. Looks like a earlier generation DBV-200 power supply

Offline Harp

• NLG Member 101 to 250 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • Harp New User has no influence.
  • NLG
The UBA is a universal BV and will accept any currency with the correct firmware loaded, couple of issues

1/ Bezel will have to be the correct size opening for Aus currency
2/ obtaining the correct firmware, as IGT don't just let JCM release it to anyone

Working with a local NLG Member as suggested would be the best way to go

Offline cowboygames

• If I'm Not Here, Check The Golf Course
  • Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 204
  • cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!cowboygames Is an-NLG GOD!
  • You Can't Find a Better Friend Than a Dog
Thanks Harp, I was remembering a recent topic with discussion about Canadian currency and WBA validators so that's why I brought it up

Offline dezza1au

• NLG
Thanks everyone for the info and quick responses.

I'll make sure the machine accepts AUD$1 coins in the comparitor and will look around for a BV here in Australia. Good suggestion trying to contact local members - I'll do some searching around on here to see if I can find some :-)

Thanks,

- Derek
-- Derek

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal