New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: IGT S-plus takes bill in and pays out 100 coins from hopper...  (Read 2207 times)

Offline Bultar

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Bultar New User has no influence.
  • NLG
My Triple Triple Diamond slot works fine except for this one issues.  Inserting a dollar bill causes 100 coins to pay from the hopper - instead of adding 4 credits.  The slot working perfect for years, but after a few years in storage I recently got it out and cleaned it up, and with minor effort got it all working.  Except for the bill reader.  I think I need to change the "Bill Acceptor Pay Mode" from standard to credit, but not sure.  And I'm not able to make that change anyway.  When I get to that point in the self-test, the machine clicks and the Spin button no longer changes the setting, so I can't change the value from 0 to 1. 
I read elsewhere that this function must be enabled on the board, which I believe means a clear, then re-do all settings.  And I've read on this forum to put away your S+ clear chips as very rarely do you need to do that. 
So I'm stuck with just using coins. 

And again, the bill acceptor worked fine before the slot went into storage.  Recently out of storage the battery was still fine, it booted up, and I just had to reset it a few times after cleaning out the coin comparitor.

Thanks for any help!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 01:23:42 PM by knagl »

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: IGT S-plus takes bill in and pays out 100 coins from hopper...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
With NO CREDITS on the machine press the white test button until you see 5  0 in winner paid window.  If it says 5  1 or 5  2 change it to 5  0 with the spin button. Next turn jackpot key until you see 8  0 in winner pain window.  If it says 8  1 change it to 8  0. Keep pressing white test button until it doesn't do anything anymore and shut the door.  Insert a bill and see if you get 100 credits.

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
Sixcardmark, Thanks for the reply.  I don't think I explained that well in my post, but I've tried that a number of times.  But when I get to the 8-something point, I see 8 2.  And when I turn the key to get to that display, at that same instant the slot makes a sound, and the Spin button light goes out, meaning that it no longer takes input through a press.  This is the thing that I read about somewhere else, saying that the ability to change that in the self-test requires it being enabled on the MPU (and I assume that means a clear and re-do all settings).  But it used to work, and I haven't done a clear on the board before. 
Thanks again!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 02:29:16 PM »
when you get into the test diagnostics,  what numbers are displayed when you get to the test where you have a 6 in the coins played window??  there should be a number in the credits window and you should not be able to change it, you should hear the handle solenoid click as well.

what SP chip is in you machine ?

JIm

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 02:41:58 PM »
Look if dip switch #4 is turned OFF on the MPU board.

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
Should #4 be OFF? 
I'll go out and check it, but the bill acceptor used to work just fine, and I definitely haven't changed any dip switch settings. 
Thanks again!

I checked...
dip switches 1-3 are off
4-8 are on.
I’ve never changed any of them. 
Should #4 be off?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 11:58:15 AM by Bultar »

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 446
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »
Have you tried just pushing the credit/cash button so that it is lit?  It switches the machine between cash mode (only coins in works, and the bill acceptor then just takes the bills and spits out coins) or credit mode, which will add credits to the machine when a bill is inserted.  This is done with zero credits on the machine.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 12:02:50 PM »
Hi rickhunter,
I don’t have a credit/cash button. 
Just: CHANGE, CASH OUT, BET ONE CREDIT, and SPIN, Play Max Credits. 
Thanks!

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 12:19:00 PM »
Should #4 be OFF? 
I'll go out and check it, but the bill acceptor used to work just fine, and I definitely haven't changed any dip switch settings. 
Thanks again!

I checked...
dip switches 1-3 are off
4-8 are on.
I’ve never changed any of them. 
Should #4 be off?

Thanks!
1-3 on and 4-8 off are normal settings. That's probably how they are set, just hard to tell which way is on or off.

cash out button is what Rick is talking about.

Offline knagl

• Kevin
  • NLG Site Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 169
  • knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!knagl Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 01:26:33 PM »
what SP chip is in you machine ?

:1:

Please tell us what SP chip is in your machine so we can provide you with accurate directions.

If you are unsure, here are directions on how to determine the SP chip number in your machine:
http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/SPSS.htm
If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! :)

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!rickhunter Is an-NLG GOD!
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 01:46:49 PM »
Hi rickhunter,
I don’t have a credit/cash button. 
Just: CHANGE, CASH OUT, BET ONE CREDIT, and SPIN, Play Max Credits. 
Thanks!

If you have no credits, and push the "cash out" button, does it light up?  If it does, then you are in credit mode.  All S+ have the cash/credit button.  If you push this button when you have credits, it will cash out.  If you push it when you have no credits, it will change your machine to credit mode.  I think your button has the wrong legend insert on it.  All my S+ machines say cash/credit.
If you find the site helpful, consider becoming a contributing member.  It pays for costs and keeps this site alive.  I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 05:37:05 PM »
Sorry Jim, I missed your reply yesterday.  I'll check the chip tomorrow.  Thanks knagl for alerting me that I missed it!

And thanks for rickhunter for the cash out button explanation.  I'll try that tomorrow too. 

Thanks again for all the help!

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2020, 09:05:11 AM »
Jim, when I get to 6 in coins played, I have a 1 in credits, and I can not change it.  The click though happened several steps prior to the 6, and clicks again when I push test button to advance to the 7. 

SP1271 is game prom.

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
The Cash Out button seems to only be that, not cash/credit too.  It only lights up when there are credits available to cash out.  With no credits, it does not light up with a press.  I tried a bill (it paid out), hit the button once to change it (in case a light was out and I couldn’t tell), and tried another bill and it also paid out. 
 :banghead:

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 11:22:22 AM »
Do you have a set15 chip?  I would reset the BV to .25 and hopefully that will unlock the 8.2 setting so you can change it.

https://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php?topic=514.0

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 11:55:17 AM »
Yes, I have a set15 chip.  I guess I'll go through that.  I need to read up on the process to do that, and what settings I'll need for whatever options I'll need to go through.  I saw some info on that elsewhere here. 
Thanks for the help!

Offline Jim

• 1-513-984-2201
  • Supporting Vendors
  • Reputation Power: 301
  • Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!Jim Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
The reason I asked you to look at the number in the #6 test was to determine what the denomination was actually set at. In your first post you said you put in a dollar and the hopper paid out 100 coins, that led me to believe the machine was sent to 1 cent, and having a 1 in the winner paid kind of makes sense,  not sure what a dollar would be??

your SP 1271 version does not recognize the DIP switch settings, so I guess it doesn't matter where they are set??

I would set the denomination to .25 cents and see what happens.  also make sure of the settings in test #7 and Test #8 

just out of curiosity, what did you have to do to get the machine to a working condition, you stated this in your first post. 

Jim

Signature:
MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma, Bally Alpha's , Williams-550, DOTS, BBU I don't have a WEB SITE, HOWEVER, I have hundreds of parts and reel strips and glass. If you need something, call or send me a pm. 

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 03:39:00 PM »
I used the set15 chip...

Jim, the 6  1 did mean it was set to one cent. 
I stepped through 1, 5, 10, and stopped on 25. 

After restarting with game chip in, I tried a dollar bill, and... IT WORKED!  :)
Well, sort of.  It paid only 4 coins (like it should), but it still sent them to the tray from the hopper.  Much more livable/workable situation, but still not right. 

And when I get to that 8 2, I still can't change it. 
So, sixcardmark, it fixed the denomination, but didn't unlock the 8 setting. 

Any other ideas?
Thanks!!

Offline Bultar

• NLG
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 03:56:53 PM »
Oh, and Jim, your question on what I had to do to get it going...
It was in storage for a few years, and it was a month or so ago when I first fired it up.  Honestly right now I couldn't tell you exactly what I did.  I know I checked the battery on the MPU right away, and it had good voltage.  I do remember that I had some error codes, but not which.  And perhaps I screwed up by trying to reset it without reading up first on what the codes were, and how it should be set up.  Instead I just jumped in from memory of years ago, and started pushing the test button and turning the reset key. Again, not sure what I did, but got it working pretty quickly - except for the dollar spitting out 100 coins.  Looking back now, it's certainly possible that I changed the 6 25 to 6 1 by mistake.  But before it went into storage the bill acceptor worked, and paid to credit. 
Thanks again for your help!

Offline rickhunter

• Sr NLG Member
  • I Void Warranties.
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2020, 04:41:46 PM »
Ok, so I just went and tried this on my S+ with the SP1271 chip.

Power up.  After the reels spin.  Open door. Press reset button 3 times (I usually wait a second between each press).  You should see on the leftmost window "5  x"  you should be able to change the x position to a 2 by pressing the spin reel button.  then turn jackpot reset key until you get to "8  2" You should be able to change it to 0 by pressing the spin reels button.  Turn jackpot reset key once to move away and save it.  Close door.  The cash out button should be able to be turned on and off by pressing it.  On means credit mode.

From the PSR for your game chip.

To change the option setting, press the Spin Reels button.  To move to the next page zero option, turn the jackpot reset key.  To move to Group 3 at any time within the zero pages, press the self test button.

Credit Mode <0> [5]   Options are standard credit or noncredit {0}, player-initiated credit {1} and player-initiated noncredit {2}.  The player-initiated credit option defaults to the noncredit mode when the credit meter remains at zero for more than 30 seconds, or when any accumulated credits are cashed out.  The player-initiated noncredit option defaults to the credit mode if the game is idle for 30 seconds, and it remains in the credit mode when credits are cashed out  credits are accumulated.

Bill Acceptor Pay Mode <0> [8]   The bill acceptor must be enabled with the set chip to change this option.  Options are pay coins from the hopper {2}, convert bills to credits {1}, or follow the player-initiated credit {0}.  If set to follow the player-initiated credit, bills are converted to credits if the player has selected the credit mode, or paid from the hopper if the player has selected the noncredit mode.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal