New Life Games LLC
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Welcome to the NewLifeGames.com message forum! 

NLG Site Navigation Menu

Archives of old posts can be found at...... Newlifegames.net/nlg/

Author Topic: 5500 MPU board not booting  (Read 3895 times)

Offline pinwizman

• New NLG Member 3 to 100 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • pinwizman New User has no influence.
  • NLG
    • pinwizman
5500 MPU board not booting
« on: June 08, 2015, 02:56:01 PM »
I have a Bally 5500 Sevens that was given to me. Knowing nothing about Slots ( I do know how to repair some Pinball machines) I dug into it. Found the battery dead, replaced it. Bought the clearing chips and was able to get it up and running. Played the machine for about 45min last night. today I turned it on to see which light bulbs I still needed to change. How the machine will not boot up. The lights come on, the bill validator cycles, but that's it. I know I'm getting power to the MPU Board. I have an other MPU Board I stuck just to see if I dad power to the board. Where do I go from here? The red MPU light keeps blinking.

Not sure what I did but its now booting up, however I'm getting a code 31 hopper jamb. The hopper is not jammed??

Thanks Rob
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 06:41:30 PM by pinwizman »

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
Re: 5500 MPU board not booting
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 06:51:54 PM »
Error should clear by opening and closing the door or just the door switch.

Offline pinwizman

• NLG
    • pinwizman
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 07:08:46 PM »
I tried that, turned off, and turned on, pulled the hopper out, reinstalled reseating the connection?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »
Try clearing it again.

Offline pinwizman

• NLG
    • pinwizman
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:49 PM »
It's cleaned, I even swapped out the hopper, Still getting the #31 error, plus I also getting a Code 54. I checked the two switches, the top one was cought on the money tray. readjusted the switch and still won't clear. I tried to do another saferam clear and I'm getting all 9's in the display. I don't know
enough about slots, but I'm thinking RAM problem?

Offline Sunrise Side

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 501 to 10,000 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 166
  • Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!Sunrise Side Is an-NLG GOD!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Have you reseated all the harnesses at the backplane? Check your circuit breakers near the power switch. Reseat all the wires that connect to the breakers. 54 is cash door is open.

Offline Neonkiss

• Sr NLG Member
  • NLG Member 251 to 500 Posts
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • Neonkiss New User barely matters.Neonkiss New User barely matters.
  • NLG
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 03:48:37 PM »
Check the switch that is used for the cash box on the right side of the machine. If the lock is missing then the way it use to work was the cam of the lock would close a switch above the outside door. Sometimes you can reach the switch from inside the machine on the right hand side behind the bill validator. It is common for someone to use a folded piece of paper or something under the switch lever to hold it up, but if the paper comes loose it results in the 54 error

Offline pinwizman

• NLG
    • pinwizman
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
I'll reseat everything on the backplane tomorrow to see if I can get rid of the code 31. Got the code 54, I put a wire tie around the top switch to make sure that, that switch will always stay close. The bottom switch seems to be Ok. The cash box depresses it correctly. I can't seem to get a good safeRom clear. I do the clear procedure and all I get is 9's in the display. I ordered new ROM's and I'll install them to try to get a good clear, maybe that will clear the errors. Will see what happens then.

Thanks for the help

Offline pinwizman

• NLG
    • pinwizman
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 08:01:18 PM »
Thanks for everyone help. I re-seated backplane and re-seated all main game chips. It finally did a good ram clear. Cleared all error codes. Problem solved.

Cell Phone and Pad Mode

imode wap wap2

NLG Archives

Archives @ newlifegames.net Wayback Machine

Contact Us

NLG Shop 928 754-4147 Email Us 1788 Highway 95 30 BHC City AZ 86442
If you find this site helpful, please consider becoming a Contributing NLG Member with a monthly subscription to help cover the cost of pizza, coffee, aspirin, hosting, and bandwidth.
Contributing Members: get unlimited personal messages, can save topics and replies as drafts,
can post to the Classified ads, get unlimited access to the downloads, and also get this minty badge:

**Subscription Link** (Click Here) **Subscription Link**

If you would rather remain anonymous Thank You or just want to help support the site, please use this "make a donation" button:

From your entire NLG staff, thank you for supporting NLG.

New Life Games LLC 1788 HIGHWAY 95 UNIT 30 BULLHEAD CITY AZ 86442

Newlifegames.com     Newlifegames.net     Newlifegames.org

Newlifegame.com     Newlifegame.net     Newlifegame.org    Newlifegames.us

New Life Games     NewLifeGames  NLG

We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS

Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2022

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml
If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

The NewLifeGames.com website is optimized for use with Firefox and a minimum screen resolution of 1600 x 900 pixels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal