New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Bally E-2413 Reset after each play  (Read 731 times)

Offline Dipsey Tussle

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Dipsey Tussle New User has no influence.
  • NLG
Bally E-2413 Reset after each play
« on: February 01, 2020, 11:33:25 AM »
Hello Folks,

Brand new member here. I picked up a Bally E2413 off craigslist and it seems to function properly except for one issue. After inserting the quarters and completing a spin, I often have to open the door and reset the machine to get the deflector to snap back into place so I can play again. Once in awhile if I turn the key on the side I can get a few consecutive spins in but shortly after it will again not display the insert coin light or allow me to play the game without a reset.

When it does play, it registers the coins properly and also pays out accurately.

I am very new to this and not sure what direction to go in trying to fix it. I ran the test and all the functions work including the coin deflector.

I would also like to find a slot technician in my area who can perform scheduled maintenance. I am in Philly.

Anyhow, Hello! and thanks for any insight you can provide. I love the machine and think this will be an enjoyable hobby.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:35:31 PM by Dipsey Tussle »

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 306
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Bally E-2413 Reset after each play
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:59:30 PM »
Hello and Welcome to NLG... I would start but removing the Power Supply board on the back wall behind the hopper. Take a large pink eraser like the kind they use in school, and clean the pins for the plug. At this time you can check the plug for any dark or burnt connectors. You could try just removing the top plugs on the IO board just behind the reels. If you try removing the IO board, be very careful of the flat grey ribbon cable connecting the IO and MPU boards. The pins on the ribbon cable are broken off very easily. If you bend one and try to straighten, it can break off.
So I would just try cleaning the IO plugs and Power Supply plugs first. The other thing to check are the condition of the fuse holders. They become brittle and can break or have a loose fitting cap. Good luck and keep us posted.
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Dipsey Tussle

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
Hi

Thanks so much for your response. I checked all the fuses earlier and one was loose, that was the fuse for the 3rd coin in lamp I believe, because that didn't illuminate but after I tightened the fuse it now comes on.

All the fuses are good otherwise and seated properly.

I checked the pins on the power supply board and they are very clean,same with the connector that goes into it.

After I put the connector back on I was able to play for several spins without having to reset, but the problem returned. [/font][/size]

Update: I later checked the connectors on the board behind the reels and those looked good too. I also re-seated the connectors on the power supply board again and I am getting a very long run of continuous play. Maybe the power supply connection was loose? I'll have to see how I make out for awhile. But I am very appreciative of your advice.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:47:00 PM by Dipsey Tussle »

Offline ramegoom

• NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • ramegoom New User barely matters.ramegoom New User barely matters.
  • NLG
    • Caspers Electronics, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 08:03:59 PM »
Sounds like classic cold solder joints on the original power supply:
http://www.ramegoom.com/john/E2000/cold_solder_joints.jpg

Offline Amechanic

• In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
  • Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!Amechanic Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 08:58:27 PM »
Hi

Thanks so much for your response. I checked all the fuses earlier and one was loose, that was the fuse for the 3rd coin in lamp I believe, because that didn't illuminate but after I tightened the fuse it now comes on.
All the fuses are good otherwise and seated properly.
I checked the pins on the power supply board and they are very clean,same with the connector that goes into it.
After I put the connector back on I was able to play for several spins without having to reset, but the problem returned. [/font][/size]
Update: I later checked the connectors on the board behind the reels and those looked good too. I also re-seated the connectors on the power supply board again and I am getting a very long run of continuous play. Maybe the power supply connection was loose? I'll have to see how I make out for awhile. But I am very appreciative of your advice.

The connectors in that power supply plug are just tin plated and the tarnish. I use a very fine wet/dry sand paper on the PS header pins to clean those up.. You could remove the crimp connectors from the PS plug one at a time and clean them, and to spread them open for a tighten connection.. I usually crimp new ones on to fix this problem. But if you don't have the crimping tool and connectors, then just remove them one at a time by pushing down the small metal tab that hold them into the plug.. Just remember to lift up that locking tab to keep the connector ibto the plug..
Please remember to make a donation to NLG for mine/our help in repairing your machines problem.. Your donations help keep this site on line.
And remember...
If it's jammed, force it.. If it breaks, it needed to be replaced anyways...

Offline Badbaud

• Topic Moderator
  • Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!Badbaud Is an-NLG GOD!
  • (shop) klar.slotrepair@gmail.com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:22 PM »
The error acts like the kick switch is not working every time a spin is initiated.
Let them that don't want any, have memories of not getting any.

Offline Dipsey Tussle

• NLG
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 10:48:39 PM »
Thanks for all the replies and useful info. As of late it is working pretty well. I haven't had to do a reset and It plays nicely. I have just been making sure to play it throughout the day, every day, I think that has helped.

Once in awhile if I leave it on all day, I hear a low buzzing after a few hours.

The only issue right now is the "insert coin" light doesn't come on anymore, yet if I run test 2 it works fine. The "coin accepted" light sometimes is real dim or flickers, yet that too is fine on the test sequence.

Maybe I should purchase new bulbs. The wires that go to the bulbs look ok.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal