New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: Validator only reads tickets upside down  (Read 890 times)

Offline dailey

• Contributing NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
Validator only reads tickets upside down
« on: November 08, 2023, 02:37:47 PM »
I have an MEI Cashflow SC6612U bill validator in an S3000 machine. It works fine except it will only read tickets inserted upside down.

According to the model number, this head is an up stacker. Is this the wrong head for this machine as it is clearly down stacking ?  I'm trying to understand this. Can this head be swapped with an SC6602 from an S2000 and will this correct the upside down issue ?

Offline RB

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 351
  • RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!RB Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
Re: Validator only reads tickets upside down
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 03:49:43 PM »
6612U is an upstacker. You can use a 6602U or maybe a 6602 with the correct flash. Is that an ID028 machine?
Looks like an S3000?
Quality doesn't cost. It pays.

Offline dailey

• dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.dailey Is on the verge of being accepted.
  • NLG
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 04:14:20 PM »
It is an S3000 machine.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 240
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 05:25:42 PM »
Look under machine settings and see if it is using ID024 or ID028.  IF it is using ID024 then yes that would solve your problem.

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 01:02:50 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the reason the validator will only read tickets upside down is because it is an upstacker head (SC6612-U) installed in a downstacker installation. To read a ticket inserted right side up I need a downstacker head.

I pulled an SC6602 from an S2000 machine and tried it, but it didn't work. I got the message "device not connected".  Is this because it wasn't a USB head (SC6602-U) ?

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!sixcardmark Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 01:15:05 PM »
That is correct, it is upstacker. SC6602 will work without USB but must be ID024.  IDO28 needs USB BV.  Looks like S3000 uses ID028 if it didn't work.  (AVP 3.0 will work either way, AVP 4.0 is ID028 only I believe)  Not a lot of S3000s out in the wild yet.

Offline Slotman

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • Slotman New User barely matters.Slotman New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2023, 04:09:48 PM »
Im sure someone would be willing to trade a 6602 for that 6612 as the 6612 is slightly harder to find.

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2023, 04:35:06 PM »
Im sure someone would be willing to trade a 6602 for that 6612 as the 6612 is slightly harder to find.
He said his ID024 6602 didn't work, so it needs ID028 firmware.

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2023, 05:33:54 PM »
 I located an sc66 maintenance manual and found some interesting info. If I'm reading it correctly, the SC6602 is made to interface with two different IGT protocol. Netplex and SPC (USB). It still doesn't answer all of my questions or explain why my SC6602 didn't work on the machine. Maybe it didn't have the SPC (USB) firmware ?   Do I need SC6602-U ?

(from the manual)
"SC6602 is a Flash unit made to interface to IGT’s Netplex/SPC machines. It uses the IGT ID024 interface and SPC USB interface."

"IGT Netplex (Serial) Protocol is proprietary IGT interface used to communicate between the IGT host machine and the Bill Acceptor."

"IGT SPC (USB) Protocol is proprietary IGT interface used to communicate between the IGT host machine and the Bill Acceptor"

Offline sixcardmark

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2023, 06:59:13 PM »
Did you ever look at your system settings and see which interface your upstacker is using, 024 or 028?  S3000 may require 028.

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2023, 08:20:02 PM »
All I can tell from my system settings is that my validator is using USB. This means it is using the IGT SPC protocol, not Netplex.

From what I've learned so far, the two drop in heads that should work with my current chassis and interface card are:  SC-6612-U (up stacker) & SC-6602-U (down stacker).  I have the SC6602U down stacker on order and I'll soon verify.

I might also add that both of these heads are ID024, but I think this only applies to the Netplex protocol.

Offline Stayouttadabunker

• Sr NLG Member
  • Reputation Power: 409
  • Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!Stayouttadabunker Is an-NLG GOD!
  • NLG
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 07:36:29 AM »
Dailey,
I wonder if this'll help ya?...>>>

http://forums.delphiforums.com/slottech/messages?msg=15156.3
Remember, the more you tell us - the better we can help you!

Consider becoming a regular contributing member, which helps pay costs to keep this site up and running so you can keep your machine up and running :)

Offline dailey

• NLG
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 09:47:24 AM »
Thanks !!!   That's good information.

Offline proline111

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • proline111 New User has no influence.
  • NLG
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2023, 11:45:52 AM »
SCN type is advanced type and it has bar code readers on upper and lower pcb, so you can insert ticket all four ways and it will be accepted.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal